It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you feel about your soon to be death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You could be 16 years old, but you are going to die soon. Soon might be in the next 7 seconds.
Death is a reality that is very 3D for me as a 66 year old.

Death is my pal. I talk to him. We negotiate.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think I am on my ninth life, I could go anyday. I never thought I would live to sixty but I guess I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Pray you go before you land in the place I work...

It isn't pretty...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I feel like it will happen wether I want it to or not so why be afraid.

Yesterday I saw an elderly woman almost get hit crossing the road, she would have died a few feet in front of me and that's life.

I'm 26 and I've had more than a handful of near death experiences not to mention a threat or two against my life; what can I say I've lived a great life so far and I'll keep going until my heart stops, I know that's how I will go.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'm edging 60 and never thought I'd live as long as I have.

I treat every day like it's my last. I tell my kids I love them, I adore my wife every day. I work as if it's my first day on the job and I'm trying to impress my boss.

But sometimes. . . . . . . I look forward to the long nap.

Maybe not look forward to it, but I'm not afraid of it. (edit)
edit on 16-1-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of it, I'd even say that I embrace it. This world sucks, I'm ready to leave it. I'm not suicidal though, I enjoy the company of my family and friends and would not want to hurt them by doing something stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My biggest fear is leaving my children before i have given them a real chance at this #ty life....

I must be dumb as when i am on a plane i pray that if it is my time please look after my little ones and i dont even believe in god....ok maybe i do just not the one sold to us in our religions...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am completely fine with it, no fear whatsoever. Almost 13 years ago, I had a near death experience that was honestly the most peaceful experience I've ever felt. Prior to the NDE, death scared me, the thought of it would make my heart race. Now I know it's not something to be feared.

What is scary is dying from a long illness or something painful, not death itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nothing to fear. I see death as a reward at the end of a long day. Ultimate peace. Until that day comes I am going to live my ass off.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I say I'm fine with it, but it will be terrifying when it occurs.

Odd thing: Every time I lay down to sleep, I get images and impressions of my self being bisected or impaled.
I don't think I'm being psychic or anything like that, but it's been months now and is getting a bit old and weird.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The idea of death intrigues me. at worst it will be absolutely nothing, at best, something

The idea of dying terrifies me. not the philosophical we are dying the day we are born kinda thing, but you know..the process..the choking on some food or feeling a sudden pain the chest part that sucks.
I imagine you can have the longest working up to it possible and it will still feel sudden and terrifying as its happening, and it sucks that thats how most everyone leaves life.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm not afraid of it, I'd even say that I embrace it. This world sucks, I'm ready to leave it. I'm not suicidal though, I enjoy the company of my family and friends and would not want to hurt them by doing something stupid.

I starred you, for I feel -exactly- the same way.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm not afraid, I've been coming to terms with my death for the past 13 years. I just get on the best I can fighting for another few years here and there. Having come to terms with death, leaves me with no real worries in life, so that in itself is quite emancipation get, when I see all the fear in the world rehabilitating people. Everyday is another day here to enjoy the moments I can. You can't escape the flow of life so might as well go with it and let the flow take the strain and use its momentum to keep you moving while time unfolds in front of you

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I am ready to rumble. Start fearing death and you will ruin whatever life you have left to live.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ive been taking care of my 90 yr old mom with dementia. She goes through a range of emotions, and fear of dying is one of them. She is a Jehovahs Witness and they dont believe in life after death, just when your dead you cease to exist, until your body is recreated in the new world and then Jehovah will breath life into it again. She is afraid to die.

This experience has taught me many things. There are a lot of theories about what happens after we die, and no matter what the truth ends up being, its better to believe in something that gives you hope and peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Anyone could go at any time.

Caught up in a cross fire in a dispute we have no part of, knifed in a case of mistaken identity, run over by a drunk, or stumble out in the road ourselves when inebriated, gas leaks, plane crashes, genetic errors leading to brain aneurysm, heart failure, aortic transaction after a cycling accident, the list goes for miles and miles.

An iron core comet, flung out of deep space could pass through our world like a bullet through a melon, smashing it apart and throwing chunks of planet off, burning, screaming, suffocating inhabitants and all, into the deep reaches of space, to be consumed in the atmospheres of other worlds, or to drift silently in the void, faces melted, then frozen in place, screaming for all eternity in total peace.

What use is worrying about it? The Reaper comes and goes as he pleases, and all we can do is make sure we do our damnedest to have a good time, and make sure everyone else is having one too.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

While I'm not afraid of death itself, I'd like to live to be very old. There's a lot I'd like to do and I'd prefer to experiences all of the "age phases" of life.

Again, while I don't fear death itself, I don't want my children and my wife to be without me in the years ahead. The thought of my son not having his daddy to teach him baseball and fixing things, my daughter skipping the "daddy-daughter" dance, and menacing horny young boys is what's kept me on my toes with healthy living and away from the high risk adventures of my youth (like untrained freehand rock climbing.)

I love life, but sometimes feel an urgency to impart all the love and knowledge I can to my little ones, just in case some textard bisects me on the road one day.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
utterly terrified to the point of I think I might need treatment!

Soooo much I haven't done yet want to do and I really have to stop letting it consume my thoughts
I so want to believe in life after death but find it very hard to do so, there seems to be no logical reason why there should be. I fear for the future but would love to be able to come back in say 1000 yrs see what the place is like. I would even prefer to see my children die rather than me first so I would know they had great happy lives and could be there for them
Sad but true

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."

J.M. Barrie

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i am very scared. nothing scares me more.
i am not worried about the pain of it. i just have a hard time coming to terms with the forever of it.

i try to tell myself death will be like when before i was conceived.
that part of my 'life' wasnt too bad

i always say i dont think there is a heaven or an afterlife but i sure hope their is

top topics

<<   2 >>

join