It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it life changing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure where to start so if this all sounds scrambled, sorry.

My question is...Has anyone practiced lucid dreaming, or astral projection, and seen life changing or life altering changes? Maybe being more connected with one self, or more open minded? Or possibly you were battling something in real life, and you happened to overcome that battle, weather it was fear over something, depression, anxiety, the lost of a loved one. Were you able to over come them?

Back in November I started to learn more about lucid dreaming and astral projection, since I felt like my life was breaking apart again. I wanted access to my subconscious, so I could figure out how to over come the problems I have in my everyday life. These problems have been constant in my life for over a year now, and I'm not wanting 2016 to be the same year as 2015. What a waste of a year this will be if it's anything like last year...

ANYWAYS, I did happen to have a few lucid dreams, but they were short and they had no meaning to me, but were were interesting to be in. I've had a few false awakings, which I find to be very interesting. I'm still trying to meditate at night, and sometimes during the day so I can learn how to have a quiet, calm, relaxed brain state. My brain mostly thinks about the past, and it sometimes feels like there's cross talking going on. It can't make up its "mind".

I plan on sticking with this, and not giving up on practicing lucid dreaming / astral projection. I'm a big believer in the term that everything happens for a reason. I'm just hoping whatever life holds in store for me, that it comes soon. I'll keep being patient.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CobyKEF

I lucid dream every other night. Unfortunately, it's never changed my life.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

My brain mostly thinks about the past, and it sometimes feels like there's cross talking going on. It can't make up its "mind".

Gently return to the moment, Stay in the room. The real you observes this "cross talk" without being pulled along. Practice that during meditation. I learn lots of stuff in dreams. Mostly about my self, my character defects, the entrenched, deep basement, etched in stone ones are the worst.

Trying to observe that, too, to let it surface to let it go, eventually, I hope.

Sounds like you're doing fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I have had many lucid dreams, but they usually just happen; except one time, which I'm as sure as I can be was an astral projection. I was trying a new meditation for connecting with the higher self. I fell asleep and scampered all around the neighborhood. A couple things happened during this "trip" that I had no way of knowing at the time, but later learned to be true.

It changed my life by validating to me that there is more to me -- and more to everyone and far more to the world -- than what our simple five senses can consciously process and understand. (At least most of us!) It confirmed my faith in a higher power/intelligence -- however one wants to call it. I still have more questions than answers, but it was a profound experience. This happened over 20 years ago, and I still feel the same sense of awe and wonder when I think of it.

Good luck and brightest blessings in your journey. I hope you find your answers

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've been meditating for a few years now and a had few moments of what I can only describe as ecstasy or euphoria. I can count the amount of times it's happened on one hand. They have been experiences worth having, but life changing? "Life affirming" would be a better description.

I'm always skeptical though as my brain has been through a lot of trauma over 13 years so maybe there's some explanation there.
edit on 15-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Life affirming. I like that...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you! I had somewhat of the same experience that you had with the astral projection. I happened to try a new kind of mediation one night, and it seemed to worked. Definitely a eye opener when you realize what you just went though.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

"Life affirming." That's a beautiful way to express it. That very much describes some of my experiences too. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hmmm... maybe there's something stimulating about new meditations? Maybe kinda like a new exercise stretching and/or activating a different muscle?

It is definitely an awakening of sorts. Very hard to find words to fully express the feelings and emotions, but it has such a profound impact on the spirit. I may not understand all the whys and wherefores, much less the full meaning of the events, but I always feel very blessed to have the experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Clear the chakras in meditation, then sit in silence and all the negative thoughts should come forth, let them flow and heal them. When in the stillness of your own mind all the subconscious thoughts and memorys come forth.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I went through a period of a few years which I would describe as a "spiritual awakening" or transition of some sort,
in which lucid dreaming began to happen spontaneously.
It was a time of huge and deep changes for me.

I find lucid dreaming does start to happen at times of internal change.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Good to know. That's pretty much what my life is doing right now, "huge and deep changes".

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Have tried astral projection a few times but I get to a point where I feel like I'm being pulled away from myself, freak out and bring myself back. How do you get around it?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

That's a natural feeling. I haven't found a way around that personally, you just have to remind yourself that it's just your mind playing tricks on you. The vibration stages are neat though. I usually try to think of absolutely nothing, but sometimes the vibrations get to be to much and i'll just wake up. If anything, just try to focus on something else when the vibrations come. Like visuals or your breathing. If you feel like your falling into something, I have no tips on that yet. That's the hardest part for me, is the falling. I tend to feel as if i'm falling into a void. Which I believe is also natural, I just can't figure out how to stay calm during that.

top topics

join