It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2016)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For those of you keeping track, this is rock Number 5:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ehm.. what are we looking at exactly? Where is this anomaly
A reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Eh, whats that now?

You're a member here long enough you know that your OP isnt good enough

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Is it the rock that looks vaguely like a helmet with two eyes?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I know the rock in the OP, there is nothing ambiguous about it. Just a very dry rock like the rest of the surrounding area that is full of rocks shrinking and splitting and disintegrating over millions of years.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I know the rock in the OP, there is nothing ambiguous about it. Just a very dry rock like the rest of the surrounding area that is full of rocks shrinking and splitting and disintegrating over millions of years.

Well, sure. But certain objects of different materials and densities disintegrate at different rates, exposing some and covering others. I'm not saying for sure that this absolutely is a petrified or fossilized worm or anything. It's just something that caught my eye as something that could possibly be a petrified worm and might be proven to be that if the rover actually took the time to explore it further. Which it isn't going to do.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Are you telling me that I am supposed to find the rock that looks like a fossilized worm in that landscape?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The only thing jumping out at me is something gold coloured , Bottom right about 4 inches up about 3 inches in from the right sticking out from a rock

edit on 14/1/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Well, sure. But certain objects of different materials and densities disintegrate at different rates, exposing some and covering others. I'm not saying for sure that this absolutely is a petrified or fossilized worm or anything. It's just something that caught my eye as something that could possibly be a petrified worm and might be proven to be that if the rover actually took the time to explore it further. Which it isn't going to do.

In that case, Curiosity or yourself didn't spot the number 6 on it!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How big is this "rock" ?

I'm guessing it's tiny based on the bit of curiosity's shadow ?

If scale wasn't issue I could say it looks like a destroyed egyptian like city half buried by the desert

I can also make out a fish fossil

None of it matters though when we have no scale to go off and it's most likely nothing but rocks

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You guys don't see the #5 in the middle of that rock? Not sayin it isn't coincidence but it sure as hell looks like that is rock number 5.

Ps... Haven't we seen this somewhere before? Hahaha

Silly NASA... Tricks are for kids!
edit on 14-1-2016 by wastedown because: Cuz I wanted to

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Here it is, enlarged and animated so you can see it. I generally don't like to enlarge stuff because it adds image processing artifacts. It's small. The size of a little worm. Pretty close to the middle of the image on a rock.

There are several other rock shapes in the larger image to the left of the "5" that suggest other kinds of once living things.

I generally don't look for skulls or pyramids or space ship parts. I'm looking for small things that have patterns to them, symmetrical or segmented, fractal spirals perhaps, that look like they could have been alive at one point. And they'll probably be pretty small, because any harsh environment like the one on Mars that might have once allowed that kind of simple life to grow and evolve will likely keep them small. Little sea creatures, shells, and crawly things.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yep... that is indeed a rock. Good find. I'm impressed.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I thought we had determined that the rovers are on Devon Island, not Mars. Fish fossils would make more sense there.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
Ehm.. what are we looking at exactly? Where is this anomaly
A reply to: Blue Shift

You might like to have a look at the long narrow rectangular 'slab in the lower right,' the extension of it to the left and the groves or slots in the rock. How did they come to be their?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: heterodox
Yep... that is indeed a rock. Good find. I'm impressed.

Did I say that it was anything else? I wish I could say that I was equally impressed with your reading comprehension skills.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ah that clears things up.
The problem for me is that the resolution is not high enough for me to make out anything so small. When zooming in the image becomes too pixelated.
But thanks for posting. I appreciate the effort people put in scouring images looking for patterns or anomalies as you put it. I remember being in awe when someone on here posted a Mars pic with something that looked like a fossilised skeleton. Too bad it was just rock but it was a magical moment non the less.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That is the trouble with Mars, too many rocks...

a reply to: z00mster

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sometimes the rocks are shiny with rounded tops and 90 degree bends

a reply to: z00mster

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzDengue

Just curious, where did you get the "16 inches tall"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join