It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone out there know much about Childrens Mental Health problems?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Hello anxiouswens! I'm so sorry to read about all this!

No wonder your poor son is reacting...look at what has happened in a short period of time:
- witness horrific attack
- did not receive any counselling (police did not return as promised)
- his dad has paranoid schizophrenia
- his grandmother has dementia
- he knows that you are stressed
- he is seeing violence on the news at school
- there has been some bullying recently his best friend has left and a group are excluding him

That's enough to stress anybody out, and he's only 8!!

I would suggest going through your family doctor to see if counselling is available. Of course he needs to talk about all this! His world isn't safe and secure anymore, and he's very young to have to deal with that reality.

Do you have an 'young adult male' friends or relatives that could spend some time with him (mentor role?)...maybe a weekly event, something he can look forward to and unload his mind...?

I wish you all the best! *mom-to-mom hug*
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He goes to cubs and after school art and sports but he loves drama and singing so I have been trying to talk him into that line as it is confidence building.

He has tonight said he doesnt want to see his dad for a while. Ive done everything to keep that relationship going but maybe it is bettet for a while that he doesnt.

School have said I need to think of getting respite for my mum which I will find emotionally difficult but David has to come first just not a nice choice to make.

I had him when I was 40 so unfortunately my friends children are grown up and my friends back at work full time otherwise he would have had their children.

I have been speaking to one of my oldest friends who couldnt have children but is mother earth maybe with a view to her and her husband being surrogate grandparents. I think he needs that sort of relationship. He is also close to his cousins who are all grown up its just they live in London. I will have to try and get down there more.

Thanks for your mum hug a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I know what it's like to have no support, and I've seen that having support can make such a difference in your life.

I think you should opt for the help with your mum...and I say this as someone who (for 6 years now) has been a daily caregiver to my mother-in-law (89, Portuguese, dementia/Alzeimers): Get the help for mum, and spend YOUR extra time with your son. Your mum probably doesn't remember all the time you spend with her, or all that you do. Your son, on the other hand...needs your love/support/time NOW...right now!
Please don't feel guilty...there is only one of you, and you are outnumbered.

(London England? or London Canada?)
jacy

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: onequestion

"The mental health community has no idea what your doing prepare yourself for a lot of bs.

I'm bi polar ADHD and have a tbi trust me I know. "

says the self-acclaimed bi-polar/adhd person

Oh you have no idea.

I can forgive you because obviously your totally ignorant.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Apart from all the wonderful advice from jacygirl, suggest you think about enrolling your child in a kung-fu or karate class so he can feel he is in a better position to protect you from violence when he gets older. I would also look if there are any yoga classes for children and parents in your area, generally when the body is relaxed, the mind follows suit.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please don't think I am being snarky, but you should start with finding someone you trust that can help you.

It is near impossible for you to adequately manage everything you have on your plate, and try to help your son, your husband, and your mother, handle their problems. You need a professional that can provide you with the knowledge, support, and treatment that you, and your family needs.

While medications may have their place for some people, for some conditions, other conditions are better handled without medications, and their inevitable side effects.

Do not try to manage this alone. ATS is a good sounding board but is a poor substitute for the help you need.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hey glend!

Thank you, and such good advice!

Karate/kung-fu and yoga...both such good ways to rid the body of stress! And make a 'gentle warrior' in the process. Really good for building self-esteem, and making new friends.

jacy

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes I think Kung Fu or Karate would be good for hiim and yoga would be great for me and David.

Thanks for your input. I wouldnt take advice professionally on the internet but sometimes its just good to talk to another adult as I am a bit isolated.a reply to: glend

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey Jacygirl, your Khaleesi avatar is looking as beautiful as ever. I applaud your wonderful advice, glen

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes most definitely. Many others have faced similar concerns as yourself so internet is a good platform for networking. So don't take aboard any negativity from your thread, you just don't need it. Perhaps your son seeing you get stronger might have more of an impact on him than anything else. I have never done Yoga but always hear wonderful results from it. As the 91yo in following picture attests. Hugs.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would find a priest & get an EXORCISM. He got a possession from DAD. GOOD LUCK the mental health
community will drug him & feed his entity.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: katbluballou

That's your advice for child care? You must be joking.
I'm in the mental health community, can't say I've ever 'fed an entity' whatever that's supposed to mean.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My child wont be needing any exorcisms thank you very much. His head teacher said he is one of the loveliest, kindest, caring children with bags of character. As for a possession from his dad that makes his dad sound evil, which he isnt, just ill at times.

I wouldnt put my child on medication eithet bevause as a trained counsellor I know talking is the best medicine.

My child has a heart condition and I even refused the drugs for that!a reply to: katbluballou

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am honestly not trying to be rude, but....What The Hell Are You Doing HERE??
I have 3 kids and if something was wrong, I would not be seeking help and/or advice on an internet forum, with a bunch of strangers. I don't care if some of them claim to know about mental health problems, you need professional help. Get off the internet and talk to his doctor and Get. Him. Help.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: katbluballou

I really, truly, hope you don't have kids.
Ever.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

First off a conspiracy site that is already full of delusional people is probably not the best place to gather advice on mental health issues......in saying that the mental health profession are likely to send you through the ringer as well,unless you are lucky enough to be hooked up with an individual that has experience in exactly what you sons needs are....

My advice would be show him love and lots of it,he is clearly scared and you need to find a way to break the cycle of fear and from what you are saying he witnessed it will be challenging...

My son when he was 3 ended up in foster care because he mother was abusing him,it took me about a year to get him out of the system and when he came to me he was angry,scared and stressed,in fact i didnt think i would be able to turn him around...

Luckily for me he is a resilient young lad,he is about to turn 6 and there is absolutely no sign of trauma now thank god ...

It took literally 18 months of strong consistent parenting,and it was hard work,i had the time and will to do what was needed and like i said i was lucky,the boy was still young enough to recover from the hell he had been through and he he also has a strong character .....

I hope you can help your boy ...good luck

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I really do think that your boy could benefit from some counseling from a licensed mental health professional. If you are worried about medicating him unnecessarily, go see a child psychologist not a psychiatrist. The fact that his father is schizophrenic does raise his chances of developing it (somewhere around an additional 15% compared to those who don't have a parent with schizophrenia), but developing symptoms prior to adolescence is very, very rare.

Chances are he is just going through a really tough time emotionally right now and understandably so. There is nothing wrong with getting some help, but go with your gut and make sure it is the right kind of help. Getting some reassurance or even just a direction from someone knowledgeable may help your stress levels too.

I don't know anything about your life, but the only advice I can give is to be willing to utilize relationships in your social and family circle for support right now. Don't be afraid to ask for help or just a shoulder to cry on. This is so critical in times like this and so many of us want to pretend like everything is fine to the outside world when it's not.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

First seek professional help. Second, is your child being bullied or ostracized?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just want you to know that I care and that I will be watching this thread closely. It is wise that you have decided to keep your child away from his Dad for a while. It would be extremely helpful to get your Mom help so that you aren't so overwhelmed by everything you have to deal with. Both you and your son should try to get some counseling and take it from there. Focus on your child and visit Mom when you can and also take care of yourself.

You have had the trauma of the incident at the park, your Mom and Husband are ill and your child is suffering trauma as well. I know you love your family and I'm sure they all love you as well. Remember, you are only one person and can only do so much.

Don't listen to the people who come in here blaming you for coming here for advice. This isn't just a conspiracy forum, but a community of people who genuinely care and will share their compassion and love when someone needs it. You need emotional support and we can be here for you.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You have answered all I was asking for really. School have already referred him to counselling yesterday and I am going to the doctors on Monday when they open. I just needed reassuramce that this wasnt the start of something like schizophrenia as it is always a worry when one parent has it. Thanks for the reassurance it was all I needed everything else I can deal with.

Since his meltdown at school yesterday lunch he has bern his normal happy self happily playing with friends and doing activities with me. We will get through this I think a lot of it stems from scgool. Best friend left September and as there is too. Many in class he has been put with children this year who doesnt know very wrll and feels very insecure.a reply to: redhorse

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join