It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Joker in the Deck

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A thread was recently started concerning a "report circulating around the Kremlin" to the effect that Putin holds GMOs, vaccines, and junk food responsible for turning Americans into fat zombies. This supposed report certainly appeals to some folks' confirmation biases, as it was no doubt intended to. The Kremlin "tell" is misleading, though. This non-news was not produced by our old friend Sorcha Faal. but rather a new fabulist writing under the handle "Baxter Dmitry." Here is a screen capture of the most recent articles he has contributed to yournewswire.com:

yournewswire.com...

Here is the complete list:

Putin: Russia Is Ready To Show Proof That 9/11 Was An Inside Job

(this has already caused some trouble on ATS.)

Queen Elizabeth Promises To ‘Take Back America’ If Trump Elected

Vatileaks: Pope Says US Democracy Is Dead, Obama A “Dictator”

Putin: Human Evolution Under Threat By Big Pharma, GMO, Vaccines

There is a thread devoted to this.

Pope Warns “End Of Days Begin Now” As Iran-Saudi Crisis Develops

I don't frequent the Prophecy Board, but....

Putin Unleashes Cyborg Rats In War Against ISIS

My nomination for the "Flying Saucers Versus the Nazi Dinosaurs" Prize.

North Korea Threatens Retaliation As Kim Jong-un Deported From UK

Putin: The Illuminati Hope To Start World War 3, I Won’t Let Them

Queen’s 2015 Christmas Message: “Enjoy Your Final Christmas”

Donald Trump Strongly Denies Gay Putin Rumors

Iran’s Supreme Leader Says New World Order To Be Thwarted In 2016

Putin: ISIS Was Made In The USA, And We’re Going To Destroy Them

Former Nanny Says Kim Kardashian An Illuminati Insider

Putin Has Proof Princess Diana Was Killed By British Royal Family

(Pics! What more proof do you need?)

Putin’s 2016 New Year Speech – I’m Going To Defeat The Illuminati

David Icke Didn’t Expose Jimmy Savile Before He Died, But Tells Fans He Did

Some of these articles are extremely funny, and I would like to think that they are clever satire. Here's the problem: this is not a satirical site like The Onion. They intermingle real news with shoddy propaganda and outright hoaxes. The editor is a man going by the name of Sean Adl-Tabatabai . (Nice Irish-Arab name, eh?) He definitely has a point of view. Let's examine one of the stories bearing his byline:

Netanyahu Cancels Elections, Vows To Serve Until At Least 2023

Israel have canceled a planned primary election for party leadership, placing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the leader of Israel until at least 2023.

[Edit for brevity. --DJW00]

Netanyahu has been Israel’s prime minister for almost a decade.

yournewswire.com...[Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Sure sounds like Netanyahu has mounted a coup. Here's the problem, the article intentionally does not explain that the election that was cancelled was not a general election. That's right, it was a primary election to determine party leadership... and yet, the author claims that Netanyahu will be the leader not of the Likkud Party, but leader of Israel until "at least 2023." Even Sputnik, the source cited, made that distinction clear:

sputniknews.com...

Here is another article by the editor:

World War 3: Washington Has Iran-Middle East War On Agenda

Iranian naval Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi has accused Washington of going ahead with their plans of a Middle East war amid ongoing and deliberately orchestrated chaos and violence originating from the Pentagon.

The Commander says that Washington is intentionally provoking Iran into military escalation, due to a desire for World War 3.

Globalresearch.ca reports:

His remarks followed seizure of two small US vessels illegally operating in Iranian waters, briefly detaining their crew members.

Before their release, “the US navy and a US aircraft-carrier showed unprofessional behavior for about 40 minutes and made some moves in the air and the sea in the region,” said Fadavi – provocations risking direct confrontation.

Now this does sound like something an Iranian hardliner might say, so I tried to trace it back to its source. First stop: Globalresearch.ca!

Does Washington Plan Greater Middle East War? Is War on Iran Still on the Pentagon’s Drawing Board?

The region already is cauldron of endless violence and chaos. Is Washington planning a scenario of military escalation.

Iranian naval commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi accused Washington of reckless moves, risking war with the Islamic Republic.

His remarks followed seizure of two small US vessels illegally operating in Iranian waters, briefly detaining their crew members.

Before their release, “the US navy and a US aircraft-carrier showed unprofessional behavior for about 40 minutes and made some moves in the air and the sea in the region,” said Fadavi – provocations risking direct confrontation.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Think about it. At least Globalresearch.ca had the honesty to phrase the headline as a rhetorical question rather than a fact! For the record, here is the FARS reporting that inspired this echo chamber:

US Reckless Moves in Persian Gulf Could Trigger War

TEHRAN (FNA)- IRGC Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said the US warships were making irrational and unprofessional moves after ten American marines were arrested for illegally entering Iran's territorial waters on Tuesday.
Admiral Fadavi's remarks came after the IRGC seized two US Navy boats Tuesday and detained them on Iran's Farsi Island in the Persian Gulf.

"After that the US navy and a US aircraft-carrier showed unprofessional behavior for about 40 minutes and made some moves in the air and the sea in the region...but calm was restored to the region with the timely action of the IRGC forces and came under our 100 percent control," Admiral Fadavi said.

The IRGC Navy commander reiterated that his forces are in full control of all waters of the Persian Gulf and Hormuz Strait.

en.farsnews.com...

Note that the Iranian source does not attribute intent. Instead, it warns that clumsy moves could destabilize the srategic situation. You will note that the Admiral does not characterize the American ships' actions a being provocative. Rather, the point seems to be that the Americans had poor discipline, leading to a confused situation that the IRGC was able to restore to order.

In conclusion, ATS members should approach yournewswire.com with all due skepticism, and treat anything that Baxter Dmitry posts as a [HOAX!].
edit on 15-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Excellent investigative work!

Thank you for bringing that to the boards. *Applause*

Sounds like a tabloid click-bait sensationalist if I've ever seen one!

- AB

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Good find...

Gotta expose the exposers when they run afoul. Wonder how many people shared those articles and spread the cancer..?

Appreciate the diligence.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well done, I appreciate the effort and information. ...some of this is seriously funny.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

great catch - I'll be looking out for Baxter Dmitri... ugh, how many of these guys are there?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

How many?

Hundreds.

It's all about social media click bait these days.

Snopes have recently written an article on it too..

www.snopes.com...

edit on 15/1/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Good to know and I appreciate the information... as one of those who bought the Putin/Big Pharma story hook, line and sinker. But no S&F for you this time because rather than offer the information with simple good will for your fellow ATSers, you chose to use it as a public bashing and an opportunity to insult and demean. Not cool.

And just because Putin did not say it doesn't mean it ain't so.... or something similar.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A pleasure to read. S&F.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I am not trying to demean or belittle anyone; remember, I bought into it too! The problem is that some of the claims made plausible. Putin has banned importing GMO foodstuffs into Russia, so why not go all the way?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

A fine piece of investigation mate , hats off to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I am not trying to demean or belittle anyone; remember, I bought into it too! The problem is that some of the claims made plausible. Putin has banned importing GMO foodstuffs into Russia, so why not go all the way?

I'm sorry. I will take you at your word, and I apologize for presuming the worst... and I totally missed the part about you falling for it too. I so hate the in-fighting and divide-and-conquer games that I think I have an extra sensitivity chip or two. Shame on me.

I learned about Sorcha Faal here on ATS too. Maybe her reputation is now preceding her to such an extent they had to come up with a new disinfo agent! Whatever the case, Baxter Dmitry is now on my BS radar, so thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Nice write up!

Unfortunately, there are more and more these sites all the time and far too many people are far too willing to believe anything that some jackass Facebook friend plops on their feed.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Everything has a purpose !!

David Booth

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

Where is there any evidence shown that proves that David Booth had anything to do with CIA? How could posting unbelievable rubbish online in any way benefit CIA?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I didn't find your thread title as nearly click-bait worthy as the aforementioned Putin/GMOs/Big Pharma thread and nearly missed out. Bravo, sir/madam. Nice work

I, also found nothing in your post to convey any insults or demeaning rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
After reading the op the thing that stuck out for me the most was about Princess Diana. That's because recently, I read a story that talked about how the royal family planned her death from the beginning. I don't know if that's true or not because the story I read isn't proof of anything but it made the royal family sound ruthless if true.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
A few of his articles have come up on ATS.

Good eyes.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocketgirl
After reading the op the thing that stuck out for me the most was about Princess Diana. That's because recently, I read a story that talked about how the royal family planned her death from the beginning. I don't know if that's true or not because the story I read isn't proof of anything but it made the royal family sound ruthless if true.

The "Diana Conspiracy" is more popular in Britain than the United States, for obvious reasons. I've never seen any reason why the Royal Family would want to assassinate her. They have no political power, so it's not like Diana could marry a Boneparte and return at the head of an army. Even concerns about the legitimacy of her children, or the "true succession" seem silly. Any property disputes could be settled discreetly in a civil court. I have heard that certain fanatical courtiers found Diana's dating a Muslim to be unacceptable, but you would think they would welcome the scandal falling on her head rather than Charles'.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just been in a Thread with the OP using these as a source.
Are they a banned source? we could do with an update really tellingt us which clickbait sites are frowned upon.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

is it really a " new person " or just another nom de guerre for the cockwomble behind schorcha fail ???

new topics

top topics

join