It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Human Evolution Under Threat By Big Pharma, GMO, Vaccines

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you saying evolution is always beneficial?

Our bodies have evolved over millennia to be an omnivore, so all traditional food sources that are found in nature, could be considered as a rule of thumb to be ok. But most of modern foods have stuff in them that are not found in nature, or the same goes with food like " sugar and fats combined", these are not found in nature. So never in human history has a thing like a hamburger grown in trees. The fat from the low grade meat, and the carb/sugars from the bun. Or ice cream, dairy fats and sugar . So now we have an addictive food source, where people don't care about the health consequences because it releases dopamine and makes you feel good. Even the governments health boards are in bed with the people that have been pushing this diet. Most people don't care and will eat the crap anyway. Because they do, they will leave the gene pool early this is natural selection at work.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't have time to read the entire thread right now but I can't find any source on this that doesn't go back word for word to the original, dubious link.

While it doesn't trace back to beforeitsnews.com it reads like a poor man's Sorcha Faal.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: misskat1

Evolution cannot be threatened by outside factors. Evolution happens regardless of what factors influence it. .

Really? I always thought evolution was a result of outside factors. Climate is one of the biggest outside factors that effects evolution is it not?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Evolution cannot be threatened by outside factors. Evolution happens regardless of what factors influence it. .

Really? I always thought evolution was a result of outside factors. Climate is one of the biggest outside factors that effects evolution is it not?

What does one consider an outside factor?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Putin: youtu.be... protect Russian producers and especially citizens from substandard products with incomprehensible or an ill-effects of their use in food.. russian legislators (not Putin) offer gmo manufacturers led to damage to health and concealing information that the product contains GMOs equate terrorism ps Unfortunately, these nits youtu.be... law is not adopted, probably tired, all night bags with gmo dragged

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

That's not what I meant when I said outside factors cannot threaten evolution. The evolution that Putin is trying to talk about suggests that evolution is directional. It isn't. Evolution happens regardless of what happens around it. Evolution is a RESPONSE to everything. That response is neither good, bad, positive, negative, or neutral. Just because an adaptation is useful at one point in time doesn't mean that it needs to remain useful forever. This includes things like rational thinking. Rational thinking is CURRENTLY the best adaptation that evolution has produced, but something else completely inconceivable to us could evolve later that would make rational thinking useless. So it is impossible to "threaten evolution". That is just political rhetoric.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Lately there haven't been many topics about Russia and Putin but when one appears it's almost like you feel you have to compensate for your inactivity by spamming your posts all over the first page.

Maybe you should tone it down a bit.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Evolution cannot be threatened by outside factors. Evolution happens regardless of what factors influence it. It also isn't directional. Humans will continue to evolve in whatever direction proves to be the most beneficial for the given traits in our population. Also, considering we haven't seen every possible form of evolution in the universe, it is impossible to predict with any sort of clarity the overall direction evolution will take a species. After all, a mutation we've never seen before could happen and take the species in a new direction entirely.

Right, way to try and derail a topic by turning this into a semantics discussion.

He was clearly talking about a threat to positive evolution of humanity.

And like others have said, evolution is largely due to outside factors.

A mutation will typically only be passed on if the mutation gives an organism a better chance of survival against outside factors.
edit on 18-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

No comment.
edit on 18-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: amicktd

Maybe it's you who's suffering from Dementia?

Aww did I hurt your feelings? Sorry people have different opinions on different topics. It's complete conspiracy and based on opinion. Instead of attacking me, how about you prove me wrong. I'm here for facts, not stars on my posts and for everyone to blindly follow my opinions. Is that how you react in the real world when someone disagrees with you?

Your the problem with ATS

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
No telling what mutations can happen when you mix Big Pharma meds with DNA. Or if the Geneticly modified foods will one day cause mutations in our children's genetics.

Spoken like someone with little or no education in biology.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: misskat1
No telling what mutations can happen when you mix Big Pharma meds with DNA. Or if the Geneticly modified foods will one day cause mutations in our children's genetics.

That's not how genetics works. When you eat an apple, do you give birth to apples?

The biggest danger of gmo is to human beings environment. When gmos find a way into a natural environment they can be envasive plant or animals.

The most probable mutation in actual humans would be in our guts if the bacteria and flora have trouble breaking down food that is modified.

Like crazyshot says our children will mutate regardless of gmos. The danger though is to the environment and food chain rather than genetic changes through eating.

I agree. All food we eat has been genetically modified. The difference is the methods and time scales we are dealing with. The real issues are more due to unknown effects on local ecology than anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

I agree. All food we eat has been genetically modified. The difference is the methods and time scales we are dealing with. The real issues are more due to unknown effects on local ecology than anything.

And in Russia's case, economic. Agriculture is difficult enough in what's left of Russia, and their economy is in a shambles. The government does not want income from agriculture flowing out of the country to multinationals like Monsanto. If a Russian state owned corporation cooked up some GMO turnips you can bet that they would be selling like crazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
well, Putin is not a scientist and probably doesn't have the best intentions for anyone else but himself, considering the words that come out of himself and the actions he makes. I really don't understand the FAITH people give him, he thinks himself a king, almost a god, and people follow him for some reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Why do you associate Putin with these ideologies ?
This would certainly help making sense to your anti-Russian hatred but, this is simply the product of your own paranoia.

Practically, Putin is much more closer of Russian Orthodoxy.

There are lot of Fringe ideologies coming from Russian, one of the funniest imo is New chronology, you don't need to associate Putin with all of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

Putin wants Russia to become world's biggest exporter of Non-GMO food

"We are not only able to feed ourselves taking into account our lands, water resources – Russia is able to become the largest world supplier of healthy, ecologically clean and high-quality food which the Western producers have long lost, especially given the fact that demand for such products in the world market is steadily growing," said Putin, addressing the Russian Parliament.

"Ten years ago, we imported almost half of the food from abroad, and were dependent on imports. Now Russia is among the exporters. Last year, Russian exports of agricultural products amounted to almost $20 billion - a quarter more than the revenue from the sale of arms, or one-third the revenue coming from gas exports," he said.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You cannot really threaten evolution. Anything we do or cause is part of how we shall evolve.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Why do you associate Putin with these ideologies ?

Because Putin has been using them to exploit the Russian Right. The separatists in Donbass carry Dugin's Eurasianist banner.

This would certainly help making sense to your anti-Russian hatred but, this is simply the product of your own paranoia.

Please do not project your hatred and paranoia on to me. I love Russians and their culture; it is Putin's Fascism I detest.

Practically, Putin is much more closer of Russian Orthodoxy.

He poses with the Metropole in Church from time to time. He also poses with tigers, scuba equipment, horses...

There are lot of Fringe ideologies coming from Russian, one of the funniest imo is New chronology, you don't need to associate Putin with all of them.

I agree, the New Chronology is hilarious... but if enough Russians believed it, Putin would find a way to associate himself with it. Sadly, a lack of experience with democratic institutions has left the Russian public confused between legitimacy and mere popularity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join