It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Dry Index below 400, is it China, the US or both?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
It's the down turn....one can see the canary in the coal mine ...the GBP/JPY....trading instrument.....has been tanking for a week..

So I would dump all my stock and put money back into safe havens like gold until the correction is over?

Buy agrible land and trust in someone whom knocks on our door, all we have to do is acknowledge Him

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Lol....

I'm down!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

As long as we can still put the latest and greatest of gadgets in people's hand and as long as professionals keep playing sports. More or less, as long as the masses can be entertained and kept away from figuring out how and why they got screwed.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, I never knew what the Baltic Dry Index was. It is lower than it has been in five years.

I still don't know what the Baltic Dry Index actually does, it seems to be just shipping that is going on and not orders. It seems to go down every year after Christmas, rising before Christmas season. Does it mean the shipments have been reduced around twenty five percent in the month?

Its an index that represents the cost of transporting major raw materials by sea. When it drops its a sign that orders are drying up. Its lower than any time in past 40 years, not 5.

I might be over simplifying it, but China's growth has been driven by a huge export market dominated by the insatiable greed of America's middle class. But now that America's middle class has been driven into near extinction. China's export market has dropped significantly.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I give it 10 years maximum before it all comes falling down, probably sooner

Was just looking at FTSE100 Anglo American (mining company) seems to be doing well and spotted this trade

Buy 3809346 262.95p 1363150209431054 Uncrossing Trade 16:35:15 - 14/01

That's a pretty hefty buy order just over £1Billion which instantly rose the share value

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Wow that's a massive transfer of wealth what was that?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

No idea, no word of takeover or investment that I can find

shareprices.com... is kind of fun for watching the recent buy/sell orders on the market

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

No idea, no word of takeover or investment that I can find

shareprices.com... is kind of fun for watching the recent buy/sell orders on the market

Nice thanks for the link!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Simple answer: there's a glut in supply of container ships which have been brought on board recently, and fuel prices are low, thus shipping is less expensive. The Baltic Dry Index is about the cost of shipping, not the volume.

In other words, much ado about nothing. I bet most of the Sky Is Falling websites attempting to dupe people into thinking this is something it isn't have been calling for (and advertising) $5-10,000/oz gold for years now.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Simple answer:

The Hip bone is connected to the. . . Thigh bone.

This snowball will continue to roll down the hill. G-L-O-B-A-L-L-Y

There's NO "safe havens" that united states & its allies can run & hide too.

* * There's STRONG rumors that this cancerous dilemma is spreading to road, rail, pipeline, inland waterways and air cargo. Keep an eye out for "fancily worded" phrases to COVER up this snowballing phenomenon. . . * *

I.E. "slipping" "worrying" "QE" "Incremental" "Concerns" "Tightening" "Worse-Case Scenario" "Lows (lmao)" "adjusted growth" "insert your benign phrases to stem mass panic"

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingIsBack

Can you help provide more information so I can satisfy my mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

As in what my good natured friend?

That the Baltic Dry Index is CRASHING!

OR

On Friday we get the latest sign that trade is grinding to a halt.

"Freight volumes in the United States have fallen year on year for the first time since 2012 and before that the recession of 2009,"

Here's Reuters with the laundry list of concerns:

* Coal shipments to power producers have fallen as a result of cheaper natural gas and stricter environmental regulations.
* Exports of manufactured products and basic commodities are down thanks to a stronger dollar which has made U.S. producers less competitive in global markets.
* Farmers have delayed shipping some grains, especially corn and soy beans, in the hope that prices will recover in future.
* Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers have cut new orders as they struggle to reverse excess inventories built up as a result of over-ordering in 2014 and early 2015.
* Freight shipments related to oil, gas and mining have tumbled as the plunge in commodity prices forces a widespread slowdown in drilling and quarrying.

Have I satisfied your thirst?

# Again, snowball effect - watch for fancily worded phrases during decline
edit on 16-1-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Perfect thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't think the Baltic Dry Goods index will increase Its' volume anytime soon...

the need for raw materials or for newly manufactured products in the EU will be on a generational-free-fall...

Why... well because the demographics of most every G20 nation in the EU is completely collapsed because of the forced waves of immigration of Refugees from Syria/middle-east and north Africa...

non productive 15-30 year old males of Muslim devotion that are hell bent on welfare living, and illegal lifestyles of robbery/aggression/rape

the pepper spray concessions went from selling 5 per week per outlet to selling 500 per week per store in Germany alone

things for self defense, like assorted long rifles, baseball bats, pepper-sprays can be shipped by trucks instead of bulk containers on ships

western European society and degrees of Democratic government is way over thanks to the Left-ist agendas to create the PC zombie paradise

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

How long do you think its going to be before companies cannot restock their inventories?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

When was that trick pulled out?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Honestly, this one is "play-by-ear" things.

However, IF it goes too long, MANY "DEVELOPED" countries will begin to show "symptoms" of this phenomenon.

IMHO, it's gonna create a HUGE snowball effect.

- I've already stepped in the batters box & said:

* Russia's economy would be the 1st to take a hit
* Next, China will come crashing
* Following, will be EU (happening now)
* Last peg leg standing, U.S. will collapse on an EPIC scale. . .

It won't be over-night but over a few years. . .

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
It's the down turn....one can see the canary in the coal mine ...the GBP/JPY....trading instrument.....has been tanking for a week..

So I would dump all my stock and put money back into safe havens like gold until the correction is over?

Its known that gold is incredibly energy intensive to mine. So shouldn't the drop in the price of oil result in surprise earnings for gold miners last quarter! I haven't done the calculations but it wouldn't surprise to see the profit of some gold miners jump by over 200%. Do your own research.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There is no movement, not very little. Empty, anchored ships. The BDI is literally dead in the water.

Don't panic, though. Obama says the economy of our once great nation is thriving and I am "peddling fiction".

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

How far away is that?

It cant be long, you have exactly the same situation that happened in the eighteenth century, history never repeats but it does rhyme. Remember when the Chinese had the monopoly on tea, and it became Britain's National beverage, they would only accept payment in Gold or Silver, when the Brits were bankrupt. They sold cheap Opium in Shanghai, it took hold quite fast as the closed society, enjoyed the rush, until the Communists took over. Unfortunately, back trade and balance seems to be as far as China is concerned, is of no interest because they can and do make everything anyway. The cheap labour has seduced all our venture capitalists, so they have now ended up with all the money, and no body has any left to buy their goods. That's what happens, we saw it from far off, long ago, and now are watching a slow train wreck.
edit on 22-1-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join