It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most powerfull supernova ever seen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Check the fresh article about supernova ASASSN-15lh
news.osu.edu...
They say an object just 10 miles across near the center of a galaxy 3.8 billion light-years away produced a ball of hot gas radiating the energy of hundreds of billions of suns. It is believed to be 20 times to 50 times more luminous than the entire Milky Way. Possibly a magnetar but they say a magnetar is not good enoung explanation either.
Now look at the ASASSN project images and tell me how do they suck the numbers out of it.

They really have a vivid imagination, don't they? I call it a ridiculous BS but you can prove me wrong. I say they are playing with numbers to look smart, busy and to get grants.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sorry. It's already been posted twice.

After reading your full post, I have to ask....Do you know anything about science? They're not just "playing with numbers" and I'm not going to take the time to prove you wrong. Educate yourself on the amazing things we've found out there and you'll realize the Universe is more mysterious than we ever imagined.
edit on 15-1-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
If that before pic is a galaxy then that is extraordinary.

I wonder what a black hole going Nova looks like?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

They really have a vivid imagination, don't they?

No , they are from the All Sky Automated Survey for SuperNovae team it's what they do , they are scientists so their knowledge of these things comes from years of research and observation.

I call it a ridiculous BS but you can prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ok ok, so I need to have a faith?
I know what magnetar is. I just don't get a 10 miles wide object out of a picture where a galaxy is a not very bright dot no matter what. Maybe they could provide us more than that. I feel like a medieval rural citizen allowed to hear a latin sentence from the Bible but never allowed to read one myself.

edit: Does the second dot look to you 50x brighter than the first dot?
edit on 15/1/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (must be filled out):

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the second dot is brighter and hotter since the color changed... a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wyonjek

Sure, that's what they do all the time and how they get their fantasy numbers. Tell me what shade of blue am I looking at.
I would expect to see it at least a few times bigger. Where's the longest gamma burst ever and how small would a 10 miles nano-dot of gamma look like in this few pixel galaxy microdot?
Nah, they are feeding us with tales like children and laughing.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Before making a new thread, at least take a look at the front page of this forum.

Been posted before: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Of course I have searched first but maybe using wrong key words. It's done so let it be. It obviously wasn't debunked yet.

Take it as one sceptical among two or three boring.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It is believed to be 20 times to 50 times more luminous than the entire Milky Way.

Well, not from my vantage point. By that definition, it should be lighting up the entire night sky.

A little googling reveals that the brightest supernova occurred in 1006:

SN 1006 was a supernova, widely seen on Earth beginning in the year 1006; the Earth was about 7,200 light-years away from the supernova. It was the brightest apparent magnitude stellar event in recorded history, reaching an estimated −7.5 visual magnitude[3]

Now that one did light up the entire night sky.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

SN 1006 was in our galaxy. You had to miss that this one is said to be 3.8 billion light-years away which is 513.513,5 times farther. Insanely far. That's why this story is such a joke. Yet we still see a lot of believers and blind-faithers.
edit: Lol, I made a grammar mistake in the thread title. Nobody's perfect.
edit on 15/1/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hawking-style SCI-FI case closed. I expect you to silently step back to regroup and try to strike my heretic skepticism later on a better occasion like it never happened. What a shame and lost opportunity.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread

Most-luminous supernova ever has been discovered

new topics

top topics

join