It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus = Acceptance/Turn the other cheek, satanism = vengeance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Only returned the ass kick you mentioned. Wasn't meant nastily just wickedly, - how could I, I just love purple things and especially anything that resembles a grinning cat. Are we OK now?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: darkwarrior

I quoted The King James Version, not NLV.

You call people "fools" "unintelligent" and say "lol" to show your unkindness.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Love and Light!

I wish you nothing but Love and Peace despite the names you call me, darkwarrior.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

lol of course...

the question was would Jesus turn the other cheek... and he would, but if I was in the crowd he'd be pissed at me because I would pounce on said person... and I wouldn't be alone...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Something that quite interested me in the thread is satanism = vengeance. It concerns the claim made by ISIS and others that the Yazidi worship him. Actually they don't, roughly they think the creator/god is so important etc and isn't too bothered about us and our attention should be focused on the acts of the devil/Satan. Hence they don't 'exactly worship God' their attention is 'elsewhere'. Now vengeance is chasing them for not towing the official desert religion line and especially the islamic line - so does Saturn = vengeance in a way we might not have thought about?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

vengeance is living in the past...

and Satan is either an angel doing his job, or a myth based around fear

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

- so does Saturn = vengeance in a way we might not have thought about?

In astrology they say that Saturn represents Earth element, dark, cold, and represents karma and can be used for black magic. Some Satanists associate Satan with Saturn. Saturn also represents Capricorn the goat. Then there's the upside-down five pointed star that looks like a goat's head that satanists use.

There is a lot of symbolism regarding satanism, the inverted pentagram which reveals a goat's head, and baphomet (who represents impurity, half dark and
half Light).

They colors of satanism are black and red (again, colors representing Saturn according to astrology).

edit on 15-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Eyup

Slaves? Not like you imagine. They worked to pay off debts and then released or if a bondservant was bought they were to be treated with kindness and paid and released without having to pay for it after a few years.

The bible is against slavery as you imagine it

Exodus 21:16

He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21 is pretty clear about debt, bondservant and slavery. Consider God bought the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt.

Colossians 4:1

Masters, give your bondservants what is just and fair, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Rape. Sorry you are just plain wrong, it is strongly condemned.

Wife beating, again just wrong

If you have a scripture I'd be glad to have a look

Regard

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

God says vengeance is for him and not us mortals to indulge in

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: drevill
Slaves? Not like you imagine. They worked to pay off debts and then released or if a bondservant was bought they were to be treated with kindness and paid and released without having to pay for it after a few years.

In some cases yes. But you forget the contradictory passages in the bible. The one's that say:

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Exodus 21:16 isn't about anti slavery, it's about anti kidnapping
edit on 15/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Re Leviticus

This is talking of those from those that have the means to pay their own way but choose not to. And could even work their way to a way I their life that allowed them to purchase their own hire.
Verse 47 explains this. Also the Hebrews were told to protect runaway slaves and give protection to them

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill

I couldn't help but notice you ignored the Exodus 21:7-11 NLT passage. How is the daughter being sold as a slave subject to poverty from her own doing and must pay it back?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Turn the other cheek is one sentence in an otherwise violent book. Satan is Yahweh/Yaldaboaths assistant and a yes man with no individual power. Christian are not accepting of anything but christianity. They might not fight back if you punch them, but they will drop a few bombs in your neighborhood if you live near a militant they want dead. America claims to be a Christian nation, so Christianity is not turning the other cheek and accepting. The military does have Satanists in it so you can't really say the military is christian. I think it A Jewish state but now I'm just rambling.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is this going to be a biblical quote fest? Satanist is another word forJew.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

The bible is not a book. It's a canon full of many books and letters called epistles.

The Bible is a mixture of Jewish writings dedicated to a Jewish war god named "yahweh/jehovah" and The Gospel writings of Christ revealing Abba - The Merciful Father God of Heaven (EL).

The epistles are the opinions of the early followers of The Church.

The book of revelation is a later writing claiming to be the Jesus of The Gospels but with a completely different attitude and personality.

This is what's causing all of the contradictions and confusion of people who say they are "Christian" but follow yahweh/jehovah instead of Christ's teachings.

You said that Satanist is another word for Jew. There are many types of Jews, many are reformists and don't follow the torah/old testament writings completely (which is good)....

But yes, if you compare the Satanic Beliefs (9 Satanic statements) with the yahweh/jehovah old testament writings, many beliefs are similar.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The reason why the idea of vengeance is being ascribed to satanism is because satan was vengeful towards God and went on an ego trip.

I have always loved those quotes from Jesus, their practice is not easy since we see examples of the opposite constantly and that we feel that we should return the favor when someone does something bad to us.

Really there is nothing one can say against Jesus' teachings themselves. They are full of wisdom and their application calls for mastery of ones mind, body and soul.

Love thy neighbor as you would yourself. Turn the other cheek. Do not do to other what you don't want done to you. Love your enemies, pray for them, love them, because returning the favor to the ones who love you only is too easy.

It makes sense, how could giving something to someone which you didn't want yourself solve anything? How can you make peace without forgiveness, respect and tolerance? If you are confronted with hate, is the solution to become hate?
edit on 15-1-2016 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2016 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
OP.. you do know 'tirn the other cheek" was just for VERBAL ASSAULTS in actualality right? HE didnt mena to be beat up and not defend ourself from Assault and battery.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

How is a strike considered verbal?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Jesus taught Pacifism/non-violence:

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." - Matthew 26:52

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:38-39

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Matthew 5:44-46 King James Version (KJV)

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Luke 6:35-36 King James Version (KJV)

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

edit on 16-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
AND eternal damnation.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Still a book, 2 covers, pages, that's a book. A violent book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join