It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Athens TN 1946 USA Citizen led Rebellion against Tyrannical Gov.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: awareness10

This was one of those unique things where you have the Vets, 10% of the population, return home to find things have changed. And what really sets them off is being harassed while they drink. Never mess with Vets and their beer. And of course they had the key to National Guard Armory so they could get some real weapons and make a move. The sad part to this story is they were out of office within a couple years and the Republicans and Democrats back in.

I think anyone would be offset while drinking though, Vets deserve their beer, they earned it defending America. Yes they did have access to real weaponry and i'm glad they did. They are and were the defenders of this land i agree. The real defenders of the United States of America had better stand up now before the Freedom to do so will no longer exist. People may mock now but, they easily forget, it's all been done before...

Well this was a unique circumstance and the local power was extremely out of control. It in no way relates to anything beyond that. And the fact it fell apart and the old powers were back with in a couple years makes for a depressing outcome.

I don't think this is unique at all. I think of the Federal government as Athens X 10,000. An entrenched beuracracy being bribed hand over fist by the big banks and multinationals. We no longer have a representative government, one need look no farther than the 2000 appointment of GWBush as President by the Supreme Court. Then they blessed us with electronic voting made to order for fraud . Federal government has become so large and so concerned with self-preservation the needs of the people are forgotten. The people of Athens were brave enough to do the right thing. I fear there aren't enough Americans of that caliber and fortitude any more.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

This was one of those unique things where you have the Vets, 10% of the population, return home to find things have changed. And what really sets them off is being harassed while they drink. Never mess with Vets and their beer. And of course they had the key to National Guard Armory so they could get some real weapons and make a move. The sad part to this story is they were out of office within a couple years and the Republicans and Democrats back in.

I think anyone would be offset while drinking though, Vets deserve their beer, they earned it defending America. Yes they did have access to real weaponry and i'm glad they did. They are and were the defenders of this land i agree. The real defenders of the United States of America had better stand up now before the Freedom to do so will no longer exist. People may mock now but, they easily forget, it's all been done before...

Well this was a unique circumstance and the local power was extremely out of control. It in no way relates to anything beyond that. And the fact it fell apart and the old powers were back with in a couple years makes for a depressing outcome.

Yes, it was another time, but the last of it's kind. One i doubt will ever happen again ex the Civil wars North vs South. I agree though, it is depressing because people now wouldn't know what to do if it occurred on a large scale. It's covert now, ex. The art of War. fighting the enemy within, but people wouldn't recognise it nowadays in our PC preserved way of life, sadly.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: awareness10

I'm surprised more people haven't responded to this to be honest,

Not me. Haven't you noticed?

Like the US is bombing the world, behaving like the NAZI's…

who cares?

We all have to care about something don't we?

I'm not personally bombing the world are you? People have to stop talking like they're personally responsible for sh*t like that. It's the crackheads in power using your money, everyone's money 'aka taxes' to do this. Until people figure out a way to change it, it ain't gonna happen. And singing Kumbaya won't work, if it did the world would have become a PEACE HAVEN a loooong time ago, right?

The USA like other countries has done some terrible things, great crimes against Humanity. And until Humanity takes the Bull by the horns and does something to stop it, it will continue. No one can single handedly stop this unless they're god like, jesus christ or satan. People are the Victims you cannot blame millions of suppressed brainwashed people who baaaaa at every turn for this. The perpetrators are to blame for tricking and deluding the populace through covert means creating this herd mentality.
edit on 1/22/2016 by awareness10 because: # happens

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I said who cares meaning the most of the populace. I care and I know you do too. Thats why I are here.

But about populaces, the wars that have been fought in the last century clearly show there is no respect of persons. The Germans and Japanese cities were leveled, untold numbers of civilians carpet bombed, firebombed, nuked even, because at the time it was considered they kept working at the factories and producing the armaments that continued the conflict. They also thought they would complain to the leaders so much as in revolt, maybe they would overthrow their own governments as a result, and that didn't happen either.

Believe me when the time comes the same sort of ally base will form out there amongst nations to overthrow the US government, American people won't be worth anything then, either.

Because we didn't try and stop our government from trying to conquer the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

np i understand.

The only thing left is knowing what to do about it. People have talked about the problem forever, but the solution seems far off. There is little hope left on finding a real solution suitable for all who live and share this planet. Meanwhile the circle continues to rotate offering nothing real, this is reality of it i'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I'm afraid too. Afraid that people will stop holding the evidence up to scrutiny and exposing the lies.

A house of cards collapses easily, all their manufactured crisis and justification for endless war is contrived from lies.

All we have to do is keep pointing that out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join