It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Test Results One Year Later After Going Vegan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Well done. Now imagine what if you take full control over your mind and body. Stop drinking alcohol, consume zero processed food and zero sugar. No smoking and I even go beyond that and say, you stop putting any chemicals in your mouth and your skin. I wonder what kind of results will you have.

Try it, but also prepare your self, because after you take control you will see world from different perspective. You will see your loved ones stuck, out of control, indirectly harming them self, you better be ready for this.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

I hear you. I don't drink regularly and I quit tobacco, switching to a vaporizer. I also don't eat much processed junk food either, I just consume that stuff occasionally.

While my mom has completely cured herself of diabetes and arthritis, my father refuses to change his diet. He is an insulin dependent diabetic with peripheral neuropathy, he also has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. So he's taking a host of medication.

I think he's lost his mind. He can clearly see what happened to my mother when she changed her diet, but he doesn't seem to care. He'd rather eat his eggs and ham and drop dead than eat potatoes, beans and pasta.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Why be alive? Geez the good lord made many things, some of which are there to be enjoyed once in a while

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Look up Vitashine D3 if you're worried about it. I only get sunlight a couple days a week so I take D on the other days.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

OP went vegan for a year, so shellfish, lobsters and shrimp
are literally off the table.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I went on a low carb diet, ate only chicken breast and avoided sugar/sweets and increased my vegetable intake for the year. I lost 35 lbs and my doctor was amazed by my numbers. My overall numbers fell. My doctor was impressed how much my glucose level dropped.

I really think increasing vegetable consumption has a direct affect on your health. Reducing your intake of sugar, carbs and red meat also has a big effect.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That's great! Keep going!

I don't want to bum you out but you've got to get your triglycerides under 150 and your HDL above 40 if you're a man and above 50 if you're a woman... otherwise you're still at risk.

I'm still working on this myself.

Avocado's are the highest source of healthy fats and will raise your HDL if you eat half of one everyday. Another big one that has been helpful to me since I live on bread is sprouted grain breads, which are flour-free and low glycimic (I personally think Ezekiel 4:9 varieties are very good and I'm finicky about bread). That should help your triglyceride number come down.

You've already come along really well! You got this

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm not really at any risk. Read the study quote in the OP and the rest of the thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, if you lose weight it's going to have a positive impact on blood sugar and cholesterol levels, but eating meat is still going to keep your total cholesterol above 150, which means an increased risk of heart disease.

Guidelines say 199, but half of people who die of heart attacks have a total cholesterol below that. To get to a point of no increased risk your total needs to be below 150.

edit on 1/14/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is up with the triglicerides in the tests. You would think they would go down.

My good cholesterol was around fifty something when I had it tested and my bad cholesterol was around one eighty I think. I last had it done when I was working construction. I was in good shape.

My glucose level usually is no higher than one twenty after eating and remains in the hundred range. If it drops it drops fast and I get the shakes and lightheaded. I eat a candy bar or some sugar. Every time I test it when it is low, I mess up. When I finally get it I have eaten some sugar already and it is about eighty to eighty five then. I am still shaky. I have hypoglycemia and historically I have either low blood volume or anemia.

I don't make blood that well I guess. So I need a little more sugar with less blood cells I guess. I am trying to up the blood cells and volume by trying some things that they say helps. When my volume is low, I get lightheaded if I stand too quickly and my BP is way different between sitting, standing, and laying. Also I have had tachychardia all my life.

I was told forty years ago I should avoid stress and wild women. Yeah right, the doctor said I probably won't do it after he told me this. That blood making problem was diagnosed around forty eight years ago when I was about twelve and has been rediagnosed a half a dozen times since then. The regulation of my BP has gotten worse, it used to stay around one forty over eighty to eighty five at rest while sitting, it has increased from that now but is actually less now when I lay down. That is weird, but I never said I was not weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
Blood Test Results One Year Later After Going Vegan

Good for you.
If I am going to die in the next moment, which you may well do also!
Anyone can!
I'd rather it be with a burger in my hand and a happy tongue and Gratitude, then rabbit food and self denial in the desperate hopes that I can live forever, only if...

There is a moment in all of our lives when we exhale for the final time!
We can neither avoid this moment, nor bring it closer!
It is what it is!
Until then, we can only be who and what we are!
At the moment, it appears, that you are a vegan!
It's not as if you have any 'choice' in who and what you are, at any moment!
How nice it seems to be working for you, at the moment.
That tequila-lime marinated pork-loin for dinner works well for me!
To each his own.
Somehow, I feel no need to proselytize, I don't really care what you eat (I was vegan for 2 years), but I don't seem to have any 'beliefs' to support.
Proselytizers seem to have 'beliefs' to validate and feed and 'spread', by making 'converts', not unlike religion...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

The problem is that the odds are you aren't going to die with a burger in your hand. Sure, it's possible that you could go on living a perfectly normal life without any issues and suddenly drop dead of a heart attack at age 80. However, that's highly unlikely.

What's more likely is that you develop angina that gives you crushing chest pain every time you exert yourself. Or you develop diabetes and suffer from complications like neuropathy, poor circulation, diabetic gangrene, possible amputations, etc.. Or you could suffer a stroke and end up in a wheelchair unable to move. Or you could suffer a heart blockage that requires open heart surgery, necessitating having your chest cavity cut open with a power saw. Or a host of other issues and complications that stem from eating animal products.

So while it sounds cute to talk about dying with a burger in your hand, God doesn't usually make things so simple. Typically the universe will extract some serious karmic revenge before it finally kills you off. I watched my friend's parents wither away in wheelchairs over the course of a decade, while having to undergo numerous open heart surgeries, before finally keeling over dead.

The goal isn't just to live long. The goal is to live as long as possible with a fit and healthy body.

edit on 1/15/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Why be alive? Geez the good lord made many things, some of which are there to be enjoyed once in a while

You can't see a reason to live without satisfying your mind because you don't control it. That why I said if he goes that road, to control fully mind and body his life will change up and down and blood samples will be his least concern.

And god did not make hamburgers, evil companies Luke McDonald's did. You think they want to help you and are God servants. But all they want is money from your pocket and in that process they ruins life's, especially young lives that are obese from eating crap.

And you think God wants that and created that?
Well yes, if the name of your God is Satan.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist That doesn't really explain me then. I eat a large amount of red meat and I have very low cholesterol. However I eat only 100% grass fed organic beef that is humane raised and killed. Meaning the animal was killed without fear.

I firmly believe all the studies done on red meat have one huge error. They are not accounting for the living standards of the animals used for meat. I believe that the health issues that arise from red meat come from eating meat from animals who were stressed.

The test results you posted show a very small fraction of the larger picture. I do not see results from a CBC or nutrition panel.

edit on 1/15/2016 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

It's great that your healthy and people wilh issues could consider going vegan.

Self control is moderation. abstinence is addiction within itself. Instead the addictive reward is giving yourself a badge everyday for not doing something.

Which isn't bad in itself, just like the drunk who has been abstinent for 20 years. but Wearing that badge and pointing to it comes off as smug.

nice bloodwork. stay humble.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I think the cholesterol scare has some validity for individuals that are consuming more calories than they burn.
The human body metabolizes food differently during calorie deficit since there is no storage requirement for the unused potentially harmful fats.

I'm a fan of Lyle Mcdonald who focuses on cycling ketogenic diets with high carb for muscle building, even he suggests not eating too much fat during the high carb phases of the cycle.

Unfortunately the "better" low carb sources like Tofu, and tuna tend to be quite expensive, and separating egg whites is kind of a pain so I hope Lyle is right, fat and cholesteral metabolism during calorie deficit does not raise serum cholesterol levels.

Lots of studies that back this up.

med.stanford.edu...

STANFORD, Calif. - The case for low-carbohydrate diets is gaining weight. Researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine have completed the largest and longest-ever comparison of four popular diets, and the lowest-carbohydrate Atkins diet came out on top. Of the more than 300 women in the study, those randomly assigned to follow the Atkins diet for a year not only lost more weight than the other participants, but also experienced the most benefits in terms of cholesterol and blood pressure.

The studies that show increased serum cholesterol were using low carb as a "maintenance diet" which is to say much of the time their high cholesterol intake exceeded their bodies burn rate so the "fatstorage" metabolic processes kicked in.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist That doesn't really explain me then. I eat a large amount of red meat and I have very low cholesterol. However I eat only 100% grass fed organic beef that is humane raised and killed. Meaning the animal was killed without fear.

I firmly believe all the studies done on red meat have one huge error. They are not accounting for the living standards of the animals used for meat. I believe that the health issues that arise from red meat come from eating meat from animals who were stressed.

The test results you posted show a very small fraction of the larger picture. I do not see results from a CBC or nutrition panel.

Every person is different when it comes to how high their cholesterol rises when they eat meat. This is why epidemiological studies don't work when it comes to studying the effects of diet and cholesterol. However, you never told us what your cholesterol level actually is. Anything above 150 is going to put you at an increased risk.

edit on 1/15/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The problem is that the odds are you aren't going to die with a burger in your hand. Sure, it's possible that you could go on living a perfectly normal life without any issues and suddenly drop dead of a heart attack at age 80. However, that's highly unlikely.

There are no 'odds'.
The moment in the Universe that I exhale for the final time is already a done deal!
There is not anything anyone can do to alter it!
Or any other moment of Universal existence!

What's more likely is that you develop angina that gives you crushing chest pain every time you exert yourself. Or you develop diabetes and suffer from complications like neuropathy, poor circulation, diabetic gangrene, possible amputations, etc.. Or you could suffer a stroke and end up in a wheelchair unable to move. Or you could suffer a heart blockage that requires open heart surgery, necessitating having your chest cavity cut open with a power saw. Or a host of other issues and complications that stem from eating animal products.

Oh dear, what a self-righteous harbinger of doom!
Would you like to see into YOUR future, Joe Healthy?
I think not...
There is not anything that you can do to change it, either!
And if is die in Pain, again, it's already a done deal!
Not a problem!
I have already experienced the worst that Pain has to offer, and I do not fear it, I do not need to run from it; "In Dolor, Benedictionem ("In Pain, Blessing...), in Benedictionem, Dolor!"
Until then, I live!
And I am enjoying the heck out of my life, much to your, no doubt, chagrin!

So while it sounds cute to talk about dying with a burger in your hand, God doesn't usually make things so simple. Typically the universe will extract some serious karmic revenge before it finally kills you off.

'Judgment Day' (tm)?
Really?
Damn, I thought we were having an intelligent discussion!
"You behave, junior, or God will punish you!" lies mommy, and junior lives his entire life subject to such imaginary nonsense! Fearing that 'Day'!
"If you touch your pee-pee, junior, you'll burn in Hell!" lies mommy, and we grow a fearful, confused, neurotic......

I watched my friend's parents wither away in wheelchairs over the course of a decade, while having to undergo numerous open heart surgeries, before finally keeling over dead.

And from the moment they were born, from the beginning of the Universe, that scene is etched in stone, and could never have been different!
If there is 'Karma', if your 'God' has a 'Judgment Day (tm), I think that your arrogance and holier than thou attitude will hold less weight than the Humility that appears to be lacking!
Haven't you seen the movie?
The irony will kill you! *__-

The goal isn't just to live long. The goal is to live as long as possible with a fit and healthy body.

I'm willing to wait, tell me how it worked out when you are 65! *__-
edit on 17-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You sound just like my father.

So go eat your meat. You've been warned.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You sound just like my father.

So go eat your meat. You've been warned.

So, you admit that I sound like the older and wiser degeneration!
Thank you for the kindness of your caring!
Had a vegan health nut friend once, wanted to live forever... he was run over while jogging home from the health-food store! *__-

edit on 18-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join