It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz’s ‘Natural-Born Citizen’ Status Tested in Birther Suit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
For the record, I don't even LIKE Ted Cruz and I know this whole thing is a waste of time.

I'd rather have Trump as our president than Ted Cruz... But I'm not going to use some lame Birther II argument to make him seem ineligible.

Here's the dumbest part about the whole argument. Donald Trump SPECIFICALLY said that his citizenship wasn't in question (when Cruz wasn't a threat to Trump's polling numbers). NOW that things are different in the polls, suddenly its an issue.

I can't believe people are even entertaining this idea... I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Xeven
Well the founders certainly wanted to segregate by use of term "natural" so we do need to decide what they mean.

Keep in mind none of the presidents at the time of the founders could have been president if you had to be born here in the US....(including the subsequent presidents there after)

That probably held some weight when they drew this whole thing up.

It did, hence the grandfather clause bolded below:

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Cruz’s ‘Natural-Born Citizen’ Status Tested in Birther Suit

It seems like a common sense thing to do because there is a worthy bit of doubt to his eligibility.
Glad to see this begin... last thing we need is a president that millions elected only to be ripped away by a court of nine.

On a sidenote... I wish someone would take that terminological misfit word, 'birther' and toss it out into the chicken pen...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

On a sidenote... I wish someone would take that terminological misfit word, 'birther' and toss it out into the chicken pen...

Me, too. If you can't say 'OSer' or 'Truther' on ATS, then 'birther' needs to go, too.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Xeven
Well the founders certainly wanted to segregate by use of term "natural" so we do need to decide what they mean.

Keep in mind none of the presidents at the time of the founders could have been president if you had to be born here in the US....(including the subsequent presidents there after)

That probably held some weight when they drew this whole thing up.

It did, hence the grandfather clause bolded below:

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

Yes yes and you were on another thread promoting Cruz as being ineligible

And just like in that thread you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I am pretty certain the fact that this question exists without an answer from the courts is evidence that no one can be certain who is right or wrong, at this point.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

For the record, I don't even LIKE Ted Cruz and I know this whole thing is a waste of time.

I'd rather have Trump as our president than Ted Cruz... But I'm not going to use some lame Birther II argument to make him seem ineligible.

Here's the dumbest part about the whole argument. Donald Trump SPECIFICALLY said that his citizenship wasn't in question (when Cruz wasn't a threat to Trump's polling numbers). NOW that things are different in the polls, suddenly its an issue.

I can't believe people are even entertaining this idea... I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...

yet for some reason THATS not a topic and the eligability is.........its crazy town...

not only that because of this, and Trumps unquestioning throng of Trump Zombies, they have jumped on board the band wagon, and its facilitated the lefts ire as well.....

The whole damn thing is making idiots of both sides.....

Although im not surprised, Trump led a crusade against Obama investigating his birth status......

Once again the lowest common denominator in voters on both sides has been targeted, and both have answered the clarion call for rampant stupidity......

Again you and I seldom agree, and a lot of time rabidly, if the two of us can see this for what it is, what the hell is the matter with the people who cant lol

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I am pretty certain the fact that this question exists without an answer from the courts is evidence that no one can be certain who is right or wrong, at this point.

There have been several answers, and the majority pretty straight forward

The fact that you dont LIKE the answers or they dont fit your agenda have no consequence....

you can make up your own opinion but you cant make up your own facts

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Actually. Things may be starting to look up. I just found this on Huff Po.
Republican Debate Audience Repeatedly Boos Donald Trump

Ted Cruz finally took it to Donald Trump, and the crowd ate it up.

As the two leading contenders for the GOP nomination battled over the issue of Cruz's eligibility for the presidency, the Republican debate audience repeatedly joined in on the action -- jeering Trump while cheering on the Texas senator as he defended his ability to run for the White House.

At one point in the bizarre exchange, Trump attempted to launch into a familiar refrain and tout the latest polls showing him atop the crowded field. But the audience wasn't having it, making the real estate mogul pause after a sustained round of boos went up in the chamber.

Asked why he was questioning Cruz's U.S. citizenship at this point in the race, Trump flatly admitted that it was because of the growing threat Cruz now poses to the businessman's presidential prospects.

"Because now he’s doing a little bit better. I didn’t care before," Trump said, as the crowd made its feelings heard once more.

I especially liked the bolded part.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Once again the lowest common denominator in voters on both sides has been targeted, and both have answered the clarion call for rampant stupidity......

I don't think it's fair to call it stupidity.

The requirement is included the U.S. Constitution for a reason, we have SCOTUS available to resolve the issue because they are actually vested with the power to simply resolve legal questions of great public interest, it seems stupid to me to let the question stew.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There have been several answers, and the majority pretty straight forward

The fact that you dont LIKE the answers or they dont fit your agenda have no consequence....

you can make up your own opinion but you cant make up your own facts

I freely admit I have my opinion. But the facts are not clear...hence the debate.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Me, too. If you can't say 'OSer' or 'Truther' on ATS, then 'birther' needs to go, too.

If one requires words like that then... it's all pointless anyway

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This question was asked back in March of last year and no one had a problem with it then.

Lawyers say Canadian-born Cruz eligible to run for president

This question isn't stewing. It just wasn't an issue until Trump felt he needed to make it an issue because Cruz is starting to be a danger to Trump in the polls. I mean, Donald has specifically admitted to doing this too. It's not like I'm inferring Trump's intentions here. He admitted to this happily during the debate.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I find it hilarious, just as I did with the Obama issue, that a nation which, without even the merest hint of intended insult, is a hybrid nation, mixing since its birth the various ethnicities of dozens of nations, ideals from all over the western world, and built by labour from all over the world, even as far afield as the Far East, has never been able to EMBRACE its diversity, to the same degree that it trumpets it.

And by hilarious, what I mean is damned unfortunate.

Get real! Cruz could have been born on the damned MOON and still be American as apple pie. Terrible candidate with some outmoded ideas about science and technology, and a man who has no business helping to decide the future of NASA funding, but absolutely American! Christ forbid he ever gets elected to the office of president, but of course the man is eligible. Good GRIEF!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I suppose I'd like to hear from SCOTUS on the issue, not lawyers.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
The entire issue will resolve around Cruz's mother and the following points:

1) Was she a citizen of Canada at the time of his birth? According to the records, she was eligible to vote at that time frame.

2) While living in Canada for 8 years, did she visit the USA?

3) While working in Canada, did she pay her taxes to the USA based on her earnings while there?

Those three questions will be a determining factor to determine if he is a natural born or a naturalized citizen of the United States of America. It could very well be that he may not be eligible to be president of the United States, as he would be more of Canada. And the more interesting thing is that it was less than a year that he gave up his citizenship to Canada.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well the Donald seemed ok with just relying on random attorneys back in September.

Donald Trump Has Now Flip-Flopped Twice on Ted Cruz’s Eligibility

“Do you still think he’s ineligible to be president because he was born in Canada?” ABC’s Jon Karl asked in September.

“No, from what I understand everything is fine,” Trump said. “I hear it was checked out by every attorney and every which way and I understand Ted is in fine shape.”

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well the Donald seemed ok with just relying on random attorneys back in September.

Donald Trump Has Now Flip-Flopped Twice on Ted Cruz’s Eligibility

“Do you still think he’s ineligible to be president because he was born in Canada?” ABC’s Jon Karl asked in September.

“No, from what I understand everything is fine,” Trump said. “I hear it was checked out by every attorney and every which way and I understand Ted is in fine shape.”

I don't give a flying fig about Trump's opinion on any subject. He's an idiot.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenI do not see Cruz's birthright as a problem. Americans born overseas to American parents are still natural born citizens. The same will apply to Cruz.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You apparently do because you are echoing his opinion now by saying that Cruz's eligibility for President should be brought into question. Up until a few days ago, no one gave a squat about Cruz's eligibility because we had all looked it over and determined there was nothing there. Then Trump opened his big, dumb mouth and all of a sudden NOW it is a question that is stewing.

This was all researched last year in March:
Ted Cruz’s Presidential Eligibility

Here's some cases in the past:

This is not the first time that a Republican presidential candidate faced such questions. As we have written before, John McCain, who was the Republican nominee in 2008, was born to U.S. citizens in the Panama Canal Zone, and Barry Goldwater, who was the party’s nominee in 1964, was born to U.S. citizens in Arizona before it was a state. George Romney, who was born to U.S. citizens in Mexico, ran for president in 1968, but did not win the nomination.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join