It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Presidential Debate 1/14/2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Why do you think that they are now trying to take complete control of the internet? [ it's a threat perhaps? ]

there is no perhaps on that .

Until the internet came along it was a one way communication to the masses. You only heard what they wanted you to hear and think. The internet allowed for mass bidirectional communications which exposes alot of their B$.

Without a doubt , the internet was our chance to see through the B$ but they are working overtime to close that.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's like they already know who the DEM candidate is?

In the meantime, reasonable candidates, Kasich, Carson on the right, and my left candidate Jim Webb, are pushbroomed to obscurity...

Really.... Trump, Clinton, Cruz, Sanders, Rubio, Christie (notice I didn't include BUSH), are our choices?

Are they our choices ... or THEIR choices?

Are we really going to do this AGAIN? smh

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Really.... Trump, Clinton, Cruz, Sanders, Rubio, Christie (notice I didn't include BUSH), are our choices?

Yeah, Rubio and Clinton give me the biggest regurgitated throw up factor. Hence they will likely get the endorsement.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Notice how Cruz said we should remove citizenship from those in the us who join Isis...

We can't even prevent Isis members from entering our country through our heavily funded agencies, what is his answer?

we need to ID folks who leave the country and ban them from coming back?

It's laughable... they (FEDS) can't do the job now...

last question to Cruz' proposal,

"how much is this going to cost us tax paying folks?"

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Rubio's slip showed.... no tariffs on Chinese goods...

it would cost the consumer...

NS Marco.... but you may save some US producers you dumbass [excuse my french]

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Rubio hitting all the GOP talking points in question about Chinese tariffs;

We are all frustrated with China, but China does not pay the tariff: the buyer does. To protect ourselves, we need to make our economy stronger, which means reversing what Obama did. We need tax reform, end regulation, stop the EPA preventing jobs, repeal Obamacare, make our economy better, and we win against China.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Rubio is the choice.... Jeb failed them.... how long til Jeb bails so Rubio can battle what's left?

Jeb hanging on only hurts those who thought they already chose the candidate...

I hope that Jeb stays til the bitter end....

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
With all this talk about China and Walmart talking about spending 250 Billion dollars to bring back jobs, I wonder what is really gong on behind the scenes.

I do know that Africa is the next cheap labor port, but not one mention of Africa.

I'm guessing China has gotten to big for it britches and they are preparing for the next cheap labor port in Africa. One thing I'm certain about is that it has nothing to do with Americans losing jobs.

edit on 43131America/ChicagoThu, 14 Jan 2016 21:43:40 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think Africa, as a whole, may be viewed as too unstable for a reliable source of manufacturing. China is reliable only because of it's stability. Throw in some serious economic or political turmoil and then we can talk about Africa.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Africa is not there yet but they are working hard to get it there. Its also not just for manufacturing but for technology .

I worked for a big Tech Corp and was in charge of overseeing some of this transition. I know that the big tech companies have a lot of foot print there and are working to get there.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Greed... under the guise of NAFTA, Global Trade Agreements, and now the Trans Pacific Partnership...

has nothing to do with the folks....

Everything to do with the deep pocket corporations making more money...

at the expense of other poor nations who are being worked to death on pennies, to make sure you can buy an item cheap at the local big box store...

It's pretty bad when you can buy items at walmart cheaper than the local dollar store...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hell yeah, I don't like Cruz but I liked how just told Marco that he blew it.

Haha

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Without a doubt. the problem with these so called fair trades deals is that the US can't compete with these companies. Not because they have better talent or better workforce but because the cost of living in those countries.

Also what none of them talk about and try to spin is the good paying jobs that are being taken up by the H1 Visa. This is also a trend that will explode in the near future.

Global corporations are now in the business with the ability of building and crashing economies to increase there bottom line. Luckily for the US we are still the number one frivolous spenders and corporations like those type of consumers.

edit on 02131America/ChicagoThu, 14 Jan 2016 22:02:24 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Did anyone get what the crowd was chanting after Cruz spewed his B$?

We want Something is what it sounded like?
edit on 05131America/ChicagoThu, 14 Jan 2016 22:05:33 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh my God! Chris Christie's answer about law and order:

Obama and Eric Holder give the benefit of the doubt to the criminal, not the police officers.

No, I think that's the constitution. Particularly the fifth and sixth amendments.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think Rubio and Cruz did an effective job in proving why neither one is worth a $h1t in there back and forth debacle.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It is simplistic to just gauge this on workers and wages, I often fail to calculate the FED gov't regulations that also severely affects any attempts to manufacture goods in the US....

It's a double whammy on companies who may want to employ US citizens...in US manufacturing plants.. and employ US workers...

be it greed on the part of business, favors from the gov't... etc etc...

It's obvious who is selling out for larger profits, and who has been buried by principle...

There's is nothing wrong with the desire to build an American company, employing American citizens to produce an American product.....

I remember as a young hoodlum in the 70's, that American made was a good thing...

what happened?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The crowd was surprisingly supportive of the Snowden being a traitor comment, didn't know so many republicans felt that way. Wouldn't republican ideals typically be against the sort of privacy invasions revealed by Snowden?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Not according to Bush:

Obama has failed us completely with cybersecurity. We need to put the NSA in charge of the civilian side of this.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

They have to say that because they must maintain the security issues against ISIS.

Not to mention those guys are not genuine Republicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join