It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia, who would win?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BJonesLHS
I am saying you're making yourself look like an idiot when you say the Germans supported the world with superior weapons. The Gemrans did not support the world. Germany was against the world that's why they started a war with everyone. As I have said, the Sewdish have supported the majority of countriesd and provided them with weaponry during WW2. That's all I'm saying to you.

I said they provided many great weapons and spearheaded research into areas which no one else had gone.
Well germany and several other countries where fighting not just germany and the world but lets not get padantic, ok?

I understand and compliment you on your knowledge of submarines and all. But I must tell you we have always had races and competitions with the Russians in the past. But many of them th U.S. has won because the U.S. has been prepaired and will remain that way in technology, tactics, and much more. Once again I must repeat myself, the Soviet Union has broken up for almost 15 years now. And they have lost the ability and capability in things that they used to have in the past and no longer can compete with the Americans. The Russians may have been better than the U.S., but in that case today, they have gone from first to worst!

Thanks for thje complement.
This weapon was created very recently though i dont know if its submarne launched....**scurries off to find info***....
To be precise they are still a power , a weak one but still a power. There are worse.
They do have good tech in areas, like realiability.

They have lost a large amount of power and they are most like ranked second maybe third with China in the way. The Russians have big problems of their own such as the Chechens which is a big competition to them. So again, if they cannot possibly do a good job against the Chechens, then what in your right mind makes you think they can compete the Americans? Think logically before you give an opinion!

Well the USA wont exsactly take hostages will they?
The fact is fighting a smaller well supported (not sure if the population where they are from is anti russia???) has always been a hard fight. Take iraq and NI fighting in both countries has been a dirty and difficult buisness.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I am saying you're making yourself look like an idiot when you say the Germans supported the world with superior weapons. The Gemrans did not support the world. Germany was against the world that's why they started a war with everyone. As I have said, the Sewdish have supported the majority of countriesd and provided them with weaponry during WW2. That's all I'm saying to you.

I said they provided many great weapons and spearheaded research into areas which no one else had gone.
Well germany and several other countries where fighting not just germany and the world but lets not get padantic, ok?

I understand and compliment you on your knowledge of submarines and all. But I must tell you we have always had races and competitions with the Russians in the past. But many of them th U.S. has won because the U.S. has been prepaired and will remain that way in technology, tactics, and much more. Once again I must repeat myself, the Soviet Union has broken up for almost 15 years now. And they have lost the ability and capability in things that they used to have in the past and no longer can compete with the Americans. The Russians may have been better than the U.S., but in that case today, they have gone from first to worst!

Thanks for thje complement.
This weapon was created very recently though i dont know if its submarne launched....**scurries off to find info***....
To be precise they are still a power , a weak one but still a power. There are worse.
They do have good tech in areas, like realiability.

They have lost a large amount of power and they are most like ranked second maybe third with China in the way. The Russians have big problems of their own such as the Chechens which is a big competition to them. So again, if they cannot possibly do a good job against the Chechens, then what in your right mind makes you think they can compete the Americans? Think logically before you give an opinion!

Well the USA wont exsactly take hostages will they?
The fact is fighting a smaller well supported (not sure if the population where they are from is anti russia???) has always been a hard fight. Take iraq and NI fighting in both countries has been a dirty and difficult buisness.

And I am saying that you were wrong about what you said that they provided the world with weapons. That is not true. And you did not say that Germany spearheaded research into areas which no one else had gone. You said nothing about research. You stated your opinion on Germany distributing and supporting the world ewtih weapons and I'm telling you that's a bunch of crap! Germany of all countures would not have ever given away their weapons or technology or anything to the enemy. And an enemy back then was a neutral country as well as a country that was part of the Allied powers. As the Germans were the Axis of evil, they may have supported the other axis countries such as Japan and Italy, but that was rare. Germany was stingy and they felt that whatever they make stays within their possession and not spurted out to the world. And other countries did not have good intelligence as the United States had during that era. Therefore, that's how the U.S. eventually found out about the V1 and V2 rocket capabilites that Germany produced. The U.S. had the intelligence to find out what was going on, but today it's much more sophisticated and extremely useful especially at a time of what's going on today.

Well, I know Gemrany and other countires were figfhting and it wasn't just Germany. Why do you think they call it a world war? That's when the countries of the world start wars across the globe. But you must narrow it down again to the two alliances during that era. Germany, Italy, and Japan formed what was called the Axis powers and followed by the United States, Britain, China, and the Soviet Union. Other nations started to join the powers as time went on, but these were the major countires that were part of these two alliances. That is a world war!

Like I said before, the Russian submarines are not nearly as sophisticated as the modern American submarine. You and your knowledge of submarines should know that and the history behind it to where it was more of a naval race during the cold war. And again, once the Soviet Union crumbled, it caused a mass of technological failures, military problems, rebels, and other catastrophic events to occur. This caused them to lose a lot of things and no longer be in the race against the United States. Therefore be it resolved, my statement about Russia having better equipment and technology than the United States is nothing more than a myth and a tall tale. Yes, recently the president of Russia, has stated that they are developing nuclear weapons that will be superior to any other nuclear weapon than any country has. But, what proof does he have that it is much more superior? And by that time, which can be a decade, the United States would be eve farther than them. We would be ten year ahead of them y the time they reach to where we stand today. Again, it is not feasible that Russia can out-rank us tenologically, militarily, economically, and industrially. And economy is very important becuase you need money to get stronger. Russia has certainly need help with their economy and with a weak economy, they can't go further with doing what they plan to do in respects to nuclear weapons technology and etc.

The United States does take hostages. And we are trained to do that in an ordely and timely manner. Other antions may not do that, but we do! And not all of the population of the United States is anti-Russian. But I am saying, they do not have the capability to destroy our military. We are trained and we have the capability to do what we want, when we want, in a timely manner. The Soviet Union has been crumbled for over 10 years now and basically that means they are a decade behind in many things. First off I must repeat myself once again. The Russiand are having their own problmes that they need to take care of before they do something like start a war with the United States. They big problem is Chechnya and rebels. If they cannot fight them off, what makes you think they can touch the Americans? That is why today, we keep good relationship with both of our nations. And that's good enough for Russia so that they would not go through havoc coming from the United States.

Devilwasp, just hear me, the United States is the most wealthiest and most powerful nation on this planet. And it took us years and time to get to where we are now. And a lot of countires are very jealous that we are the number one superpower on Earth and we can conquer the world if we chose to do so. So people going around and saying that China and/or Russia can beat the United States in the war makes them sound dumb as a doornail. And many who make that assumtion don't have a clue what's going on in the world. And what a ton of people in this world do is make an opinion that they have no evidence or proof to back it up and prove that whatever they have said is true. There is more than on esource that you have to look at to find out information such as politics. That is a broad subject and it can blow your mind away of all that it can do and say. But I must again offer you to read a book that talks about "Rules of Land Warfare" and you can get a better picture of what the United States can and will do in certain cases.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And I am saying that you were wrong about what you said that they provided the world with weapons. That is not true. And you did not say that Germany spearheaded research into areas which no one else had gone. You said nothing about research. You stated your opinion on Germany distributing and supporting the world ewtih weapons and I'm telling you that's a bunch of crap!

Have they provided the world with the first rockets?
The first jet aircraft?
The first radar for planes?
They provided it after the war under the US command!
Also that is mainly saying they could supply europe if it went to war against the USA (a hypothetical scenario) with many advanced weapons.

[quote[
Germany of all countures would not have ever given away their weapons or technology or anything to the enemy. And an enemy back then was a neutral country as well as a country that was part of the Allied powers. As the Germans were the Axis of evil, they may have supported the other axis countries such as Japan and Italy, but that was rare. Germany was stingy and they felt that whatever they make stays within their possession and not spurted out to the world. And other countries did not have good intelligence as the United States had during that era. Therefore, that's how the U.S. eventually found out about the V1 and V2 rocket capabilites that Germany produced. The U.S. had the intelligence to find out what was going on, but today it's much more sophisticated and extremely useful especially at a time of what's going on today.

British intel might have had a hand there too, also the germans where stingy you have totally taken this the wrong way.

Well, I know Gemrany and other countires were figfhting and it wasn't just Germany. Why do you think they call it a world war? That's when the countries of the world start wars across the globe. But you must narrow it down again to the two alliances during that era. Germany, Italy, and Japan formed what was called the Axis powers and followed by the United States, Britain, China, and the Soviet Union. Other nations started to join the powers as time went on, but these were the major countires that were part of these two alliances. That is a world war!

Yeah but the whole world wasnt in two camps! For crying out loud why are we argueing the same damm point!

Like I said before, the Russian submarines are not nearly as sophisticated as the modern American submarine. You and your knowledge of submarines should know that and the history behind it to where it was more of a naval race during the cold war. And again, once the Soviet Union crumbled, it caused a mass of technological failures, military problems, rebels, and other catastrophic events to occur.

Why are you going on about subs?
I was talking about missiles.

This caused them to lose a lot of things and no longer be in the race against the United States. Therefore be it resolved, my statement about Russia having better equipment and technology than the United States is nothing more than a myth and a tall tale. Yes, recently the president of Russia, has stated that they are developing nuclear weapons that will be superior to any other nuclear weapon than any country has. But, what proof does he have that it is much more superior? And by that time, which can be a decade, the United States would be eve farther than them. We would be ten year ahead of them y the time they reach to where we stand today.

The US is ahead in many areas but not all, the US hasnt made a rifle as reliable as the AK yet have they?

Again, it is not feasible that Russia can out-rank us tenologically, militarily, economically, and industrially. And economy is very important becuase you need money to get stronger. Russia has certainly need help with their economy and with a weak economy, they can't go further with doing what they plan to do in respects to nuclear weapons technology and etc.

They are ahead in SOME areas , i say again, they are ahead in some areas like aerodynamics. The russian fighters have more agility but would be blown out of the sky by a raptor miles away.

The United States does take hostages. And we are trained to do that in an ordely and timely manner. Other antions may not do that, but we do! And not all of the population of the United States is anti-Russian. But I am saying, they do not have the capability to destroy our military. We are trained and we have the capability to do what we want, when we want, in a timely manner. The Soviet Union has been crumbled for over 10 years now and basically that means they are a decade behind in many things. First off I must repeat myself once again. The Russiand are having their own problmes that they need to take care of before they do something like start a war with the United States. They big problem is Chechnya and rebels. If they cannot fight them off, what makes you think they can touch the Americans? That is why today, we keep good relationship with both of our nations. And that's good enough for Russia so that they would not go through havoc coming from the United States.

WHO THE HELL IS TALKING ABOUT A RUSSIA US WAR????
I am saying they are ahead in some areas, not all!
Ofcourse russia cant attack and win against the USA!
The US navy has the power to cripple thier navy since the russian navy is heavily underused and underfunded!

Devilwasp, just hear me, the United States is the most wealthiest and most powerful nation on this planet. And it took us years and time to get to where we are now. And a lot of countires are very jealous that we are the number one superpower on Earth and we can conquer the world if we chose to do so. So people going around and saying that China and/or Russia can beat the United States in the war makes them sound dumb as a doornail. And many who make that assumtion don't have a clue what's going on in the world. And what a ton of people in this world do is make an opinion that they have no evidence or proof to back it up and prove that whatever they have said is true. There is more than on esource that you have to look at to find out information such as politics. That is a broad subject and it can blow your mind away of all that it can do and say. But I must again offer you to read a book that talks about "Rules of Land Warfare" and you can get a better picture of what the United States can and will do in certain cases.

The US is a power BUT can be halted , remember the USA is in the lime light so cannot do anything majorly bad with out world wide anger. The chinese cant fight you now but they are growing and will surpass you.
The russians might do this too if they get thier act together.
The USA is one country and very vunerable.
Your carrier can be defeated by a single frigate. I have now come into information about that exercise and know the ships involved.
The US is the most powerful but luxomburg is wealthier.
You may be more powerful but by no means perfect or undefeatable, just remeber you can still be knocked on your arse by the smallest navy....peace my friend

By the way , ease off on the nationalism doesnt let your eyes open.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Russia is the most powerful nation on earth while U.S is the most wealthies on earth and U.S Militarily is #2 Russia is #1 , Chechyian war has been over for 3 years now only thing Chechens can do now is small terrorist attacks, but now in Iraq it aint nothing like the war in Chechnya Iraq is a real war AND U.S is lossing that war, don't even try and compare Iraqi resistance with Chechian because Chechnian resistence is nothing like Iraq U.S. is lossingbad everyday when you hear 1 Marine was K.I.A. read 10-12 K.I.A.'s all this 1300+ KIA's scince the war started is a lie it's more like 4000+ KIA why do you think reservists are being FORCED to do DOUBLE tours, that should be the FIRST clue to you something ain't right on the ground, Russia's Military can take on U.S. even now, you forgot U.S. also down sized after colw war now U.S Army/Marines 600,000 active duty soilders/200,000 reservists 90,000 of which are in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Excuse me but have you heard of the sentance. All I'm asking for is a period every once and a while. Please show me some proof that says that Russia is the best, don't forget Russia was downsized after the Cold War too.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes Rus has down sizes from 4 Million active Duty troops to 988,100 U.S. has down sized also from 3 Million Active duty troops to 600,000 Rus airforce fron 13000+ Warplanes to 6200+ U.S. from 4000 War planes till 2500 F111's/14's/15'/16's TOTAL anyone who comes on here and tells no we(U.S.A.) have more is wrong/ or outright lying. U.S. has more NAVAL Ships than us, that don't matter we have WAY more antiship missles especially now late 1990's-2004 new modles.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Yes Rus has down sizes from 4 Million active Duty troops to 988,100 U.S. has down sized also from 3 Million Active duty troops to 600,000 Rus airforce fron 13000+ Warplanes to 6200+ U.S. from 4000 War planes till 2500 F111's/14's/15'/16's TOTAL anyone who comes on here and tells no we(U.S.A.) have more is wrong/ or outright lying. U.S. has more NAVAL Ships than us, that don't matter we have WAY more antiship missles especially now late 1990's-2004 new modles.

Size wont matter if the tech doesnt work or money aint there to support them or the training isnt there to help.
No offence but the russian forces are in no state to fight a major offensive or defensive war.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I Asure you thats nothing but PROPAGANDA your Gov wants you to think and Rus also wants U.S. Gov to think in reality if your getting beat like this iraq2005.blogspot.com... in Iraq you ain't no match for us RUSSIANS.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I Asure you thats nothing but PROPAGANDA your Gov wants you to think and Rus also wants U.S. Gov to think in reality if your getting beat like this iraq2005.blogspot.com... in Iraq you ain't no match for us RUSSIANS.

Well i suppose yes considering there isnt any real naval prescence left. The marines ships would still kill loads of troops.
Is that why russian admirals say that thier fleet will sink in 2008?
Look no offence mate, as much as you scream propaganda you are yourself affected by it.
I respect russia and would love to visit it, but i hate to say it but the military forces in russia dont have much support.
I tell you our forces in iraq are trained to be the best in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Any one who doesn't figure out when a nation "OPENLY" tells you and shows you thier Military weaknes it IS to draw you into a war should be imprisoned especially if they are in Govermental positions, I tell YOU MATE that Rus is DILIBERATLY pllaying weak to draw U.S.A. intio a war there are many resons why but one of it is Serbia, you didn't think your sins against Sebia were going to go unPunished now did ya?

[edit on 16-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Any one who doesn't figure out when a nation "OPENLY" tells you and shows you thier Military weaknes it IS to draw you into a war should be imprisoned especially if they are in Govermental positions, I tell YOU MATE that Rus is DILIBERATLY pllaying weak to draw U.S.A. intio a war there are many resons why but one of it is Serbia, you didn't think your sins against Sebia were going to go unPunished now did ya?

[edit on 16-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

There is no tactical purpose for russia to go to war.
Seconly there is no tactical prupose for your country to look weak.
Sounds like a desperate exscuse.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
devilwasp, you are living off a bunch of opinions once again. As I have said to you, but you don't want to listen. If China was in a war with America there will be hell to pay for China. No questions asked. What is it with you that you are so Anti-American in a war against China? Maybe you did not realize that we have nuclear weapons that are closer to China than they to us? That is why we have bases set up all over the world that would make our trip easier to rendevous to different points of the globe. And mentioning nuclear weapons, we have them closer to China than they to us. And in an attack such as a nuclear wave, we would use our missiles closer to them as well as our naval ships to strike them from the ocean. What is it that you don't understand that their will be hell to pay for the Chinese in something like this? The United States is the most powerful nation on Earth. And you're talking about the U.S. running out of nuclear weapons, hell no. We are basically in an unlimited level of producing weapons as of such. Our military can build a nuclear bomb much more faster than the Chinese. We have the economic background and enough money to build nuclear weapons when we need it. And most of all, we have enough in our arsenal to use when we need to use it. Now do not tell me that China has more wepaopns than America, that's a bunch of crap! They may have a background of making fireworks, but are you sure they have the money to continue making big ones like a nuclear bomb? Devilwasp, please be sure when you make a statement like that, you add "in my opinion." Because just you giving me a statement like that is makeing you look really un-educated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join