It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz’s ‘Natural-Born Citizen’ Status Tested in Birther Suit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen

This is a waste of time

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I've noticed the media seems to be ok with these charges and I've yet to hear anyone call it racist. Who could ever guess why such a contradiction is so?

Why would it be racist? Ted Cruz is a white guy.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Not one eligibility lawsuit brought against any major political candidate by a citizen has resulted in a hearing -- much less a ruling -- according to the evidence and merits of the case.

Except for Ankeny v. Daniels...

A hearing was held, and on March 16, 2009, the Governor's motion to dismiss was granted. The Plaintiffs appealed the ruling to the Indiana Court of Appeals, which upheld it on November 12, 2009.[106] The appellate decision addressed the question of whether Obama's eligibility was affected by his father's lack of U.S. citizenship, saying that "ased upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are 'natural born Citizens' for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."[107

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I stand corrected, and I thank you for that.

But now I have even more reading to do... so thanks alot!

(Wink
)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just another example of the double standard and hypocrisy of many including Trump who was a birther and thought Obama couldn’t be president because he wasn’t born in America but Kenya.

This is why Cruz was never a birther

ALL the birthers should be against Cruz being able to run for president.

Because if Cruz is able to run then there was never even a doubt Obama was a citizen since wherever he was born his mother was a citizen.

I really think Cruz may have a problem

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I stand corrected, and I thank you for that.

But now I have even more reading to do... so thanks alot!(Wink
)

Have a look at tesibria.typepad.com...

200+ failed birther court caases!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

I've noticed the media seems to be ok with these charges and I've yet to hear anyone call it racist. Who could ever guess why such a contradiction is so?

wait what?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Now you're just piling on!!!

But thank you -- I'll take a look at it. I do want to see the court's reasoning behind their dismissal.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
This is the sort of thing that the justice part of the government would have to answer. They would have to figure out would he or not be a natural born or a naturalized citizen. There are laws that would support both aspects to that.

More and more legal experts and constitutional experts, are coming out and stating that he very well may not be eligible to be president, as he was neither born on what is considered to be US soil, territory or even a military base.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Now you're just piling on!!!

But thank you -- I'll take a look at it. I do want to see the court's reasoning behind their dismissal.

"we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are 'natural born Citizens' for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

Obama was born in Hawaii, which is within the borders of the USA....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Pretty clear cut -- thank you!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Keep in mind none of the presidents at the time of the founders could have been president if you had to be born here in the US....(including the subsequent presidents there after)

Hold on a sec - what?

The pilgrims and colonies had been here over 100 years. There were certainly people "born here". My ancestors are several of them. Whether or not it was called "a country" yet, is immaterial.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz
What if his mother was a citizen of Canada at the time of his birth, working for a company with american ties and paid no US taxes at that time frame would it make a difference?

She was registered to vote in Canada, and according to Canadian laws, one must be a citizen of Canada to vote in a Canadian election.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I really think Cruz may have a problem

So do I.
And, I know for sure he would prove to be a problem if he got elected.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
According to Ted Cruz, Supporters and others,

One only needs one American Citizen parent and can be born anywhere to be considered "Natural Born" for Article 2, Section 1 compliance.

Is the above a correct summary?

Therefore, founders intended this,

An Ayatollah sires a baby with an American. The baby and parent move to US when baby becomes 20 years of age. Ayatollah Jr. is determined eligible for Presidency at age 35.

Seriously, I do not think in any way shape or form that was founders intent. No way I can ever believe that no matter precedent used to obfuscate the original intent.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The more I think about this the more it dawned on me that the Republicans do not want this case nor would Ted Cruz. This would be a total nightmare for the Republican party and the Tea party, if you think about it, and here is why:

If this case proceeds, and the courts are asked to determine, once and for all who is and is not a natural born citizen, it will make their arguments about immigration on the wrong side of the law, and ultimately back fire against them. The courts could rule in ways that they are not prepared for and ultimately would set a legal precedent that could hamper and change immigration policy and those of refugees for years to come.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: galaga

wait what?

Well? he is.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Rafael passes the melanin swatch test.

Teddy for Prime Minister! Oops, I mean President!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think that we're all ignoring something. I would say that Cruz - smirking right-wing lunatic that he is - is indeed a natural-born citizen. There's just one small detail that needs to be checked. According to the Canadian voter rolls his mother was eligible to vote in Canada in 1974. That means that she had sworn allegiance to the Queen and had become Canadian. The question is, when? Cruz was born in 1970. If she became Canadian before he was born that negates the natural born citizen issue entirely and makes him instantly ineligible to run for President.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The pilgrims and colonies had been here over 100 years. There were certainly people "born here". My ancestors are several of them. Whether or not it was called "a country" yet, is immaterial.

Umm if it wasnt established it wouldnt have been immaterial, because it would have still be considered a British Colony

The point is this whole argument about what the founding fathers meant is moot.....Many of the subsequent presidents were not BORN here in the US.

Cruz is eligible and this whole drummed up nonsense is more populace manipulation , just watch as the sheep as they brey on and on, just like the ignorant did with Obama.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join