It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you identify as either Republican or Democrat....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
... you've made enemies of approximately half the country and are playing into the government's mind games.

The Republican and Democratic labels are only ideological fronts that divide us against one another.

Whatever happened to "One nation, [under God], indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"? As soon as you pick a side, you render that part of our pledge obsolete because you have divided yourself from another section of the population.

They WANT us bickering over ideological differences, that's how they keep power over us. Together we stand, divided we fall. We have been divided by today's political climate, and it is all by design.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's the old "Hegelian Dialectic" at work.

Governments thrive on Authoritarianism 100%.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So far in my 60 plus years on earth...I have voted democrat,republican and have not voted at all.
This election time I am not sure what I will do.Your choices are always the same and you have
to always choose the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

You don't come across as that old.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Excellent Thread! agree 100%

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I agree. Unity is key.

Wonder if we're on the verge of a transformation of the party system.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The worse tragedy here is that people follow your thought process that if you identify as one or the other youre an enemy.

There use to be a time where you could have opposing political views or parties and still not be considered an enemy, but instead an American who has a different point of view.

Being free to choose means sometimes we dont get agree , but what makes us strong , or use to , is the ability to know we dont agree but were still countrymen.

Being free means we CAN be Repub, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative , or whatever and that shouldnt matter.

We have no one to blame for the division but ourselves, no people can be divided without compliance
edit on 1/15/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
choose the lesser of two evils.

Or in this election cycle, the lesser of two crazys

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This OP is so true, but good luck breaking through to people about something like politics.

The party system is a joke.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Your choices are always the same and you have
to always choose the lesser of two evils.

I'm assuming you are referring to the DNC and the GOP as the two forms of evil.

Hence in that context:

How can you vote for the lesser evil when both the DNC and the GOP are on the same team and they control the Commission on Presidential Debates along with the MSM .

A vote for the DNC or GOP has been proven to be the same evil over and over as they both produce the same results.

1. Bigger gov't
2. Less personal privacy and rights.
3. Oligopoly friendly and sponsored bills.
4. More debt
5. Willingness to export and import jobs for cheap labor.
6. Use of tax payers money to bailout those with money.
7. Market manipulation.
8. Dishonesty
9. Spending resources overseas versus at home.
10. Willingness to send the taxpayers children to war in the name of profit in the form of oil and other resources.

Voting for the lesser evil is silly enough, but in reality you don't even have that choice.

edit on 25131America/ChicagoFri, 15 Jan 2016 15:25:38 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, once you pick a side, you have picked a side. Labeling yourself is what divides the country, me pointing that fact out is just pointing it out. I'm an Earthling, I don't recognize arbitrary borders or labels.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
They WANT us bickering over ideological differences,

Ideological differences are fine, I personally am a bit annoyed at the ideological similarities grouped together.

But we have to be in active debate.
Abortion, should it be legal or illegal? what is the unified answer here..right, there is none, so you have difference here and different lawmakers have to represent all sides here to find some middle ground.

This is just politics..but it sucks partys exist in such a polar way. I would rather it be like music..people have a wide variety of tastes and the people focused 100% on a single genre and dismissing the rest are considered the weird ones

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

We have no one to blame for the division but ourselves, no people can be divided without compliance

Very true and not to take blame away from the people, but they are also heavily misinformed and manipulated into being compliant.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
While there will always be things that separate us, there are also things that unite us. And it happens in the blink of an eye.
this song is as true then as it is today, with the exception of the perceived enemy.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, once you pick a side, you have picked a side. Labeling yourself is what divides the country, me pointing that fact out is just pointing it out. I'm an Earthling, I don't recognize arbitrary borders or labels.

No it doesnt anymore than being white divides people of different color, if it is not already in them to distinguish themselves from one another.

The mentality of it is where the division lies.

I'm an Earthling, I don't recognize arbitrary borders or labels

And yet you plainly labeled people in your OP if they make a decision on Dem or Repub, this is completely contradictory to your claim above, and again as ive said, furthers the notion of division.

Its perfectly fine and healthy to have diametrically opposed views, this isnt Utopia

What makes the difference is how people choose to let that affect them and how they treat others who come from a different spectrum

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the diametric opposition between he right and left is what keeps America free as no side can introduce and solidify extreme policy very easily.

I think the real problem is that we are always given two diametric choice in the elections. We are to blame for that because we are too befuddled and stupid to take charge of the political process and increase the diversity of candidates.
We are controlled because the process is controlled so effectively...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My point being is that as soon as you label yourself one or the other, not only do you alienate yourself from a certain segment of the population, you also open yourself up to being manipulated by those in power through the media and their bipartisan rhetoric.

Those labels are there to point out our differences, not bring us together through our similarities.

ETA: I recognize your points though, and they are valid in their own right.

edit on 1/15/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
There use to be a time where you could have opposing political views or parties and still not be considered an enemy, but instead an American who has a different point of view.

Personally, I have no problems with opposing political views. In fact, I hold views that are fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

But supporting the two party system is another matter.

The Bush and Clinton families ensured the two parties would work together in secrecy to rob the American people of their right to vote according to their political beliefs. The two parties give off the false impression that they are divided when, in fact, their actions speak to an opposite truth: The federal government has been hijacked by a single party that serves the interest of the global elite. They pretend to stonewall based on partisan division and only agree on policies that screw the voters.

S&Fs, OP.

edit on 15-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What's worse, no one can philosophically justify why they choose this or that party, usually relying on some sort of cult of personality or group-think to persuade their positions, sometimes choosing simply because they are charmed by the one leading it. Often, they choose it because they have been told to, because their friends are, or because it is simply what everyone else is doing.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
What's worse, no one can philosophically justify why they choose this or that party, usually relying on some sort of cult of personality or group-think to persuade their positions, sometimes choosing simply because they are charmed by the one leading it. Often, they choose it because they have been told to, because their friends are, or because it is simply what everyone else is doing.

Or because they just hate the 'other' party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join