It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you say, "start at the bottom", what do you mean?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What industry should the 4 billion practically homeless and starving people get into?

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Is it possible to start at the bottom in today's world and afford the basic necessities?

No!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

What industry should the 4 billion practically homeless and starving people get into?

Just curious.

As my post outlines, its a PERSONAL journey. It will be different for everyone. Some will excel in a service area, some on a production area, some in public sector, some in private sector. When you minimize it by facetiously making statements like above, you make it clear you simply do not get it IMO. Or, you do not want to see it for what it is...a personal decision...nobody can help them if they do not want to help themselves first.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Can you cite your 4 billion figure? Global poverty has been more than halved in the last 30 years.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Puppylove

Where should people start?

I think starting at a level equal to your skill/experience level is reasonable.

And starve and have no money or way to advance, all the while getting # talked by folks like you that demand they work even harder for nothing and never make a single mistake?

Lol....ya......sure..... Because work ethic feeds families or shelters one from the elements...

The economy has finite positions that pay a wage that even supports basic modern life.

By some of you guys standards if you aren't a doctor lawyer or IT professional you should live like the 1800s without a phone or refrigerator or car or anything.

And then claim it is their own fault they can't get ahead.

When even an idiot can see the jobs aren't there for them to get.

That is the problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The numbers lie.

Can you honestly say the dollar is worth what it was in those days?

Don't know, but I made close to minimum wage "in those days" and it sucked.

Also we have lost over 10 million manufacturing jobs and all of the skilled trade jobs go to immigrants from Asia and South America who are willing to work for pennies crushing the trade unions and destroying Americas future for an entire generation.

I don't care I'm not in manufacturing. You sound like someone from Flint Michigan complaining about no car jobs. Here is a serious question, how do these immigrants live ok on pennies on the dollar?

edit on 14-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sorry, I am only speaking about the United States. I have lived in Germany and their system is quite different and I would not know specific sure-fire ways to succeed in their job market.

You ask how someone in the US can succeed, I know the answers. Other nations, I can only speculate.
edit on 14-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The numbers lie.

Can you honestly say the dollar is worth what it was in those days?

Don't know, but I made close to minimum wage "in those days" and it sucked.

Also we have lost over 10 million manufacturing jobs and all of the skilled trade jobs go to immigrants from Asia and South America who are willing to work for pennies crushing the trade unions and destroying Americas future for an entire generation.

I don't care I'm not in manufacturing. You sound like someone from Flint Michigan complaining about no car jobs. Here is a serious question, how do these immigrants live ok on pennies on the dollar?

They collect government subsidies while working under the table.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

This site has some numbers...

Nearly 1/2 of the world’s population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. 805 million people worldwide do not have enough food to eat. Food banks are especially important in providing food for people that can’t afford it themselves. Run a food drive outside your local grocery store so people in your community have enough to eat. Sign up for Supermarket Stakeout.

www.dosomething.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Our social structure is crushing many and the selfish behavior of the average citizen of this nation is beginning to manifest rampant disease and poverty across the board and these are unignorable facts.

" selfish behavior" that is a big part of it. Many Indians are coming here taking high tech jobs not because they are cheaper, but because they can do the job. Many Americans will not do what these people have done to be extremely good.

Kids are depressed because they spend the first half of their life creatively and physically oppressed by a system of indenture meanwhile researching their own philosophies on the Internet and realizing their entire life is a lie designed by a control grid meant to enslave us.

Wow...I just had to worry about getting my ass kicked everyday...I had it so lucky. Once again...I have kids and they are not like this...why?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You mean work for everything?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So what you are saying is with minimal skill and hardly any English they found a way... People need to find a way.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So what you are saying is with minimal skill and hardly any English they found a way... People need to find a way.

You want me to work for practically free and collect government subsidies rather than support an economy that allows people to survive?

Nonsense.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You mean work for everything?

I'm not sure what you mean.... Be extremely focused and tenacious in everything you do from grad school all the way up.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You want me to work for practically free and collect government subsidies rather than support an economy that allows people to survive?

Nonsense.

Well if you have no skills and don't speak english then yes... I said you need to find a way...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Stop complaining and go get a decent job. Here are a few thousand. Nobody is going to pay you $20 an hour to flip burgers or make pizzas.

The jobs are there. Are you WILLING to do what it takes to get into them?

jobs.monster.com...

www.dice.com...
edit on 14-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Even if I'm doing well, doesn't mean I'm going to stop caring about those who aren't. There will always be people on the bottom, doing the work at the bottom necessary for life to function. If I ever get so callous I stop caring about those who are an important part of providing for my own well being I hope someone shoots me.

Whether at the top or bottom, the work you do is necessary to maintaining our world. All of you spitting on the people at the bottom saying they deserve to live in refuse simply because they don't have whatever it takes to get higher make me sick.

Not everyone is capable of more than the bottom, and the jobs at the bottom are necessary, so saying they deserve to suffer for being at the bottom while you are enjoying the fruits of their labor is sick, twisted, selfish and monstrous.
edit on 1/14/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

a reply to: Xtrozero

What world do you live in where there's enough skilled positions for the entire country to work in without having to have all of the low paying # jobs filled?

Is there 74 million kids who want to work here or am I missing something?

Out of that number, over 3/4 of them will be duds / status quo. They will do the minimum to get by, too lazy to improve themselves, and show no ambition to do what it takes to move up. Oh, they will constantly complain but they will do nothing to help themselves.

Have you ever heard of the 80/20 principle?

80 percent of the 'work' will be done by 20 percent of the participants. This is true.

Be the 20% and let the low performers remain in the lowest positions.

You don't have to outrun the hungry bears chasing you. You have to outrun the other people running from the bears.

In America there is more than enough for all to live well.

Drop the greedy BS" me mine " meme.

Most despite ability work ethic or skill must be in poverty by your own post.

Why?

Because of those that only think of themselves.

Just because someone isn't the best brightest or hardest working does not mean they should live in poverty.

That is absolutely 100% BS!

In a world of only kings and serfs.... The poor will eat the rich, it has happened many times, it will always happen, because it is retarded.

So I suppose by your thinking only Einstein Newton Hawking etc... Are the only scientists that deserve to be able to live above poverty level?

Because you are in fact saying only the best deserve to not live in poverty.

You are a sick and twisted individual, and so are all that think like you do.

The impoverished aren't asking for mansions and lambos, they simply want to be able to live a decent life after working 60 hours a week.

You know regular wants, own a car, buy a modest home, scrape by to put a kid through college.... Not really asking a lot in today's world there.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: pl3bscheese

It's not a matter of getting ahead. It's a matter of having a reasonable bottom. We need people to fill all job positions in life. No reason they should have to suffer for filling the positions at the bottom.

Every single piece in a machine plays a vital role.

Sure some are more important than others, but all are necessary!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Nobody is spitting on anyone. If you have any ambition and an 8th grade education, you can choose NOT to be on the "so called" bottom. That is all I am trying to say. Don't whine about how life sucks and there are not any decent jobs and no chance to ever have a career when the opportunities are plentiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join