It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy & forced vote?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Masked Avatar...you have a succint way of writing, saying so much with so few words, and I agree with what you say.

The notion of "deliberately undersupplied" polling stations kinda knocked me over, though...this would be a gross corruption, I agree, and now I can sympathise more with the feelings expressed by Prince_Machiavelli.

I had heard of the long lines in Ohio...people waiting for hours upon end to do what is supposed to be both duty and right.

Sad indeed...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks masque, I was unaware of that. And yes it does relate to what I was saying. I am protesting, but it most likely won't make a difference. My biggest protest will be in a couple of decades when I move to Europe and relinquish my citizenship in the United States after receiving citizenship elsewhere. Thats my plan, I just want to go somewhere without so much forced stress and conflict.
These politicians along with media in America try to pit us against one another by classifying each individual and putting in legislation designed to make people believe they equal or not equal. I am a white nine-teen year old college student and am able to recognize these type of things, does anyone else?
Also, educated in the public education system. It didn't fail me, but it did a lot of my friends. My protesting the system by not participating doesn't make a big difference and never will probably, so I am not in protest denial like most protestors.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

<< 1   >>

join