It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you feel about your soon to be death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I fear intractable pain in the process of dying rather than death itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Not afraid of dying..Just hope it isn't painful.I.E I would like to go out quick,or Die in my sleep,like waking up Dead..
Edit.forgot to add..Cool post S&F.:]
edit on 16-1-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is not a judgement, however, I am a bit surprised by so many who are "not afraid of dying". I try not to think about it, because I am very fearful of dying. Some of this may be due to my (forced) membership in a Methodist Church from a very young age and the worry that my sins will condemn me to everlasting torment in a fire & brimstone hell, and some of it may be due to not having any control over this impending event with an unknown result (I do not plan on suicide or euthanasia at this moment).

I have had a number of terrifying dreams about the destruction of the Earth that always cause me to awaken shuddering... I have also come very close to dying in a number of situations, in fact, I have had a "near-death" experience in a hospital that probably should have removed the substantial amount of fear that overcomes me when I brood upon my demise. So, I guess the fears that I have are so deeply ingrained in my being that I will remain fearful even if I were to learn that instead of Hell, I will be joined in Paradise by 111 virgin rats.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Food for thought, we say we are all living but in the matter of the fact is we all started to die the day we were born.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I won't die until it's my time to.

And I'm not afraid of it. But I know it isn't soon--I still have a lot of work to do.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'll go when I have to.

I'm looking forward to the sleep to be honest.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Respects the boundaries of which the Energy of Death “maintains”
Transmits to it consciously/metaphysically
my plans and goals, with request that it understands

This “current” life 1 lives, doesn’t feel like its my first
Closes transmission with it
1 SHALL DO THY BEST NOT TO MAKE ANOTHER SOUL HURT

To 1 its considered how much life-force work that Life force energy must manage with the many transitioning CREATOR Creation energies going through the phases of life and death within Existence.
So respects its boundaries and duties within the WHOLE* and tries my best not to cause to many ripples in its ponds of life transitioning. Ripples caused by generating death of which it may have to eventually manage.

Karma may also know this life force energy and helps it to make managing decision making of passage access granted or lost not granted of some of the transitioning Eternal Soul-Spirit-Internal Energy of the Created.
And so…

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I await death as it will be a new beginning for me in a new body without the corruption of sin and death.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well, it's inevitable...so.
I wouldn't want to die (physically) like my Mother did. It was a painful process, very unexpected, and she wasn't ready (prepared mentally).
I've written my letters, have a substantial life insurance, and have had discussions that go along the lines of, "When I am not here, you will need to know these things...".

I have had several friends and family "cut down in the prime of their lives" so to speak and have seen what difficulties not being prepared have left behind for those living...yes, often it was due to lifestyle choices but, nevertheless...

It's going to happen whether it's a freak accident, illness, or homicide. I think it is wise, once one comes of a reasonable age (maturity) or has those they are responsible to, to prepare for the inevitable...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i am sure i have replied to threads " of this kind " before

but to regurgitate :

being dead carries no emotional baggage for me - i know i have to die at some point

and my world view predicts absolutly nothing - no heaven , hell , reincarnation etc - just dead

i do however have a rabid fear of dying - because i have had multiple ` brushes ` with dying - and all were brutal , painfull - left my body mangled

thats why i fear dying - not death

death is final and absolute

dying - i have to live through
edit on 17-1-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"I'll be back".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join