It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somebody Explain

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

If "amateur" works, why not? Keep It Simple ...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
from what i heard it was not amateurish at all. the reason we wanted Russia to try and see it with their satellites was actually sorta sophisticated and tipped our hat to yet another ability we have.
edit on 25-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am truly hesitant to say anything here because I know absolutely nothing about aircraft. I am familiar with the military and experimental aircraft because I worked on a Naval Air Base for while, years ago and I was in the Air Force.

A couple of weeks ago I was in South Florida, and just happened to be in a rural area with huge flat open fields, along a dirt road. If was just about dusk, still pretty much light outside.

This object flew over my car and what grabbed my attention was how low in the sky it was, and it was dead silent. It seemed to glide more than fly, and there were two huge lights on the back on each side. The top light on each side pulsed. It didn't flash, it pulsed. I don't have words to explain the difference, it is something you have to see to understand.

The plane itself looked somewhat flat but not like a pancake, and it had two panels that ran the width of the plane from side to side, the only word I can think off to describe them is "spoilers", though that is not what I think they were.

The plane was almost tin foil like in color, and it came and went fairly quickly, but not at an amazing rate of speed. Like I said it was almost like it was floating, but not slow by any means.

It was puzzling because I had never seen anything like it before. It definitely was one of ours and I haven't been able to find anything that looks even remotely similar, when Googleling aircraft images.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Id rather they release it full public then to try to play games with a fake enemy.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Do you think it would be possible to post a quick hand sketched illustration of the craft you saw?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

what part of south florida?

in the south west part of miami they do parachuting and glider flying.

not saying it was a glider but it may have been.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Do you think it would be possible to post a quick hand sketched illustration of the craft you saw?

I agree with Samm here.

It would be helpful to supply a quick sketch. Like for instance the huge lights on the back. Were they facing rear like an engine exhaust or on the ventral side like a pair of downward facing lights or globes? Were these two huge lights the same as the pulsing top lights or two different sets of lights? Estimate of physical size? Can you describe what you mean by flat airplane. Was it a plane with like wings and a fuselage? A Plane that was flat looking more like some flying wing type drone? Can you explain the two "Spoilers" running along the side?

Oh, and about the totally silent thing. I believe you 100% on that one for personal reasons.

Finally, thank you for posting your sighting. I'm sure the other members extend the same sentiment.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

If there's not going to be a war there's no need to build anything so no need to release anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain
a reply to: Zaphod58

Id rather they release it full public then to try to play games with a fake enemy.

Who says we have a fake enemy? I can see strategies outlined in Sun Tzu's manuscripts that both Putin and the US Administration are using. There's more to warfare than direct malice. Often times indirect works better.

Besides sometimes the best defense is a strong intimidating offence.

A tiger has no real defensive weapons, no armor, exposed vulnerable parts, soft fur. And yet, even though I'm flashing this puny stick around I can clearly see that tiger's claws, his fangs, agility. Suddenly I'm rethinking my stance on going after the tiger with this stick. His formidable offensive suite is giving me a moment of pause and self reflection. Now I'm thinking, with mr. tiger, I better sit down and shut up and not piss it off. Which is exactly why nobody messes with the tiger.

America is that tiger. Friendly open boarders, soft infrastructure..... Damned good looks. But holy crap! Have you seen her claws!?! every now and then she unsheathes them, almost nonchalantly, for the would be attacker to see, and they look wicked. No thanks I'll stick to bullying east european nations and leave america and her business alone.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I wish I could.

I tried because I know how folks are on ATS - pics or it didn't happen, but you wouldn't even be able to recognize a circle if I drew it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I was in the area way West and a bit South of West Palm Beach.

Yes, the lights were facing rear like an exhaust. Two on each side, one over top of the other. The ones on top, if I remember correctly, were a bit larger than the ones on the bottom. The ones on the bottom remained steady. The ones on the top, on both sides pulsed.

The spolier type pieces kind of reminded of this, the tall red ones, just the spoilers were much longer, the whole width of the plane, and much further apart, one over the other, and of course they were the same tin foil co!or as the plane.
www.dailycarblog.com...

The plane was very large, but no it huge. Larger than your standard private plane.

edit on 25-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Edit

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Interesting details regarding the exhaust setup. I have a few ideas as to what they were but I'll leave them out of the thread as to not give any unwanted headaches.

The spoilers. That's just weird. From what you're describing it sounds like a pair of bi-plane style stabilizers mounted to the rear of the plane.

can you describe the body style a little better. In terms of what it's wings looked like. Were they delta shaped and fast looking. Glider like being long and strait. Etc...

Also what was the color of the lights? Especially the top ones.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain
a reply to: Badgermole42

Is the reality really this amateurish?

I don't see how showing the planform to a SAT does anything? Thats like a girl flashing her bazonga's for 1 sec just to see a nip slip, but it doesn't tell you about the woman.

How does Hugh Hefner showing up with a new playmate every two months show anything about him?

And, if the woman costs a few gazillion dollars, it might be good to show that you got one and they don't.

Even if the SAT was full IR, and whatever, the best they could do was show that it was producing no IR thru the exhaust or maybe it had a top skin that was "invisible" so they turn on the exhaust heat but the SAT can't see the plane.

Other than that?
edit on 25-1-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe the Sat needed new glasses? Cause we could see it on the ground, but the sat..............

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The lights were bright white. I don't remember seeing any other co!ors and I was looking for the standard flashing red lights, and I was looking for the bright white strobe lights but I didn't see them.

The plane had already passed overhead by the time I saw it. I only really noticed it because of the bright white pulsating light. It made absolute!y no sound. The spoilers were very long, straight and thin, but the only view I had of the plane was from the rear, and the panels/stabilizers/spoilers blocked my view of the complete body of the plane, but it was flat and seem a bit squarish, keeping mind that the spoilers were impeding my view of the actual shape of the plane and its wings.

To be honest I was almost mesmerized by the quietness, the floating look, how close to the ground it came before gaining altitude, and then speeding off, with those bright white lights just pulsating at a slow pace, almost like the pace of the normal heart beat. So I really didn't have time to get a great view of the body of the plane.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join