It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mommy ghosts... My 2 1/2 year old said this to me the other night...guidance please!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
I have a memory of seeing my grandpa in 'a different form' since young (he had passed away)
and some years ago my 5 year old son comes to me and says 'I just saw grandpa' (my father had recently passed away)
I did asked him a few questions & details out of curiosity.... so it does happen!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That's really chilling. I would have been creeped the hell out.

Side note: I mentioned to a friend the other night how I wondered if kids of a certain age could see things that adults couldn't. I remember my nephew laying on the floor and looking at the ceiling while laughing his ass off. When my sister asked what was funny, he said the man on the ceiling was making faces at him.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Here`s a thought. Why don`t you give him a paper block and a pencil and ask him to draw what he sees? Tell him though that he should only do it, if he wishes so and that it is not an obligation. He may find it interesting and fun while you get a better picture with what is going on, whether this just being an imagination and part of the growth process or it is something similar to your own experience.

Stay calm and be patient...good luck!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What do you ask a toddler when it comes to thus subject? How do you question them?

The first and most important thing you realised and wrote already;

It's very important to show empathy, and not deny what ever he saw.

Second thing is to show him, whenever he sees/experience something, that he can come to you. ALWAYS.
Now it's ghosts, in a few years it can be more real and more threatening things.

That's a good basis for a good mom/son relationsship. (and yes i also learned it from negative experience while young).

Then when talking about ghosts (or any other experience); try to ask questions, without pushing your own view on it.
It might be interesting to hear what he says, about all the details.

Maybe make him draw a picture of the ghosts. Kids in general love to draw, and its sometimes easier to draw something, then to talk. Most often a combination of both works; ask questions while he draws.

Try not to show fear. If he realises you are scared, he will be scared as well. Since you are the person he trusts most.

And maybe give him sort of a "wonderweapon", a talisman or so. Just something he can hold on to, that will defend him against ghosts. Does not have to be a real thing, as long as he believes it works, it works. So that could be a teddybear, a feather, a stone, .... anything.

Hope this helps.

Ah, and; keep posting

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
What do you ask a toddler when it comes to thus subject? How do you question them?

Have you taught your child about how the hammer of Thor the mighty will save him from the demons and darklings that dare come near him?
Please be a good parent and tell him the truth, otherwise, I fear for you and your son

As long as you tell him my truth, you have nothing to fear (except darklings) and neither does he (again, except darklings..but then we need to call upon Odin for those suckers).

___
btw, kids do have active imaginations. the fact that he knows the word ghost means he is exposed to the theory behind and of course is now trying to figure out a ghost vs a curtain or just his imagination...may be true of course, but lets start with the reasonable explanations first and go from there

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Have you taught your child about how the blood of Jesus Christ saves him? Please do. He can make a choice for himself whether or not to believe when he's older. But please be a good parent and tell him the truth. Otherwise, I fear for you and your son.

This is what happened to me when I was a toddler: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As long as you tell him the truth, you have nothing to fear and neither does he.

It does indeed save but as a child he is loved by Jesus anyway and it was Jesus who said let the little one's come unto me, now the imagery I agree with Windword would likely cause this child even more fear as it would be incomprehensible to a child whom has not sinned, his ancestors are likely Christian so has it occurred to yourself that since they were of the body of Christ then so is this child his child anyway.

It is better to simply tell the child he has another father in heaven whom is also everyone's father, some children are instinctively drawn to God no matter what a parent explains to them, it is in our adult state that we forget that innocence and how to both love and fear God in the way that only a child can, now fear is a misunderstood concept and probably a mistranslation of the bible as it would be more proper to say be in awe of not terrified by as the fear we feel as adults is not actually terror but rather Guilt turned into terror and fear of being seen for what we have become by our father since as we grow older most of us fall into the corruption's of the flesh and of this world but of course a child is innocent of these thing's and Christ said that only be being as a child may we enter the kingdom of heaven for such is heaven made of, God is the only parent there and the only adult.

Now back to this little one's fear, I suspect that he may actually see something, not all ghosts are bad but if he is afraid of them then maybe a blessing on the house would help so a visit to a local pastor or priest may be advisable though I do not know your religion, maybe some of us here can say a quick prayer for the lord to watch over this little man and keep him safe and I also ask any other whom does pray to spare just a few moment's to ask for you and your child to be protected, if this is granted you may get a smell of lilac of a warm safe feeling though I am no exorcist and have had my own share of spiritual encounters of the dark kind, very nasty indeed.

I am interested as you have said you have experice since your childhood, I shall not pry but will tell you that about the same age as your son I hid under the blankets and tried not to move for fear of the monsters, I saw thing's and had thing's happen as a child and two of my idiot older sisters whom have both grown to be sadly rather evil people played with a uiga board which my mother would never have allowed near our house and one of them said the glass started to move on it's own so they screamed being young teenagers (I was about 4 or 5 at that point if I reckon the time right), threw the glass and smashed it and ran out of the garden shed were they conducted there little experiment, one of there friend's later committed suicide and all the family experience strange and unpleasant effects in that house, effects which seem to have latched onto myself and sapped me most of my life.

Most of my family are actually sensitive anyway and I suggest this may be the case with yourself and your child but it would not hurt to seek a spiritual cleansing of the home for his sake, not all priests really believe though they spout the bible but if you find a good Christian pastor, spiritualist or otherwise they will probably work a good home cleansing and blessing for you.

I wish you safety and protection but must say I personally believe not all spirits even the frightening one's are evil, maybe there is a problem such as your gas or something else they are trying to warn you of but still get that blessing if you can.

May the lord keep you safe and your guardian angel watch over you and your son.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: windword

How could you possibly consider such imagery to be even remotely appropriate to force on a 2 1/2 year old? SMH!

Oh good.

I'm not the only one who thought that was
inappropriate.

Exactly
Thor is a better demigod to call upon in times of strife. he has a hammer.
That is the approprate one in this case

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It seems like people who can sense or see the paranormal have a tendency to run in families. Maybe your paranormal "gift" will also develop with your children. I'm sure it could be a scary thing at first until you can better understand it.

My wife can sense the paranormal, but doesn't want to develop her "gift". Her sister had the same connection. Me, I'm a brick wall, I could probably walk through a party of ghosts and not feel a thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Children can see things that adults cannot.
As we grow older, we develop preconceived and biased filters that shut them out.
One can only wonder at what we miss.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
When I was around 6 or 7, I would hear a whispering voice in my ear say my name, always when I was alone. It scared me every time and I told my Mom, she told me "everybody hears that", and I'm not sure if it was instant or took time, but the voice went away.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
When I was around 6 or 7, I would hear a whispering voice in my ear say my name, always when I was alone. It scared me every time and I told my Mom, she told me "everybody hears that", and I'm not sure if it was instant or took time, but the voice went away.

Kinda agree here. quite often when I am falling asleep, I hear my name being called quite clearly..right at the edge of sleep.

I think its a brain firing off, also a bang sound happens often also when near that awake/asleep line

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How does your son even know the word "Ghosts"?

THAT is what freaked me out most. I don't talk about ghosts in front of him and we don't watch anything with a ghost in it. I saw beings, whatever they were, as a kid. My mother never believed me, told me it wasn't real or I was seeing things. I wasn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The cleansing should help a lot to remove negative ones from coming but I do believe that not all entities are evil. Maybe there really we're ghosts of some sort, try not to feel fear (easier said than done) as your child might pick up your fear and be more susceptible to "evil spirits" and nightmares.

Hang in there, I think it's all normal...creepy for us adults, but normal for toddlers.

I'm not scare of what he sees, I've seen a lot myself esoecuzlly as a young child. I always wondered if i had kids would they see what I Saw? It's a tad hair raising when your child says a word you don't even say around him or discuss in detail. I have experiences myself and sense being or whatever it is. I have never felt negativity. I am usually startled if I see a shadow or my bed corner suddenly sinks in and it gets cool in temp. Those times startle me because it's more than just a feeling.

I want to know what he means by ghosts first. It was just so out of place and character for him. The way he was, he was just calm.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thank you

I've seen spirits and felt them since I was a child. I don't want him to fear what he sees and I want him to tell me about what he sees. My mom wouldn't listen to me. It made me never talk about it until I was an adult! When I found those who understood I didn't feel so closed off about what I saw. I want him to be ok with it, if he is seeing spirits. I don't know where he heard that from.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
. . then maybe a cleansing or house blessing is appropriate, otherwise, no.

BTW -- when I said cleansing - - I just meant Energy Cleansing. You know, sage, positive affirmation, maybe a candle.

I didn't mean a get rid of them type cleansing

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

haha This!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
As some on here know I am no stranger to the paranormal. I've had experiences my entire life. I use to think I was just with most of it until I got older and I felt even more normal after I joined ATS and met many others with similar stories.

I had always wondered if my son would see spirits or things the eye can't normally see. I wondered when it would happen or if at all, well it happened!

I went into his room the other night after he had been in bed for an hour. I thought he was asleep and well he was wide awake but very quiet. He stood up in his crib and put his arms out so I picked him up and we sat on my bed. The next thing he says is "mommy ghosts" and points towards his bed and the Windows. I got chills and asked him again and again he said GHOSTS, and he said it as clear as friggin day! I don't talk about anything like that in front of him and the fact he just kept saying it so calmly made me seriously wonder. So I tried to ask him about it and he just kept saying "ghosts" or "'mommy ghosts." I lied down with him and he snuggled up behind me and buried his head, he then says "ghosts go bye bye."

I didn't question him further because honestly I was slightly freaked out! I know my experiences as a child but I didn't have a mother who believed me, nobody did. I was always told I was imagining it or it wasn't real. I will not do that with my son. If he sees something I will ask about it. I did ask him today about 30 mins ago when we went into the bedroom and he said ghosts again! He said they went bye bye and poInted out the window, chills I had again. When I asked him more questions he just got quiet and wouldn't talk. I will see what he says or does tonight when he does to bed.

I did get some supplies to do a cleansing of the house and room!

perhaps ask about size, colour and communication.

Australian aboriginal people believe that when kids are born they spirtitually pure and they can go in and out of the "next band of existence where they come from" at will. This continues on until about 2-2.5 when they begin to loose this ability as they are weaned off that world and into this one.

This frightens the child as they find it harder and harder to do until they cannot just do it will and are 'locked out.' This is when the tantrums start.

The aboriginal people deal with this just reassuring the child and telling they they will OK and they will be looked after.

Non aboriginal kids do this as well and up until about 4-5 a child can see directly into the next world, the austral world, hence they see spirits beings which to us adults are their invisible friends.

I had this experience when I was a child and while I have scant memory of what the invisible friend looked like I still remember seeing that 'person' and talking to them. I got scolded for this and I was told not to do it any more.

Eventually, through being rebuked a sufficient number of times I began to believe that I was seeing that's that were just figments of my imagination and so I lost the belief in what I saw and no longer saw the invisible friend.

I would suggest your child is definitely seeing something and I think the worst thing you can do is to disbelieve them.

Such young kids are always truthful because they have not experienced the downside of being truthful. Their first experience of this is usually the feeling that goes with being disbelieved, when that event happens.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Normal toddler behaviour. Both my nephews and my son went through this stage. It is a time when there imagination takes leaps and bounds. Making faces out of flowered curtains etc.

[/post]

Stop it, you're talking way to much sense for ATS lol

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

blood of Jesus Christ saves him

Oh dear, a crucifixion tale ....blood savagery and all....fancy brainwashing a toddler with that

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I had a friend that would see all sorts of things when he was young.

Just take it in stride.

There's something with little kids that we don't understand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join