It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designing a Secret Society

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can understand your reluctance.

It is not as if I can offer you accounts and paperwork for these suckers.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Thank you for the suggestion. It is anticipated that the society will definitely adopt a substantial debt relief for new members. I appreciate your suggestion as it is productive and well thought out. Do you (or anyone) have any ideas about how to raise capital to fund society functions and operating expenses? The idea is to not have any member have to pay a dues. The society should be self-sustaining, operating businesses that pay for any expenses. What do you folks think about recruiting over the Internet? I am thinking that the society would be more secure if the admin team only recruited people in person, because "on the Internet no one can tell if you're a dog." The plan in place is person-to-person recruitment and within a geographical boundary. If one of the members move they can start their own cell of the society in their new location, spreading from place to place but still maintaining a personal recruitment style. Another control is to never recruit people who ask to join or seriously imply they want to join as this would indicate that they might be trouble, and indicate that the society's security has been breached. The society would find you, not you finding the society.

Does anyone out there have any other unique and/or interesting ideas? One thing I'm particularly interested in is where and when to meet each other? How can the meetups be done securely? (Keep in mind that the society would not commit crime but still crave as much privacy as it can get). Just because its a secret society doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything illegal going on.

Thinking realistically, what do you think about having intelligence folks as members and/or admins? In certain regions of the world a large percentage of the population is associated with either police/secret-police/intelligence. With such high ratios of the population being involved with such things would it be wise to offer recruitment to them? I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

What kind of traditions would be fun? A nice meal with some wine/beer every month? What do you think? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kittensandpaws

The Society (what I've got so far)

The secret society would not be public (such as the Masons are).
The secret society would be semi-secret (known to exist, but that's about it)
It would have a gathering once per month
There would be no dues
Business startups by members would take a portion of the profits to pay the society's expenses
It would be charitable, but not having charitable status (not tax exempt)
It would be a society that helps out its members with gaining work, and other needs
There would be no illegal activities going on; just because its a secret society doesn't mean its evil
Money would be provided for start-ups (creation of small businesses)
We'd have a beer/wine get-together every quarter -- Yes! Free Beer!

We would have rituals that only members know, regarding funny clothing, and ways to identify members
Aid would be given to help pay off student loans that the members have
There would be secure communication over the Internet between members (high quality encryption)
Research projects - (a non-specific research grant of a thousand euros or more)
Dismissal of anyone who lets the word get out that they are members
Dismissal of anyone who talks to non-members about the goings on of the society

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Free beer?

I'm in.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Brings to mind the Masonic Turtles. It's in no way a Masonic degree recognised, but a 'secret society' drinking club.
It's a fun way with rituals to unwind and chill.
Some people are attracted to exclusivity. It's not the reason I joined Masonary, but some people like a sense of belonging.

I wish you all the best. It could be a fun way to meet people with the same morals and ideas you hold from around the world.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Secret societies are never benevolent, even if they start out with that goal it never stays that way if you accumulate any power or influence you will abuse it little by little.

Secrecy is for cowards and people with shameful practices. Like Freemasonry, does anyone believe anything a mason says?

Not unless they are naive. Freemasonry can't even clearly state what it is. Not a religion or a cult, it's only CALLED a fraternity that excludes women (I wonder why that is? Lol) and does charity. None of that requires secrecy so they probably do unspeakable men only things. 😉

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio
Like Freemasonry, does anyone believe anything a mason says?

I think you are a nice person.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thinking back on this thread, I still say go for it, as long as you don't pull a badselfeater and piss everyone off

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Like Freemasonry, does anyone believe anything a mason says?

I think you are a nice person.

Hey look, a mason!!!

You would not think that if you knew what I thought of the Masons. What are you like a 3rd °?

I don't think any important Masons waste time going on conspiracy forums making snarky remarks because somebody doesn't like their group.

They probably have much more important things to do. Masons are all indoctrinated followers anyway so I don't care what you think.

But thank you for the compliment, I don't know you to return the compliment without it being a lie, I value honesty.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hey look, a mason!!!

Hide the sheep.

You would not think that if you knew what I thought of the Masons.

I am sure I would be devastated to the point that my fragile ego would never recover.

What are you like a 3rd °?

Something like that.

I don't think any important Masons waste time going on conspiracy forums making snarky remarks because somebody doesn't like their group.

Actually, we do. This is one of my paid gigs that was assigned to me from the Disinformation Department.

They probably have much more important things to do. Masons are all indoctrinated followers anyway so I don't care what you think.

Yes you do. Which is why you replied to me and will most likely reply again. You people are very predicable.

But thank you for the compliment, I don't know you to return the compliment without it being a lie, I value honesty.

So now you are saying you can believe what a Mason says. You really need to make up your mind.

Or would you like me to have the RFID chip we implanted do it for you?

edit on 17-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Oh Dear! Looks like network may have to get his baseball bat out yet again

Beer mats/coasters will be needed to soak up all that blood no doubt

Here's some I collected earlier whilst frequenting The Square and Compass pub up the road from mine

Glad to help

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Here's some I collected earlier whilst frequenting The Square and Compass pub up the road from mine

Did you go with the Illuminaughty Ale or the Baby's Blood Stout?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Both and in great quantity ... the rest is a rather a blurr

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

There is a group of people hand selected that call themselves the "Yacht and Motorboat Club of Barmedman"
They are all upper management of big business and government agencies.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I had a look at this site: ritualrites.com when i emailed them it seemed quite interesting. Anyone got any experience of them? a reply to: kittensandpaws

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join