It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roll20 Online Virtual Table Top for pen and paper game enthusiasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi, all. I was scrolling through my subscribed threads and found one from Eriktheawful called Back to Basics: Dungeons and Dragons. If you haven't seen the thread, check it out. It's a cool thread.

It reminded me of a site I saw that many people who play pen and paper role playing games would enjoy. It's free to join; although, there are some pay features on it. I haven't had time to really see what's what on the site but it looks cool. From what I've seen, it includes everything a DM or GM needs to create a campaign. It also includes character sheets. Also, the system isn't exclusive to any one game system so fans of Pathfinder or any other game can use it as well. The best thing is that you can play with anyone anywhere in the world.

Roll20 is a suite of easy-to-use digital tools that expand pen-and-paper gameplay. Whether you play online via our virtual tabletop or in person utilizing our character sheet and dice rolling application, Roll20 will save you time and help you focus on enhancing your favorite parts of tabletop gaming.

From the site.

There are a slew of tutorials on youtube on how to make campaigns on the site. Here is one I found informative:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Nice. I am going to look at this. I keep losing my multi sided dice, hopefully they have virtual ones.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
If I'm not mistaken, they have virtual dice as well. If not, I found a dice roller that could come in handy. Dice Roller
That dice roller I posted also has modifiers.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've been trying to get back to table top rpg for the past couple of years and this seems perfect. Much appreciated

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've never used roll20, I've wanted to but never really had a need since we do ours in person and such. But, another exceedingly useful tool is this website: tabletopaudio.com...

I have used it for years, it's fantastic for ambience when playing any type of game, really. Board, tabletop, video, etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PlatypusHerd
I hope it works for you. It looks like it'll take some figuring out but it would be worth it.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You could also try Fantasy Grounds on steam.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot
Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it so I can check it out later. Is it all audio?

The thing I like about Roll20 is that you can build your own map.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat
That looks cool! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah, it's just ambient audio to have while you play. Help with the settings and stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ambiance soundboard! Nice!!

Roll20 and the like seem to have sound effects for actions and spells, not sure about straight ambiance though.

I'm a terrible story teller, but I can run a hack and slash session with the best of them(Adv 2nd edition and 3.5...)!

I work with a few folks that have expressed interest, some vet players and some green and playing by remote session seems to be the best way to connect everyone.

My big excuse is I cant leave my kids alone on weekend nights, the only time I would be able to play. Aside from no DMs in sight!

Ive played around with Dungeon World which is a great system, no charts or graphs needed to reference. Its a quick play with a lean on storytelling. Anyway there is alot of Games on Roll20 for Dungeon World, but none are accepting players.

Would anyone be open to a campaign or a few sessions through Roll20?

top topics

join