It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing to climb a mountain to talk to God, I am serious.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Ghost147
Another thing that has me concerned is why post a thread about wanting to talk
to God,that should be a personal quest.I wonder if he is weighing in on our responses
to his quest?
There is nothing wrong in sharing a person's religious experience with others as inspiration.
Something doesn't seem quite right to me.

Yes, I agree. The origin of this thread feels very "troll-like".

If the OP was of sound mind, didn't initiate the topic with an obsession about people calling him crazy, and expressed a clear plan, with necessary precautions, proper training and experience, I would have no issue with his quest at all.

If mountaineering is what makes you feel connected with god, go on and do that if you are qualified to do so, respect the mountain/nature, and present your planning with civility and professionalism. I'm glad you've found a productive, healthy way to express your religious views.

This is not the case for the OP, however.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I am very pleased your view of yourself allows to a. Diagnose such things, and b. That you are so comfortable with such diagnosis that you feel your choice of words toward the op are nothing short of bully, and you and others do so with such ease.

I am addressing you, in particular, and not entertaining some of the others, as I actually enjoyed and appreciated some of your posts prior. But I am not particularly liking what I am hearing. It saddens me, as I typically dont look back.

Bullies in real life, not ones that hide behind their screens, typically are directly addressed in sincere fashion.

edit on 15-1-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouverite

originally posted by: olaru12
God loves blood sacrifices from what I understand.

With a name like Olaru

I don't expect much else from you

Keep on snickering

Perhaps when you are on your prayer quest, you can ask God to do something about that attitude, good luck!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I am very pleased your view of yourself allows to a. Diagnose such things, and b. That you are so comfortable with such diagnosis that you feel your choice of words toward the op are nothing short of bully, and you and others do so with such ease.

I haven't claimed definitive knowledge that the OP is Schizophrenic, I'm merely showing how the content within the OP and the actions he is claiming to wish to partake in, along side the reason for such actions are very similar to that of a schizophrenic individual.

It was a suggested correlation, not an actual claim.

I am addressing you, in particular, and not entertaining some of the others, as I actually enjoyed and appreciated some of your posts priot. But I am not particularly liking what I am hearing. It saddens me, as I typically dont look back.

I'm glad you enjoyed my previous responses throughout the forum. However, I don't think you're viewing the comments within this thread accurately.

So far you have accused me of making claims with the utmost of absolutism, yet I have continuously shown how my words do not reflect that which you are accusing me of.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am not accusing you of anything.

I am blatenly calling you out as an internet bully.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That would be an accusation of 'bullying'

So this accusation is solely because you disliked the fact that I recognized similarities in the OP's post and that of Schizophrenia. I'm not sure how that is bullying when there are actually similarities.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What a lovely thought. A pure and reverent location. I bet it will make you feel better having engaged in such an endeavor.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good wishes on your quest, but all I can think of is natural selection

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

that has to do with me because i have to share a damned planet with you loons
i dont plan on converting him/her
that is the difference between you and i
im not going to try telling him the right way forward
but i will let him know hes on a dangerous and self destructive path that ends in a culdesac
and just hope he doesnt keep trudging along dragging everyone he meets with him

Ugh, the self-blinded arrogant hypocrisy in this statement ...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Some mountains can be walked up with a strenuous hike.

I am assuming this is the kind the op is planning to tackle, not the Mt. Everest sort.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But that doesn't fit the narrative detractors are trying to ram down our throats.

It's supposed to be a dark, dangerous ascent with our protagonist fending off the cold, wild predators and libertarians all the way to the perilous summit somewhere in the upper ionosphere.

Something that surely no one in their right mind would ever attempt.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Hence the concern....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
But that doesn't fit the narrative detractors are trying to ram down our throats.

You're absolutely correct. We have no idea what kind of 'mountain' the OP is so eager to climb, or if it really is a mountain at all.

However, what the 'detractors' are concerned about is that the OP seems unstable and spontaneous, has yet to present any details on his previous history with mountaineering nor has he detailed the climb itself, doesn't seem to respect the dangers that could exist and doesn't seem to be taking any precautionary measures at all.

All of these factors is what makes us concerned.

Many of us have already expressed that if the OP had detailed the expedition, had shown he was capable of such a feat, had shown stability mentally, and had shown professionalism and respect to the dangers he could face, we would have no issue with it at all.

You're view of our position is very hyperbolic.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

snowdon [ north wales ] is " only 1086m " and ` just a walk ` . but so far this year - there have been 3 rescues . this patern is repeated across the UK as the terminally clueless repeatedly set off for " just a walk " in conditions they are not equiped to handle

a reply to: NthOther

see above

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i admit that my conduct in this thread could have been more diplomatic - but hey the OPs responses have not exactly been confidence building

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smirkley

Some mountains can be walked up with a strenuous hike.

I am assuming this is the kind the op is planning to tackle, not the Mt. Everest sort.

Even a trail up a mountain can be dangerous in the dark. Best to do it in the daytime.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I really don't consider Ghost an internet bully.He seems to be honest in his posting
and brings to the debate table legitimate concerns about the "mental" state of the
OP. He may be wrong but we don't really know what is going on in the op's mind
concerning this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Youre correct of course sir...Thats why I referred to He/She/They/Them/It...Thanks for the reply Ghost 147

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

snowdon [ north wales ] is " only 1086m " and ` just a walk ` . but so far this year - there have been 3 rescues . this patern is repeated across the UK as the terminally clueless repeatedly set off for " just a walk " in conditions they are not equiped to handle

"Young people and families make up most of the group, many of whom are equipped with hats to shield themselves from the warm weather.

More than 360,000 walkers climb the summit of Snowdon every year, which offers expansive views of Britain on clear days."source

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i dont mean well - i am actually concerned for the MRT // SAR personel who will have to sescue you when your cluster# goes tits up

BS. If he wasn't going up to talk to God you would have no problem. If his post title read I'm going on a mountain trek at night to watch the persiod meteor shower you might tell him to be careful but you wouldn't have slammed him like you and ghost are doing in this thread.

I don't know about where you are but the rescuers in Aus are well trained and equipped to rescue people without getting in to trouble themselves and causing a further problem, even us volunteer ones. When we are on the scene people stop worrying not start.
edit on 16/1/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20260263]the OP needs help or to seriously consider their actions.
Climbing a mountain as a symbolic gesture, personal challenge... escape the rat race, recharge the batteries... peace and quiet or something then cool.
Doing it to "talk" to an unknown entity or a voice in one's head, is about as mental as it gets.

So it isn't the mountain climbing that you object to but the fact that he wants to talk to God? I'm glad we don't have thought police yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

I can contribute this little story to your journey.

Its not the ceremony and ritual that satisfies the spirit, its our faith. Faith in the sense of belief in our nature and our hearts. God is not an external force you have to deal with. If anything as Gods creation we are part of the family. This is all happening in you. Maybe God is just being your witness on this one letting you go through the motions. Maybe you are doing that. Either way, its good. Passion is our second breath.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join