It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows 45 Percent Increase in Death by Law Enforcement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

No duh their numbers are smaller, it's clearly written in the OP.

Funny how you assume all black and Hispanic people are thugs.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You think black people are gonna come out and support a group of white armed men from the mid west? Hell, why don't the Bundy boys come out and support BLM and the end of killing minorities? Seems all they care about is land.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

They put up with the same nonsense every day. It would eventually break down just about anyone. If you think otherwise then you should become a cop and prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Never said they all were but there are far more black and Hispanic criminals than there are white. Not to mention usually the white criminals are a result of hanging around low income areas. Where the minorities are the majority of the population. I also say criminal meaning anything from selling drugs to robbing liquor stores. This is from my own experience sing these things happen with my own 2 eyes.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wonder though, could the rise also be partially caused by a more recent phenomena known as "death by cop" or "suicide by cop"? More people are intentionally being antagonistic with police in order to get themselves killed. I wonder if that was factored into these studies and numbers being reported.

edit on 1/16/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Far more? You got some statistics to back that statement? Being that white people are the majority in this country I really doubt your assumptions.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sure, black and Hispanic people all want to kill themselves and their choice is by cop...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Please, stop the hyperbole (or is that too big a word for you to understand). Where did I say ALL? I said, partially For those that understand that word, it means a part, a portion, not all but some.

Try to comprehend what you are reading please before you respond next time.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hyperbole? Obviously you don't know what that word means so is it too big for you? You mad bro?

I wonder though, could the rise also be partially caused by a more recent phenomena known as "death by cop" or "suicide by cop"? More people are intentionally being antagonistic with police in order to get themselves killed. I wonder if that was factored into these studies and numbers being reported.

It's not hyperbole when your post is being addressed. I guess your accusations are based on the fact I disagree with your ridiculous assessment.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hyperbole
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]

Word Origin noun, Rhetoric. 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration. 2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

I guess I needed to provide you a definition of your obvious and intentional exaggeration of my post by taking the "partial" aspect and exaggerating it to "all". For the record....
I asked:

originally posted by: Krakatoa

You said:

originally posted by: Swills

Sure, black and Hispanic people all want to kill themselves and their choice is by cop...

Yeah, I don't understand the meaning of the word I accurately used to in response to your comment. I asked a simple question about the topic. My question still stands. Could this be ONE of the reasons, that a PART of the stats show the rise in deaths by police?

edit on 1/16/2016 by Krakatoa because: modified post for clarity only

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I guess being a non criminal and white or black it doesn't really bother me..IT'S NOT MU FAULT.. IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! REALLY

a reply to: Cinrad

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Good for you, you looked it up!

Your hyperbole, based on no evidence, "could the rise also be partially caused by a more recent phenomena known as "death by cop" or "suicide by cop"?".

So you think the rise, which isn't a recent trend, is because blacks and Hispanics want to kill themselves via death by cop. Argue all you want but you said it. So according to you, cops aren't killing them, they are killing themselves basically saying their death is their own fault. Good job blaming it on the blacks and Hispanics!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I am ASKING, not stating as fact. I am sorry that questioning your studies bent you out of shape. I thought we were supposed to question things, and not take, on face value, items posted by nondescript people on the Internet?

I repeat, COULD this rise in deaths by police be attributed, in part, by a relatively new phenomena such as "suicide by cop"? A phenomena that here, on ATS, we have seen cases of and discussed at length many times.

This phenomena spans all races and economic structures, so I posit it could be another factor embedded within the numbers of that statistic.

From the OP source:

Data compiled for the report included annual national, regional, state, and county-level information on the underlying cause of death as stated on the death certificate according to age, gender, race, and cause for all legal residents. These data did not pertain to illegal immigrants. In the report, the researchers were able to describe mortality from legal intervention in the U.S. from 1999 to 2013 by time, person and place.

Since "suicide by cop" is not an accepted reason to put on a death certificate, it could be hidden in the numbers. Someone would have to pull all the police reports, go through them all, and see if the description of the suspects action could be construed or interpreted as such to see if it is hidden.

edit on 1/16/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I think it's both, poor training and racism. Poor training leads to fear and poor judgement. Now, obviously not all cops are bad but there are bad cops and from what we've all seen is the all cops (and prosecutors) protect each other.

I don't know what extent racism may play but since cops are people too you can bet there is some racism involved.
Between the weapons and training I do think too many cops view policing more like a military occupation force.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

that would be over 9000, though. Having the BLM in Oregon to tak on the BLM? Where's Xzibit when you need him?

RE: the OP....its not just crooked cops. Surely that is an issue. But its also racist laws. Were laws not in place driving increased interactions among minority populations, there would be less opportunity for police to shoot minorities in those populations.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We (The U.S.) have the most deaths by law enforcement, the most prisons/jails, and the highest incarcerated population in the world.

If that was happening in a place like say the U.K.
we would all be laughing and saying "See what happens when you have an unarmed populace?".

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
We (The U.S.) have the most deaths by law enforcement, the most prisons/jails, and the highest incarcerated population in the world.

If that was happening in a place like say the U.K.
we would all be laughing and saying "See what happens when you have an unarmed populace?".

And the fact that it ISN'T tells us what?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm absolutely shocked there is even a debate or argument going on that fatalities by the police have increased. You don't need a study to know this. You don't need a study to know that militarization of the police has dramatically increased.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Again, your question has zero evidence to support it. You may as well ask any question like has there been a rise in deaths because cops don't like Obama? Hyperboles come in the form of questions too. Still funny though that your blaming the population for the cops killing them.

Here's an idea, why not look for a study about the very question you asked? It must exist.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I agree with you but still people want studies and even when presented to them they deny it. Lots of people don't want facts, they want anything that supports their views whether it's based on facts or BS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join