It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders’ Healthcare Plan Will Save Average American Family Nearly $1,200 Per Year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: yesyesyes

Who is trying to take health care from poor people?

The people who want to end Obamacare, which will automatically end funding for tens of millions of subsidized plans.

Republicans basically.

But who cares, poor are scum lol

Why do poor people need a subsidized plan? Why not jut "give" them health care? Let them walk into any hospital and receive treatment free of charge. Why should that be dependent on forcing people to buy insurance at inflated rates?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The people who want to end Obamacare, which will automatically end funding for tens of millions of subsidized plans.

Republicans basically.

Why do poor people need a subsidized plan? Why not jut "give" them health care? Let them walk into any hospital and receive treatment free of charge. Why should that be dependent on forcing people to buy insurance at inflated rates?

Great, lets do that. But until that is in place, the result of repealing Obamacare will be to chuck millions off the roles.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I refuse to participate.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I refuse to participate.

I think people should be free to refuse, I think America should have a public option and a private option where people
can choose to be in or out.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If I am forced to participate, like Obamacare, then it'll be just another tyrant in office.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Great, lets do that. But until that is in place, the result of repealing Obamacare will be to chuck millions off the roles.

They don't need to be on a "role," they need health care. And as long as we have Obamacare, greedy doctors and hospitals will insist on being paid. The first step is to get rid of Obamacare, then let doctors and hospitals give health care to needy people free of charge.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Republicans basically.

I thought we had those programs and they were called Medicaid and Medicare.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Republicans basically.

When Obamacare was forced on the US, millions were kicked off their insurance plans and they had none.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

They don't need to be on a "role," they need health care. And as long as we have Obamacare, greedy doctors and hospitals will insist on being paid. The first step is to get rid of Obamacare, then let doctors and hospitals give health care to needy people free of charge.

Doctors and hospitals will not give healthcare to tens of millions of people for free, if they did, there would have been
no need to pursue Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I refuse to participate.

I think people should be free to refuse, I think America should have a public option and a private option where people

You understand that just by having government in the market as a competitor, it distorts the market, right? People will price to government, not to the consumer or any private entity, and government will always have the deepest pockets meaning in the end, government chokes the market and makes it ludicrously expensive. We already have this issue thanks in part to the government insurance programs that exist.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Doctors and hospitals will not give healthcare to tens of millions of people for free, if they did, there would have been

I knew it! So it's actually doctors and hospitals that are trying to take away health care from poor people. They must be Republicans.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Republicans basically.

When Obamacare was forced on the US, millions were kicked off their insurance plans and they had none.

And most of those people who could pay their premiums, or had restructured insurance after their legacy plans were cancelled.

There are 16 million less uninsured as opposed to 5 years ago, the population of nearly 10 mid western states combined, that is a lot of people.

Do you think America is weakened by having millions more insured?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I knew it! So it's actually doctors and hospitals that are trying to take away health care from poor people. They must be Republicans.

No they are not, conservatives are by using the political process to remove the healthcare people are getting now.

I knew it, you are playing the role! You must be a republican

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I refuse to participate.

You understand that just by having government in the market as a competitor, it distorts the market, right? People will price to government, not to the consumer or any private entity, and government will always have the deepest pockets meaning in the end, government chokes the market and makes it ludicrously expensive. We already have this issue thanks in part to the government insurance programs that exist.

Medicare has been in place for decades and it is administered at around 8% and is comprehensive. Meanwhile private insurance is typically administered between 12-25% and includes steep deductibles and copays.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be easier to say you don't care that millions of people can't afford insurance? lol

I do not get identity politics...
edit on 14-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
No thanks, I work with the VA on almost a daily basis and that's enough foreshadowing for me. A single payer system here would be utter chaos.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
No thanks, I work with the VA on almost a daily basis and that's enough foreshadowing for me. A single payer system here would be utter chaos.

Medicare works fine.

The difference between single payer and the VA, is that the VA administers healthcare, Medicare administers payment and it is more efficient and comprehensive than similar private policies.

Just saying

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Can you treat ongoing medical conditions like cancer this way? You can do organ transplants this way, complete with follow ups? What you're suggesting is like going to the ER with a brain tumor? Not sure how I understand how its supposed to work?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Not a republican, I'm just very anti-slavery. That includes debt slavery to insurance companies as well as the Federal Reserve. It just seems to me that today's democrats are just as pro-slavery as they were 150 years ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The government is extremely inefficient and has no reason to be efficient, considering it has no budget and can write itself blank checks.

Just FYI the reimbursement that the government gives the healthcare industry is not affordable in any sense of the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join