It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2016)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi all,
Just a lurker passing by. I have been looking at the pic from Gortex's great thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And found this interesting 'rock' in the Naukluft Plateau near Mount Sharp. To me it looks metallic, like thin sheet metal partially buried. I guess it's just a play of shadows or something but i found it interesting.

You should go over to Gortex's thread and have a look at the full size image. If nothing else it's a fascinating picture to look at.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift .

There are several other rock shapes in the larger image to the left of the "5" that suggest other kinds of once living things.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
thanks Armap for the pointer...search didnt show this thread.

I wanted to take a breather from US politics...

found this interesting "thingy" or a weird rock at least.

Sol 1384

At first glance...it resembles a bone...notice the distinct whiteness of the object...compared to the rest of the surrounding.

Also...on the original image...on the right side of the object there are some whitish ridges protruding from the sand. As if some remains of the skelet. But it's iffy...

edit on 14-7-2016 by MarioOnTheFly because: added second pic

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: krossis

I missed that pic....looking at it now...it's an interesting feature. Actually...there is more on that pic...though I dare not say what I see.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Just came across this sand-colored feature (top-right), imaged by MAHLI on sol 1411:

Source images: 01 | 02

It's a close-up image of this rock and probably something of geological nature rather than biological (feldspar?) or are those just brush marks? I couldn't find any further details and thought I'd post it here for those who keep track of Curiosity's activities.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Noteworthy feature (bottom-right) in a recent MAHLI image:

(Source image)

Certainly looks interesting to me, if it's not of geological origin then it must be ... oh well, you be the judge!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

*a irksome, yet very definite portal reasserts itself ,small undulations ripple and flex into the soup *

I seem to remember having a discussion about these marks, not here though .. and by the looks of it, discussion has faded into some peculiar political mist, that seems to have poured itself all over this site... hmmm

*SNIP*

edit on 2-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: funboxist
*SNIP*

Regarding my musings a few posts further up, I had to stand corrected since the "swirls" were actually caused by the dust-removal tool (DRT), although unlike any other DRT scratches we've seen so far (did a thread on that a while ago).

There's some other interesting stuff in there, but nothing sufficiently odd to be earth-shaking according to the general consensus in that thread.
edit on 2-10-2016 by jeep3r because: formatting & text

edit on 2-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I miss this thread... Why users stop posting things here?

1492ML0075080340603708E01_DXXX.jpg

Looks to me like a cave entrance or like child fort, with 3 sticks in the corners of the entrance and a rabbit draw in one rock.

1523MR0077620020204757E01_DXXX.jpg

Round rock with inscriptions, looks like roman numbers.

1523MR0077620030204758E01_DXXX.jpg

I'ts like the statue of a baby.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Clonevandal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 6/12/16 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

hmmm ... drip drip

New analysis from NASA's Mars Curiosity rover shows that the red planet is likely flush with organics.
"I am convinced that organics are all over Mars," said Jennifer Eigenbrode, a biogeochemist and geologist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.

"They're all over the surface and they're probably through the rock record. What that means is something we'll have to talk about," Eigenbrode said last week during a National Academy of Sciences workshop about the search for life beyond Earth.

www.space.com...

edit on 17-12-2016 by dinmetrical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dinmetrical

An official source would be nice.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dinmetrical
No reason for this post to remain.
edit on 17/12/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

has there not been an article on Euronews yet ? how peculiar, but I don't have a link from them ... or do you have a list of site's which you deem reputable

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ill not be too obstreperous just yet *winks at J*

your source

science.gsfc.nasa.gov...

unless she's lying of course

edit on 17-12-2016 by dinmetrical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinmetrical
your source

Alleged source.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

ill sure you'll be keeping an eye out for confirmation

the quotes seem to be a little too comprehendible for something that was blurted out at the Christmas office party, or has it come to a point where information is just being completely made up ?

tic tic

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinmetrical

ill sure you'll be keeping an eye out for confirmation

the quotes seem to be a little too comprehendible for something that was blurted out at the Christmas office party, or has it come to a point where information is just being completely made up ?

tic tic

Said at the workshop guess her opinion but if she is convinced I am sure there must be good reason.

"I am convinced that organics are all over Mars," said Jennifer Eigenbrode, a biogeochemist and geologist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
Source: us.pressfrom.com...

us.pressfrom.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

nice find , is that official enough for ArMaP though ?

maybe she knows something more about the methane spikes than we do , so little has been said since they were detected o so long back

I really despise long drawn out storey lines, with ever slowing and mundane plot twists

but a least the drills busted , they might just reach the top of mount sharp, for some exploration and photography now

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join