It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids say the Darnedest things, What New Hampshire Teens Thinks Of Da Donald:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
When I'm wondering who I should turn to for political analysis, I usually seek the counsel of little people that eat boogers.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This thread should be in the Mud-Pit.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe it is location. I see a lot of ill equipped youth.

Spectrum wise we all know the majority of the users here are left leaning. It doesn't really matter what is said .. You are always right. Them pesky Right wingers!

I am just an observer.

These kids can say what they feel.. but in politics we are often fed wishful thoughts by the same people we have seen for years...err decades. Good intent does not solve problems, Action and experience does.

Trump may not have the best approach but it resonates with a good portion of people. I would put my chips on someone who has demonstrated they can lead and inspire. Which we have not seen in a long time.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

You are reflecting on how you felt before you were a parent (it changes your life forever), and taking it upon yourself to judge the "kids" (as you call them) as beneath you.

I am able (via experience as a kid, as a new parent, and as a parent of adults) to reflect back further. I also know my stuff about brain development. But, you go ahead, and laugh at it -- that's what kids do.....dismiss their elders. I am able also to provide you with assistance (via an education on top of real-life experience), and some footing for your next 20 years. Buckle up.....

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The land of poison and fire. That should be a good enough descriptor for you to work it out. Failing that, I have mentioned multiple times what continent I hail from.

@Leo

Kids...
The same kids that listen to garbage music..Have no jobs... Coddled by their parents.. and most of all..
...watch TV.

I listen to all music bar rap and death metal. Are you saying that all music is garbage?
I do, indeed, have no job. That is due to several factors, one of which is location. I am simply too far away from a major place of employment for it to be worth my time.
Coddled? I didn't have the parents to coddle me. Supposedly my father was a bit overprotective, I do not remember.
I have not watched TV in six years.
Yet by and large, I agree what these people are saying.
edit on 16/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

So what who cares how could a bunch of teenagers have any clue what's going on in the world?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Teenagers of today are fortunate enough to have the access of their world at their fingertips. The Internet is almost an appendage of their knowledge growth. Instant access to any question that strikes their curiousity. Certainly, their reasoning will not be fully mature until about 26 years of age, but the ability to absorb new info/data is extraordinary!

I have 3 children in their 20s and I may not always agree with them, but respect and acknowledge their formed opinions...especially when they tell me how they arrived at it.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well....

I assuredly will ask the average idiot teenager who I should vote for now. Thank you for showing me the light.

I routinely ask my eight year old what she thinks of geo-political issues.

Wait, she's not as smart, experienced, or as critically thinking as your average teenager on the street.

Again, you've shown me the error of my ways.

Many, MANY thanks!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

But, you forgot...

You need to seek out the opinion of unknown teens...on the street.

Guaranteed to get more of a "snowflake" answer than from your own children...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You guys! Buzzy has all the answers didn't you know? Look at all of them ATS points and flags!

Jokes aside, the only reason she takes advice from *these kids are because they say "F Trump" Like mommy and daddy told them to.
edit on 16-1-2016 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I don't care what teenagers think.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Woke up a bit grumpy today? lol, oh the trolling for nasty replies... it's just so obvious...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

But, you forgot...

You need to seek out the opinion of unknown teens...on the street.

Guaranteed to get more of a "snowflake" answer than from your own children...

I actually have a family member who is dean of a very large high school. Her knowledge and input regarding teenagers is invaluable. Though as 'snowflakes' are individualistic structures physically, so are my children and the kids in America. So, I will take that as a complement.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I was referring to the average teenager out there.

Not your children. Given your open mindedness and obvious advanced critical thinking skills (that is sincere, not meant to be sarcastic), I could only imagine your children will be a step ahead of the knuckle dragging melon heads most common today.

I strive, as I'm sure you do...to help my children navigate the morass that is today's societal thinking or lack thereof.

edit on 16-1-2016 by nullafides because: SQUIRREL!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Woke up a bit grumpy today? lol, oh the trolling for nasty replies... it's just so obvious...

Not at all.

I am just sick and tired of the sacred cows that PC creates...and those it dictates are not quite so sacred.

Racism is racism.

And it reflects rather poorly on the capacity for critical thinking of the individual in question.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Not at all.

I am just sick and tired of the sacred cows that PC creates...and those it dictates are not quite so sacred.

So what does this thread have to do with "PC" ? Did you watch the video?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I agree!

My sons mother and I do not allow our son to watch TV or listen to the radio, for she and I have not watched TV since 9/11 .. 2001.

We do however expose him to material that we think is best suited for him. He is young, but very smart for his age.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

It has a lot to do with PC. Trumps signature policy is Immigration. We all know what kneejerk reactions there are.

Instead of people using critical thought .. they default to PC. Fake amerikans are soft and quite wimpy.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

As I pointed out earlier, most teens are not the knuckle heads that they are made out to be. They reasoning capabilities may not be fully developed, but they know more about our world then we did at their age. Sure, you may find a few melon heads, but the majority are not. That stereo-typing is simply proproganda.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

It has nothing to do with PC! Lol, nonsensical tangents... wow this is funny to witness, but I gotta get to work thanks for the lulz!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join