It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas To Shun Refugees From Every Country In The World - repost

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Haha appreciated, I'd just volunteer to labour on Trumps wall for Mexico, and accidentally be on the wrong side upon completion.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
originally posted by: theantediluvian

There are risks to everything but we cannot be controlled by fear or we'll find ourselves living in a society not worth preserving.

EXACTLY! This should obviously be a step too far in the wrong direction.

This is America. We are the world's melting pot. We've built this nation up by accepting the rejects the rest of the world doesn't want. Rejecting refugees in totality stands against what we are and what we mean as a country.

Ok so to repeat...I mentioned I took this from the left...believe Biden said it when talking about guns...if it just saves one life.

I said that knowing how stupid it sounds and you guys are biting so hard on it..pretty funny really

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I don't know what you are talking about... Like I'm literally confused as to what you are talking about that you said.

Also, I'm not trying to create a partisan debate here either so referencing what the left or right has done is irrelevant. I'm talking about Gov Brownback and the state of kansas here, not democrats or republicans. Besides your words there aren't making sense. Are you admitting to trolling us? Because that is against the T&C.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Cowards. Leaving Angela Merkel alone and then accusing her for causing the dilemma. You are the cause and you are the cause again. When I see children fed just with water and a little bit of salt in it, I know you are the cause.

If I wonder, why young people explode themselves just to kill a few of us, I know this is because of your ignorance.
Decadence on it's hight.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But it's ALL refugees from ALL countries. Are you saying that all refugees are bad people? America has always been known as a melting pot and a country willing to take in the world's rejects. It's amazing how we can rationalize exceptions to that... But even then, the actions of Brownback here apply to Christian refugees fleeing Africa as well.

If it's bad and wrong to try to pick and choose which refugees are the security risk, which would be the sane course, we just have to do what the TSA does and not profile. Therefore, all refugees are security risks and potential terror threats and we have to treat them all like that so as not to hurt the feelings of the ones who are.

Thank you, PC.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You could try not be terrified of people from other countries for a change...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You know what? States have the right to decide what they wish to do. That is the basis of our country.

Now, if there are Federal ramifications from these actions, then...so be it.

But, this is perfectly within the rights of any one of the states to make such a decision.

Whether you or I or the Fed agrees. And with all actions, there are consequences.

I am not agreeing with them, nor disagreeing with them. I am merely pointing out how our country works.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you aware what you say?
Go to Auschwitz and re-animate the death structure and machinery there.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

No, actually it isn't within States' rights to determine who can come into their State. That is specifically outlined and delegated to the Federal Government in the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A multitude of excuses for failure with no solutions.

link   
a reply to: Siddharta

Right...

Sorry you hate America...and probably white people too.actually no I'm not sorry. Because I didn't do anything lol

Didn't realize I created this crisis.didn't know I am responsible for these peoples plight. Guess I should end my life now because I'm an evil person since I want to protect my life, family, country and will not bow down to political correctness.

Sounds like you have lot of hate in you. Wish you didn't

link   

Good lets get this country fixed first before we try to help everyone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Then they're going about it the wrong way.

What they can do, is look to change their own laws.

Whether it is currently legal or not....the original intent of the formation of the United States was to allow the states room for autonomy.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
From the OP:

The bans are probably unenforceable, as states have no power to make immigration law, and people with refugee status are legal U.S. residents, and so cannot be prohibited from moving from one state to another.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Haha where the hell did you get him 'hating America, and Whites' from?! Sounds like you have a lot of fear of some human beings from elsewhere.

Each to their own, I guess.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sorry I'm on a phone and its hard to keep up...

You made my point earlier that if it just saves one life we shouldn't take them...and of course there are risks as there is to everything. It's a ridiculous statement I modified from Joe biden

So if there are risks to our nation,the government has a duty to perfect Americans first.

Plain and simple.

Brownback sounds like a douche though.

Plus we don't need PP in my opinion.

Hope this clears up things

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

He blamed me..I'm a white American male.

Ridiculous reply is needed for a ridiculous statement

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Sorry I'm on a phone and its hard to keep up...

You made my point earlier that if it just saves one life we shouldn't take them...and of course there are risks as there is to everything. It's a ridiculous statement I modified from Joe biden

I never said that. This is what I said:

Because they are scared for their lives and have nowhere else to go. It's the American thing to do. It shows we aren't going to fear the total because of the few. It shows we aren't scared of our own shadows.

So if there are risks to our nation,the government has a duty to perfect Americans first.

Plain and simple.

Brownback sounds like a douche though.

Plus we don't need PP in my opinion.

Hope this clears up things

A little...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why is it that I get the succinct impression you're more worried about the moral "right vs wrong" than anything else?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm worried about American politicians disregarding centuries old American tradition of accepting anyone from anywhere all for the sake of "safety".
edit on 15-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join