It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authors of the Bible: The Greatest Plagiarism Ever Believed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Which one of those gods died as a substitutionary atonement for our sins?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Where you see that the similarities disempowers the whole idea, someone else could see the same similarities actually empower the idea.

Maybe the synchronicities is actually what makes the whole myth true? Sure, we've changed the names many times and Horus has many similarities with Tammuz, which is even older than Egyptians.

Maybe there really was a son of a god that came to earth and did most of these actions although we've forgotten when it happened and his real name. Maybe there really is bad place where souls go and that someone, somehow found a way to break through and that if we believe in the idea that we are sent to "heaven" instead.

There is no sure way to prove what is true, maybe we will know in death but chances are, it's more lies and more manipulation even on the "other side".

I agree with you that religion has kept humanity in the dark ages but I blame mostly the ones that abused of their followers more than religion itself. Even the disillusioned faithful could do good deads as long as their leaders are good.
edit on 14-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ah yes!! Another "Copycat" theory thread, make its appearance again. You are a bit late. Normally you should post that kind of stuff before "Christmas". But, since you are 100% sure about your claims take the "zeitgeist-Challenge" and win $1000. You have nothing to fear. The link is here :" Zeitgeist-Challenge

~ Who was born by a mortal virgin mother and had a divine Father, and was known as the "Saviour of the world"? The name was 'Hercules' the Roman name for the Greek divine hero Heracles.

Really ? Savior of the world ?. Here is some more info :

Heracles (Latin: Hercules) is the son of the god Zeus and Alcmene. His gift was fabulous strength; he strangled two serpents in his cradle, and killed a lion before manhood. Heracles' main antagonist was Hera. She eventually drove him mad, during which time he killed his own children and his brother's. He was so grieved upon recovery that he exiled himself and consulted the oracle of Apollo. The oracle told him to perform twelve labors

1. Kill the lion of Nemea. He strangled it without further ado.
2. Kill the nine-headed Hydra. Two new heads would grow on the Hydra from each fresh wound, and one was immortal. Heracles burned the eight and put the immortal one under a rock.
3. Capture the Ceryneian Hind. After running after it for many months, he finally trapped it.
4. Kill the wild boar of Erymanthus. A wild battle, but pretty straightforward: Heracles won.
5. Clean the Augean Stables of King Augeas. He succeeded only by diverting a nearby river to wash the muck away.
6. Kill the carnivorous birds of Stymphalis.
7. Capture the wild bull of Crete.
8. Capture the man-eating mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, the queen of the Amazons (not all that easy, actually).
10. Capture the oxen of Geryon.
11.Take the golden apples from the garden of the Hesperides, which was always guarded by the dragon Ladon. Heracles tricked Atlas into getting he apples by offering to hold the Earth for Atlas. When he returned with the apples, Heracles asked him to take the Earth for a moment so he could go get a pillow for his aching shoulders. Atlas did so, and Heracles left with his apples.
12. Bring Cerberus, the three-headed dog of Hades, to the surface world.

Encyclopedia Mythica

Concerning his birth is worth mentioning :

Heracles was the son of the affair Zeus had with the mortal woman Alcmene. Zeus made love to her after disguising himself as her husband, Amphitryon, home early from war (Amphitryon did return later the same night, and Alcmene became pregnant with his son at the same time, a case of heteropaternal superfecundation, where a woman carries twins sired by different fathers).[14] Thus, Heracles' very existence proved at least one of Zeus' many illicit affairs, and Hera often conspired against Zeus' mortal offspring as revenge for her husband's infidelities. His twin mortal brother, son of Amphitryon, was Iphicles, father of Heracles' charioteer Iolaus.

Heracles

The true Saviour who wanted to help and save the sinful humans, by sacrificing himself. But he was willing to do this, out of love, pity and compassion for the humans. The name was 'Prometheus'.

Since you mention Prometheus, did you knew that it was Hercules that rescued him ?

Hesiod's Theogony and Aeschylus' Prometheus Unbound both tell that Heracles shot and killed the eagle that tortured Prometheus (which was his punishment by Zeus for stealing fire from the gods and giving it to mortals). Heracles freed the Titan from his chains and his torments. Prometheus then made predictions regarding further deeds of Heracles.

Heracles

As for the other claims on your OP there are many threads on ATS discussing that stuff to Ad nauseam. Anyway, wishing you good luck.

Regards

Seed

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Trust, ye saints, your Lord restored,
Trust ye in your risen Lord;
For the pains which Tammuz endured
Our salvation have procured.
Tammuz was crucified as an atonement offering: “Trust ye in God, for out of his loins salvation has come unto us.” Julius Firmicus speaks of this God rising from the dead for the salvation of the world. This saviour which long preceded the advent of Christ, filled the same role in sacred history.

400BC

Lo! streaming from the fatal tree
His all atoning blood,
Is this the Infinite?—Yes, ’tis he,
Prometheus, and a god!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
And veil his glories in,
When God, the great Prometheus, died
For man the creature’s sin.

800BC

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks for replying. Where did you get those quotes?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Nope, the only thing they shared in common are "virgin" births, both with a completely different background. In fact, Isis hardly had a virgin birth.

Isis was a virgin, traditionally, just like Mary was. It's mythology! Anything can and does happen in mythology. Trying to "rape" Isis with an alleged dildo is a cheap Christian tactic to discredit a rival goddess.

Here's an Egyptian inscription from the Temple of Luxor depicting a nativity scene of a virgin birth, mirrored in an "As above so below" template of Isis, the perpetual virgin mother, and the birth of Pharaoh Amenhept III that dates from the 14th century BCE, 1390-1352 BCE! Pharaohs were considered divinity and were the representatives of Horus, on earth.

Here we a have a depiction of the God Thoth telling the Pharaoh Amenhept II, that his wife is miraculously pregnant, very similar to the story of the angel telling Joseph that is wife to be, Mary, is miraculously pregnant with a divine child.

She then fashioned a replacement for Osiris' missing penis,

This is inconsistant with the Pyramid texts, and is interpolation. There was no magical dildo involved in the conception of Horus.

Here's an image from the Temple of Isis that depicts the conception of Horus. Isis is hovering above in the form of a hawk. There's no phallus, fake or real, involved in the ritual.

Magical birds don't need dildos.

PLATE XIV.
The Procreation of Horus, son of Isis.

Details of the engagement are wanting, but the Pyramid Texts state that the body of Osiris was hurled to the ground by Set at a place called Netat, which seems to have been near Abydos.

1 The news of the death of Osiris was brought to Isis, and she at once set out to find his body. All legends agree in saying that she took the form of a bird, and that she flew about unceasingly, going hither and thither, and uttering wailing cries of grief. At length she found the body, and with a piercing cry she alighted on the ground. The Pyramid Texts say that Nephthys was with her that "Isis came, Nephthys came, the one on the right side, the other on the left side, one in the form of a Hat bird, the other in the form of a Tchert bird, and they found Osiris thrown on the ground in Netat by his brother Set." The late form of the legend goes on to say that Isis fanned the body with her feathers, and produced air, and that at length she caused the inert members of Osiris to move, and drew from him his essence, wherefrom she produced her child Horus.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Okay? No fashioned phallus! Causing the inert members, plural, to move, she drew his essence. Magic! Not a sexual act!

The essence of Osiris, through Thoth's magic, entered Isis to be reborn as Horus. Horus was not a genetic child produced through chromasonal donation.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Thanks for replying. Where did you get those quotes?

In the link in my previous post. Don't know that I agree with the whole article, but they make some valid points.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks, I'll check it out and get back to the thread later.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Your condemnation of Christianity and religion remains superficial, like a little kid who has discovered Santa doesn't exist and wants to proclaim it to the world. But your criticisms betray your lack of knowledge about the whole issue. If you actually want to learn what some of the deeper issues are and argue with some sense of knowledge about the subject, I might suggest Albert Schweizer's The Quest of the Historical Jesus originally published in 1906 and still unequaled.

Another excellent example of real theological research is John Meier's four volume set called A Marginal Jew: rethinking the historical Jesus.

If either of the above is too intimidating for you or the words are too big there is John Dominic Crossan's The Historical Jesus; the life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant that won't take you months to read, or even David Strauss' The Life of Jesus critically examined.

For something a little more fun try The Five Gospels; what did Jesus really say? by Robert Funk, et. al of "The Jesus Project.

In all of these you will find theological scholars who do not buy everything in the Bible and who critically examine what really happened back then. For an interesting read on the role of mythology in human history (and why taking it literally is rather stupid) you can't beat The Golden Bough; a study in comparative religion by James Frasier. The 1906-1915 edition is in 12 volumes, but there are a few one volume abridged editions available.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Oh great more zeitgeist crap!

It is easy to BS you. How old are you? 12?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The evidence of a long day or night recorded by folk stories from around the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Okay? No fashioned phallus! Causing the inert members, plural, to move, she drew his essence. Magic! Not a sexual act!

The essence of Osiris, through Thoth's magic, entered Isis to be reborn as Horus. Horus was not a genetic child produced through chromasonal donation.

Maybe that's how you interpret it.

Here's what the pyramid texts say:

Thy sister Isis cometh to thee rejoicing in her love for thee. 2 Thou hast union with her, thy seed entereth her. She conceiveth in the form of the star Septet (Sothis). Horus-Sept issueth from thee in the form of Horus, dweller in the star Septet.

link

At this point we are splitting hairs. If it isn't obvious to you yet that the story of Isis is nothing like the story of Mary, I refer you to this websites motto.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Prometheus
Horus
Dionysus
Mithra

Nearly half of the gods listed in the OP died for the sins of humanity.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Ah yes!! Another "Copycat" theory thread, make its appearance again. You are a bit late. Normally you should post that kind of stuff before "Christmas". But, since you are 100% sure about your claims take the "zeitgeist-Challenge" and win $1000. You have nothing to fear. The link is here :" Zeitgeist-Challenge

Yeah that site looks legit....

In the unlikely event of a winner you will be paid via Paypal.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thy sister Isis cometh to thee rejoicing in her love for thee. 2 Thou hast union with her, thy seed entereth her. She conceiveth in the form of the star Septet (Sothis). Horus-Sept issueth from thee in the form of Horus, dweller in the star Septet.

Osiris' "seed", as in sperm, did NOT enter Isis. Can a dead man's sperm get a bird pregnant? The translation is NOT "seed", it's "essence". Big Difference. We're talking about a magical event. Just like the magic that supposedly cause Mary to conceive a man/god.

If you can't see the similarities in the images of the bird hovering over Osiris, and the "holy spirit" that hovered over, and entered Mary, getting her pregnant, then I refer to this site's motto............

It's willful ignorance on your part, at this point, and the "raping" of Isis is nothing more that a cheap subterfuge Christians deploy to deflect from people noticing the mythology that they borrowed from "out of Egypt".

edit on 14-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

In all of these you will find theological scholars who do not buy everything in the Bible and who critically examine what really happened back then. For an interesting read on the role of mythology in human history (and why taking it literally is rather stupid) you can't beat The Golden Bough; a study in comparative religion by James Frasier. The 1906-1915 edition is in 12 volumes, but there are a few one volume abridged editions available.

I read the abridged version of this many years ago. I highly recommend it. Yes, it's a bit dry, but it's worth the hundreds of pages if one will stick with it.

Your condemnation of Christianity and religion remains superficial, like a little kid who has discovered Santa doesn't exist and wants to proclaim it to the world. But your criticisms betray your lack of knowledge about the whole issue.

I'm not so sure I see the point in going any deeper Schuyler. Few on either side of this discussion have read any of the works you mention, and while the OP may be "superficial" or surface, it still addresses one of the core issues from my perspective. Why delve any deeper if we can't get past the initial evidence against a literal interpretation of the bible. "God said it. I believe it. That settles it." There is no deeper discussion to be had with that person. No amount of historical or philosophical understanding of the issue is going to make any difference unless you can also get Christians to read those same works with an open mind. Which isn't going to happen en masse.

Anyone reading even the abridged version of The Golden Bough isn't gonna stick with it unless they really want to learn something about religious history, magic, divine kingships, religious categorization, and why the author places the many religions in 3(I think) categories. Most Christians will find it distasteful, and some insulting. Whatever, I understand what you're saying, but I think you're being a little tough on the OP.

edit on 1/14/2016 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Osiris' "seed", as in sperm, did NOT enter Isis. Can a dead man's sperm get a bird pregnant? The translation is NOT "seed", it's "essence".

You do realize that my quote about the "seed" is from YOUR source just a little further down the page from quote about "essence".

The difference is that my quote came from the pyramid texts themselves whereas yours were just the authors words mentioning a "late form of the legend". Maybe you can find an actual text from the pyramids that describes what you believe?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thousands of clay tablets written a language known as Akkadian which were discovered in the 19th century in the library of King Ashurbanipal. When translated they contained to have laws, administrative matters, and religion. It was shocking at the time that the religious writing very closely resembled Christianity's accounts throughout its Bible.

Does the Genesis creation account come from the Babylonian Enuma Elish?

I am a Tiamatian by the way. Tiamat was sacrificed/murdered/defeated to become the Earth Mother Goddess. And even these stories were quite ancient when they were written on the fresh clay.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Tindalos2013 because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Maybe you can find an actual text from the pyramids that describes what you believe?

“I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; no mortal man hath ever me unveiled. The fruit which I have brought forth is the sun."

Look, there is no Egyptian theology that has Isis using a dildo to impregnate herself. All the twisting of pyramid scriptures and interpolating of the story is done to RAPE and discredit the goddess of a competing religion! You fell, hook, line and sinker for the ploy, and in fact you are now zealously promoting the fallacy.

Isis was a virgin. PERIOD.

The "veil" is her virginity. Her fruit, being the sun, is not a fruit that emerges through sexual intercourse and sperm.

The Virgin birth of a Divine Child, The Star, The Bird, The imagery of the the Nativity, the 3 Kings bringing gifts....It's the same mythology....all "Out of Egypt".

Here's Isis and baby Horus receiving gifts.

Here's Horus receiving gifts

Compare Isis and Mary

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

“I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; no mortal man hath ever me unveiled. The fruit which I have brought forth is the sun."

Was Osiris a mortal man?

I'm not sure what "3 kings" you are talking about regarding Jesus's birth. Maybe there is a bible scripture that you can point me to.

Besides, I'm sure that mothers receiving gifts for their child isn't all that uncommon. I don't think that is proof of anything, if it is -then my mother is the equivalent of Mary or Isis and I might as well be Horus or Jesus.

And the last photo that tries to depict similarities between Mary and Isis; I have a picture like that with my mom where I'm sitting on her lap.

Holy sh##! I must be the reincanation of Jesus/Horus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join