It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Gear a black project.....for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps one of the newest projects in devlopement by the U.S.A National
defense. The point of the project is to produce a high powered, fully armed walking, yes walking, nuclear equiped by-peddal battle tank. This machine is code named "Metal Gear Rex" This machine is equiped with things like
a missle module on its back, machine cannon, gause rifle, and a rail gun.
The nuclear war heads are launched through the rail gun. this allows a nuclear warhead to be launched in a way so that it is invisible to radar.
By using the rail gun, the warhead is fired using high powered magnets,
therefore, the warhead does not burn fuel, thus making it invisible to radar. The american division in charge of the production of rex is
DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) if you have any questions, e-mail me at [email protected] I can send you pictures,
specifications, etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You've been playin too many computer games, if it is in production/research/whatever d'ya honestly think they'd give it the same name as a computer game? Maybe to drift us off course i suppose thats a possibility but just doesnt seem plausable?! Be kinda cool though

(edit) why spend Millions, even billions on something just to fire these magnetic propelled missiles you speak of, why not just build a launch base or something cheaper and much more simple?

[edit on 7/1/05 by Stuey1221]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
stuey1221 has a good point. anything like this is probably a part of the nevada base, area 51. i doubt that anyone would create something like this from a computer game and give it the same name. where's the reality in that. besides i think hideo kojima can sue whoever's building this for stealing his name and design.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah, Metal Gear is copyrighted since 1987...

I have been playing the original on the MSX way back...

BUT, the US also copied the name "Star Wars" which George Lucas sued the gov for with no avail

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Yeah, Metal Gear is copyrighted since 1987...

I have been playing the original on the MSX way back...

BUT, the US also copied the name "Star Wars" which George Lucas sued the gov for with no avail

Actually, the media gave SDI the name "Star Wars." The government never named it that, and you'll never hear government officials calling it that, only civilians and the media. And on the original subject, I agree with the stated opinions; why spend billions on a computer game fanatasy just to shoot invisible nuclear weapons? I don't know. Maybe there's something inherently cool about rail guns.

EDIT: Besides, a mech would be way easier to destroy than a good silo, even with the missle launcher. Seeing as no nation can shoot down nukes (yet), what's the point of making them stealth? If noone could shoot down your aircraft, then would we have stealth technology?

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Shadowtrooper90]

top topics

join