It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton’s attacks produce windfall of campaign cash for Sanders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Clinton’s attacks produce windfall of campaign cash for Sanders

Hillary Clinton’s new barrage against Bernie Sanders, the Democratic presidential primary opponent she has all but ignored through most of her campaign, is having an effect — though probably not the one she intended.

Sanders’s underdog campaign said it is seeing a surge of contributions as a direct result of the new attention it is getting from the Democratic front-runner, with money coming in at a clip nearly four times the average daily rate reported in the last quarter of 2015.

“As of now, we are at about $1.4 million raised since yesterday when the panic attacks by the Clinton campaign began,” Briggs said. “We’ve gotten 47,000 contributions. We’re projecting 60,000 donations. Even for our people-powered campaign, this is pretty darn impressive.”

HA! I think that Hillary is starting to feel the BERN! You see, Hillary hasn't realized yet that we Bernie supporters have seen through her facade and we aren't going to be fooled by her petty political attacks. Coupled with Bernie starting to close in on Hillary in the polls, Hillary may be starting to sweat. But it's only the Bern!

And how awesome would it be if Hillary pulls a repeat of 2008? She's all but guaranteed to win the election, then a nobody comes out of left field and snakes the victory from her.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
And how awesome would it be if Hillary pulls a repeat of 2008? She's all but guaranteed to win the election, then a nobody comes out of left field and snakes the victory from her.

I would laugh until I broke all my ribs.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Heck, I'm laughing just contemplating the scenario, and the fact that it keeps getting more and more likely as we inch closer and closer to the primaries is just making it more humorous. Maybe I should keep my laughter in check though. Don't want to get my hopes up and then she ends up winning.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe people got pissed hearing Chelsea Clinton's criticisms and wanted to donate to the ole' Berner out of spite

That bureaucratic little twit reminds us all that Hillary is ugly inside and out, and her legacy includes being a total sellout and hypocritical slimeball- little Chels was indoctrinated into this world, probably thinking of her mother as a Saint, or being willfully ignorant due to all of the special privelige she's received because of her mother and father..
edit on 14-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Personally I still think Mr. Sanders is going to get the Mr. Paul treatment but it would make me injure myself cackling at her if it were the opposite.

edit on 14-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Deja vu, Hillary?

I doubled my normal contribution to Bernie this month and these B.S. attacks by Hillary are exactly why I did it!

Go Bernie!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Personally I still think Mr. Sanders is going to get the Mr. Paul treatment but it would make me injure myself cackling at her if it were the opposite.

I'm a little wary of that still too myself. Though I read recently that Bernie currently has more support than Paul did at this point in the 2012 election. I need to go find the source though...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well Mr. Shot...we agree! I happily applied my 1st flag and star to this one.

Hillary is getting just rewards. I will relish her defeat by the Bern.

Chelsea coming out in her Bernie attack add had to be the straw.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I saw "Citizens United", a conservative group is suing for Chelsea Clinton's emails now too - that won't be good for Hill

www.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Well Mr. Shot...we agree! I happily applied my 1st flag and star to this one.

Hillary is getting just rewards. I will relish her defeat by the Bern.

Chelsea coming out in her Bernie attack add had to be the straw.

Crossing partisan divides to celebrate the downfall of a corrupt politician neither side wanted.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Those of you Sanders supporters who don't really know what the Clintons are capable of...need to be very concerned about what she might do next. She will not go gracefully into the night.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What Did You Say, I'm Unelectable?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's so funny to me that the media and critics can say Bernie is unelectable when Hillary's track record is riddled with lie after lie after lie... if anything She should be "unelectable", but is doing as well as she is because the media is effective and Hillary is actually good at lying and being snaky (sadly, yes that's helpful in her situation).

She's such a goon, I am amazed to see how many supporters she has as is

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Don't forget:
Marijuana | Legalize it | Opposed until recently, now for legal medical | pretty much still opposed

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A big part of it is that the establishment Democrats are still using the old methods of politics. They don't seem to fully embrace the fact that voters today have access to more information than at any point n history. Telling one group one thing while saying another thing to another group simply doesn't work anymore.

I'm pointing that out because Chelsea Clinton recently jumped in and had some incendiary things to say about Bernie's health care proposals. These things turned out to be false. This is a catastrophic blunder for Hillary because she had her famous "Shame on you" rant against then-Senator Obama in 2008 specifically to call out Democrats who attack other Democrats on universal health care!

It's this type of crap that reminds many of us that we simply can't afford to have her as the candidate. Like I've said plenty of times on ATS, the left wing knows her well. She & Bill have been in power since at least the 1970s when Bill was the Governor of Arkansas. But many of us simply reject her and the "lesser of 2 evils" crap she personifies. But the Democratic powerbrokers are her allies, which makes it an uphill battle for anyone opposing her/them.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

nice - that's another good one to add to the list.

It's all about keeping the money coming and keeping the people in the dark. She's been good at both of those - looks like her river of slime may be starting to dry up a bit

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
dbl post

edit on 14-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
What Did You Say, I'm Unelectable?

Yup. I REALLY hope he gets the nomination.

Then it will be a slam, dunk, and Cruz (who will get the GOP nomination) will win.

Go, Bernie!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yea, one of the things I've always disliked about her is that she is willing to adopt whatever political opinion necessary to get the most support. That alone shows that she doesn't have conviction to her causes. Her stance on marijuana and gay rights really drove that point home to me. She was vocally against them until it became politically convenient to change her mind, and she's STILL not totally convinced about marijuana. But, I bet given enough time she'll come around to legalization. Let a few more states fully legalize first. Watch.

Heck, I remember when she moved to New York at the end of Bill's Presidency. She actually told the press that it wasn't to get away from Bill and his controversy but to make sure she would be qualified to run in the New York Senate race when Bill left office. I was in like 7th grade at the time and even THEN I found that overly shady and wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

On some of the left wing sites, users call her campaign "Campaign Weather Vane" because of that. She doesn't seem to have an opinion on anything until she runs a focus group or sees enough polls that justify a set position. Ironically, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing if you're just a part of someone else's team. But I think it's horrible if you're supposed to be the actual "leader".

<<   2 >>

join