It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump disavows support of White Supremecist Groups Super PAC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Recently there have been many MSM articles as well as posts on the Internet claiming bigotry and racism is part of the Trump campaign, even citing the American National Super PAC as a reason that he is racist since they are making robo-calls and using the Trump 'hate and anger' as a part of their message. The campaign had not commented on this for days and Trump has finally put it to rest in a CNN interview.

If this arises, as a candidate, you have to reject the ideas of those that are not inline with yours our you will be made guilty by association.

www.cnn.com...

Donald Trump is rejecting the support of a white nationalist group backing him in Iowa, but embracing what he called the "anger" that has come to characterize his campaign and its followers.

"I would disavow" the group's robocalls to voters, Trump told CNN's Erin Burnett Wednesday night on "OutFront," after being asked about the American National Super PAC

This is how you reject help and do not allow it to follow you. I am sure there will be those who shrug it off but this is the same thing that the Sanders campaign should do as it is hurting them in some polls since there are a few PAC's that are campaigning for them but they will not comment on the actions of the PAC's themselves. Be transparent and leave no doubt to your supporters.

Trump does however understand the 'anger' that is part of the mindset of those who are supporting him including this group. Understanding someone is how you become a good leader. You do not have to have the same outlook but you have to look at who the populace is and why there is anger towards not the issues but the state of the country right now.

"People are angry, they're angry at what's going on," he said. "They're angry at the border, they're angry at the crime, they're angry at people coming in and shooting Kate [Steinle] in the back in California, in San Francisco, they're angry when Jamiel Shaw was shot in the face by an illegal immigrant, they're angry when the woman, the veteran, 65 years old, is raped sodomized and killed by an illegal immigrant. And they're very angry about it and, by the way, thousands of other cases like that.

On Wednesday night, Trump said Haley was correct -- he is mad.

"I'm angry at the way the country is being run and by the results that we have," he said.

Trump then promised that his election would bring "great victories" -- and with them a new, better national mood.

If elected in November, Trump said, the anger would "be gone very quickly."

"

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But is he still going to take their money. Or has he at all

Love love
Alien Supernova

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienSupernova

Nope, he is not taking any money. They were actually called the American National Trump SuperPAC at one point and it was 'politely' asked to have it changed which it was. This is just his way of making sure that voters know that they are not affiliated with the group.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This is like him coming out and saying that he doesn't hit puppies...

Of course he isn't going to publicly endorse a white supremacist PAC, anyone with a half a brain would do that.

Which PACs are you talking about with Sanders btw?
edit on thFri, 15 Jan 2016 13:48:22 -0600America/Chicago120162280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Disavow?

Clever way to respond!

If he said in a blunt way like:

He rejects the idea of white supremacist or says he does not support them explicitly then the outcome would've been different.
edit on 15-1-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
But he has taken money for his campaign

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienSupernova
But he has taken money for his campaign

A "Billionaire" asking for donation:

www.donaldjtrump.com...

Embarrassing!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is the largest one.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

There are quite a few unions who like his ideas.

Here is a more recent article

www.theatlantic.com...

He also openly accepted PAC money in his other elections. Not millions but there is no such thing as a free lunch. You support as a union who you think will benefit you the most.

Hey, I don't blame any candidate for doing it especially when you have the DNC and GOP establishments spending 400 to 500 million on their wanted candidates.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

He has openly supported unions, not really sure he is hiding anything there.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I bet Hillary/Bernie won't disavow support of the supremacist groups that support them.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Is that like; "I'm doing great with the white supremacists but, hey guys I don't need your help?"

Trump may not recognize his similarities with the white supremacist group who's currently supporting him, but they sure as do.

Go figure!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The DNC is behind the whole thing.

They will pay off anybody willing to help smear the opposition.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So, to be clear, he disavows the robo-call campaign, but does not, strangely, disavow every principle of white supremacy?

Interesting. I mean, cold calling and auto diallers are awful things, but you would have thought that it is more than the message that was left, that he ought to be distancing himself from. Unless, of course, he believes all that backwards nonsense, spewed most by those whose mother and father share parents as well as offspring.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why do the White Supremacist groups like Trump so much?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, because in this country you have the freedom to follow whoever you want for any public office. That is the wonder of the United States of America. Whatever your values you are free to say what you feel, protest what you feel is unjust and there is no repercussions.

We could ask why the New Black Panther Party loved Obama so much too. I mean, they even got a pass from the DOJ, but that is for another thread. I just wanted to make sure you see that people and groups can choose who they want. Does that mean that Obama hates crackers? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why does ISIS like the Democrats so much?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I guess we interpret it differently. I looked at it as not that he did not want the money or help but he did not like how they were twisting his message on Muslims and immigration. It does him no good. If anything, it was probably hindering his campaign.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is that Trump's policies have gotten the support of a white supremacist group, not whether Trump openly endorses that group or not.

I wonder what would happen if a black supremacist group supported Obama? I don't think Obama acknowledging them would be the issue in the eyes of Trump supporters, only the fact that his policies were endorsed by such a group.

But such is the way of politics, harboring cognitive dissonance in its participants.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why does ISIS like the Democrats so much?

They don't... That is unless you can find some press releases saying otherwise outside of partisan hack job websites.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I could also ask you why does the KKK like the Democrats so much but I will give you an answer.

Because they were created by the Democratic Party. but you knew that right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join