It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you say, "start at the bottom", what do you mean?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: nullafides

Your a fool.

Your done because I know what it means to be successful?

Doesn't that suck.

I guess working my ass off and starving and being homeless to achieve a goal and achieving that goal isn't enough for you is it?

Somehow you need to prove that I'm lazy and I'm the problem instead of discussing the bigger issue at hand here.

If that's how you want to take it, then run with it. Apparently you're pretty thin skinned.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Do you care what I make/earn for a living?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm not thinned skinned I'm pointing out your inability to look at the bigger picture without personalizing an issue that's bigger than you.

We have a serious problem in this world where humanity is refusing to work together to build a better world.

Instead we act like glorified monkeys and make all of our choices based on ego and pride rather than manifesting empathetic and articulate thought patterns that are worldly and less selfish.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I couldn't care less.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I couldn't care less.

Then why should any of us care what you earn or want to earn?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your totally missing the point. It's like speaking to a wall sometimes.

Can you quote for me where I said I care about what you make? Is that possible?

I mean seriously what kind of mindless dribble is this.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm not thinned skinned I'm pointing out your inability to look at the bigger picture without personalizing an issue that's bigger than you.

We have a serious problem in this world where humanity is refusing to work together to build a better world.

Instead we act like glorified monkeys and make all of our choices based on ego and pride rather than manifesting empathetic and articulate thought patterns that are worldly and less selfish.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What you're asking for is to be found in Marx's works, comrade.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's because you're not thinking it through. Each country has a national purchasing power of their dollar. Each local area has their own deviation from this national purchasing power. Poverty is perceived differently in each country. The CIA has done their homework and figures seem closer to half a billion around the world. If you honestly believe you can use a single currency figure and assess the world's level of poverty, you are clearly mistaken.

CIA Poverty Statistics

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Your totally missing the point. It's like speaking to a wall sometimes.

Can you quote for me where I said I care about what you make? Is that possible?

I mean seriously what kind of mindless dribble is this.

You're not supposed to care about what anyone else makes.

I don't.

It's none of my business, and it's none of your business what I make.

Every individual determines their own worth through their career choice, sweat equity, knowledge, and skill level.

That's how it should be.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestionPeople want, they borrow, they buy, and they don't think about the paying back.
Driven by wants, they dig holes for themselves that are hard to get out of.
They satisfy their appetites but lose their freedom.
Travel light. Carry a light load.
Require little.
Be content with little.
Live simply.
Pay cash, don't borrow.
Save your money, don't squander it.....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Oh god.

Did you read that out of a book too?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Once again I'm sorry you can't see the bigger picture in all of this.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Let me get this straight.

You DON'T think a person should be paid based on their skills, knowledge, experience and marketability?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That's not the point the point is everyone deserves a basic standard of living for contributing to a multi billion dollar a year company. Period.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That's not the point the point is everyone deserves a basic standard of living for contributing to a multi billion dollar a year company. Period.

No. No they don't. You don't deserve a paycheck just for existing.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You deserve a paycheck for participating 40 hours a week enabling some company to make billions.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Attention!

Stick to the topic and stop the personal jabs. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree...

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You deserve a paycheck for participating 40 hours a week enabling some company to make billions.

A paycheck is a purchase for your time and effort.

The size of the paycheck is determined by your skill level, marketability, knowledge, experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

OK, here's the issue as I see it:

You are chiding all of us who have gone out and have busted our butts working to make that better world.

We have taken to heart what Ghandi said - Be the change you want to see in the world.

Obviously, we want to see a world of hard-working, industrious people who do not think that those who have more than we do should be torn down in order to take what they have so that it can be given to us. Instead, we understand it is our job to find a way to earn it ourselves.

You have asked for that advice and gotten upset repeatedly when scads of suggestions were given to you.

Instead you badmouth us and tell us we aren't working to make a better world ... what should we do? Give it all away to the government and demand to be supported with a bare sliver of what we had earned for ourselves and paint our faces with ashes and wear sackcloth and beg everyone's forgiveness for showing that you can indeed succeed if you apply yourself?

Is that how we work to make a better world?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Those 3 billion losers need to get their # together and become
Computer programmers so they can begin programming the robot horde that replaces all the menial labor jobs and truck driving jobs over the next ten years that way the corporate oligarchy can really take over the mass of useless # eaters polluting my clean air.

Its actually a lot worse than that,we exploit the peoples in the third world even though they are the worst off....

Many of the people who just dont care are happy sitting in their little bubbles simply disassociated about statistics like our cheap chocolate is produced en mass by child slaves,not to mention all the designer clothing and various other "luxuries" items that are produced in sweat shops and various other slave labor type operations.....

People are simply disconnected from reality and have no interest in the bigger picture unless it affects them personally,and for most that would be the bottom line....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join