It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: RNC member urges party to rally against Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

‘We’re almost terrorized …. “Shut up. Toe the line,”’ committeeman tells Republican colleagues in a closed-door meeting.

CHARLESTON, S.C.—A Republican National committeeman delivered a call-to-arms against Donald Trump during a closed-door GOP meeting on Thursday, urging his colleagues to take a forceful stand against those who he said are destroying the party’s brand.

At a breakfast at the RNC winter meeting, Holland Redfield, an RNC committeeman who represents the minority-rich Virgin Islands, rose to address party Chairman Reince Priebus. In the five-minute impromptu speech, a video recording of which Redfield provided to POLITICO, Redfield did not explicitly mention Trump’s name. But he made clear that angry voices in the party pose a grave threat to the GOP’s future, and expressed alarm at what he described as crushing pressure to play nice.

“You can argue with me, but we’re almost terrorized as members of our party. ‘Shut up. Toe the line, embrace each other, and let’s go forward.’ I understand that. But there is a limit to loyalty. I am loyal to this party by speaking out on these very issues,” he said at the private breakfast meeting.

At one point, Redfield essentially argued that those in the room have been held hostage by Trump’s threat to run as a third-party candidate if the party hierarchy treats him unfairly.
“As a party, we owe it to ourselves to speak up, and not let the tail wag the dog, and not let someone say, all of a sudden, ‘If you don’t play my game, then I’m running as an independent.”

www.politico.com...

Wow! People love to talk how bad Trump throwing temper tantrums, looks like the RNC committeeman are throwing their own, because Trump is not play ball with them.

This is exactly what was told to me in another ATS thread about Trump last night. The RNC will turn on Trump and push another Republican candid into the front running.

My question is for ATS is what do you all believe will happen if Trump decides to run as a third party?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Looks like certain circles are mobilizing for Bush !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ross Perot 2.0 except with a victory this time around. A win would certainly open the door for future third party candidates. I see it as a win all the way around honestly. He would pull from Republicans, Independents, and Democrats. Being an independent would remove the stigma and draw more Dem voters as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like certain circles are mobilizing for Bush !!!

That is what I was thinking to.

Oh boy, not another four more years of a war hawk in Office . We will be in more never ending wars.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If Trump goes third party and wins, the Rebuplican/Democrate party stranglehold on the country dies a violent death as they thrash around trying to hold onto power and money. Thats why I hope Trump wins lol

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Ross Perot 2.0 except with a victory this time around. A win would certainly open the door for future third party candidates. I see it as a win all the way around honestly. He would pull from Republicans, Independents, and Democrats. Being an independent would remove the stigma and draw more Dem voters as well.

Do you think so, that could end the two party perhaps for good. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

If Trump goes third party and wins, the Rebuplican/Democrate party stranglehold on the country dies a violent death as they thrash around trying to hold onto power and money. Thats why I hope Trump wins lol

I would give anything to see that happen. And it is possible, seeing that Trumps is funding his own.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

But he made clear that angry voices in the party pose a grave threat to the GOP’s future, and expressed alarm at what he described as crushing pressure to play nice.

Grrrrrr! I wish their was a flaming head emoticon to insert here!!!

No. It's not the "angry voices" pose a grave threat to their party, it's their self-interest over the people's best interests that's a grave threat to the party -- hence the angry voices!

The RNC will turn on Trump and push another Republican candid into the front running.

Of course they will. Look at what they did to Ron Paul in 2012 and to a lesser extent 2008. Look at what they did to McCain in 2008 and 2000. Look at what they did to Goldwater in 1964 (particularly George Romney, Mitt's dad and good friend of Saul Alinsky). This is SOP for the GOP.

My question is for ATS is what do you all believe will happen if Trump decides to run as a third party?

I'm afraid to guess... but I'm enough of an idealist to want to find out! One thing's for sure, politics and presidential elections will never be the same. Push will come to shove and something will change.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No. It's not the "angry voices" pose a grave threat to their party, it's their self-interest over the people's best interests that's a grave threat to the party -- hence the angry voices!

I agree, they feel threaten that their gravy train will come to an end, I love it.

I'm afraid to guess... but I'm enough of an idealist to want to find out! One thing's for sure, politics and presidential elections will never be the same. Push will come to shove and something will change.

I am hoping for a good change for once. Apparently the two party system isn't working for We The People any longer, and I believe Americans are waking up and have had enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

what the rebublican establishment is failing to realize is their base of voters, the majority of which support Trump, will go ape# if they don't put up the favored person which right now is still Trump. If they wanna continue to survive as a party, they will tuck their tail between their legs and retire and be out of our lives for good.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Now I want to vote for him...when the establishment is this pissy, I'm motivated to do the opposite to their desire.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Oh man. They are really pushing for Jeb.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Grrrrrr! I wish their was a flaming head emoticon to insert here!!!

Spot ON.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
GOOD!
I like it when these RINOs fear.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sounds like they are playing the same game, if you don't do what we want then you are on your own, JFC...how can the people who are supposed to represent the best interest of our country act like a bunch of punks on a playground and expect us to just sit around and go along with what they think is best for us meanwhile excluding themselves from most of the rules they impose on us?
Something is going to snap sooner or later and it's not going to be pretty for any of us including the ones in charge.
If there is no country left to rule over they are going to be just as if not more screwed than the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

what the rebublican establishment is failing to realize is their base of voters, the majority of which support Trump, will go ape# if they don't put up the favored person which right now is still Trump. If they wanna continue to survive as a party, they will tuck their tail between their legs and retire and be out of our lives for good.

Absolutely, The republicans really have a self funding Rino to deal with and they do not like it.

Lets see how dirty the republicans are going to get, closer to election time. I am sure they have a few tricks up their sleeves. However, I think the Republicans are going to boot Trump towards the end.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree, they feel threaten that their gravy train will come to an end, I love it.

Me too!!! Ya gotta love it, right?

And no doubt they'll try to keep the dirty deeds behind closed doors... but Trump will no doubt air their dirty laundry as publicly and loudly as possible! This may get good... Both for entertainment purposes and for long-term change...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sounds like sour grapes from someone that doesn't connect to the present. In cases such as this (tirade) the RNC needs to debate if Redfield is correct or needs to step down.

Red faced screaming matches tend not to be the solution not a proper debate. Some people never seem to learn that lesson in life.

In any case, the RNC will do what it does.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Now are you beginning to understand what I meant in the other thread that the Republicans are turning on each other?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Something is going to snap sooner or later and it's not going to be pretty for any of us including the ones in charge.
If there is no country left to rule over they are going to be just as if not more screwed than the rest of us.

My understanding there is an Emergency of Continuity of government in place if all fails. This will give Americans time to to form a new election if necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join