It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning Powerball Tickets Sold in At Least 3 States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Full title from ABC News:

Winning Powerball Tickets Sold in at Least 3 States for Nearly $1.6B Jackpot

Link: abcnews.go.com...

The winning numbers were 8, 27, 34, 4, 19 and the Powerball of 10.

7-Eleven in Chino Hills, CA sold a winning ticket - California Lottery tweeted this at 11:13 PM last night. Wonder who the lucky winner is?

This also struck me as odd, especially after the title stated "3 states:

According to Texas lottery officials earlier today, there was an 85.8 percent of the possible number combinations had been sold.

Do they not use the same systems in CA versus TX? Maybe the 7-Eleven had their own reporting system and reported it to CA Lottery?

If anyone here on ATS won, please let us know. It'd be good to know who I can ask for a personal loan next time the mood strikes

Have a great day everyone!

and.. just for kicks:

edit on 14-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My wife won the measly power ball number. Whoopie! She at least did better than I did. She bought 1 ticket and won something. I bought 4 tickets and won nothing. I can't imagine how the winners are feeling, finding out your life will forever be changed. I hope the winners are people who really needed it.

edit on 14-1-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I know at least a dozen people who justified saying "What's $20 or even $30 when the jackpot is a billion?"

I was a debbie downer and didn't buy any tickets, but was involved with the hype and conversation because it interests me.

So do the school systems receive a huge injection of cash now, since the rest of the money goes to charity? I would like to see the positive benefits of this.

If we could get everybody as excited about other important issues, like they did in the 60s with civil rights and anti-war protests, imagine the impact it could have?

Sorry for the rambling, I get myself a bit excited sometimes

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I truly hope the winners are some people who truly deserve a life changing event for the better, and not some corporate big wig with an already bulging bank account and ego to match.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I totally agree.

I saw something about Kim Kardashian posting about the Powerball, tweeting "Who got Powerball tickets", and someone responded "Stay out of poor people's business b****""

I thought it was great.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

...If anyone here on ATS won, please let us know. It'd be good to know who I can ask for a personal loan next time the mood strikes

spent $6...Won $7 back... one set of numbers won with 3 white balls... the 2nd set of numbers came up Zilch

4, 8, 9, 27, 29....power ball 9

I sure did not stay up awaiting the live drawing & just now (9:40 am eastern) checking ticket

have a nice day guys & gals

Wow, just realized the power up feature doubled my win to $14.

edit on th31145278258514432016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31145278275214452016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Hey! You came out in the black, that's impressive in itself!

Thanks for sharing - have a great one St Udio

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
after splitting it 3 ways and lump sum pay outs the winners could expect around 200 million each. its a far cry from 1.3 billion but I would still take it!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

And the winner is...Powerball.

The chances of willing are so astronomically high you'd be better off getting hit by a taxi and suing the driver-at least you have a chance of getting something out of nothing without paying.

Or you could go to the tracks- one in 12 is far better odds then one in 25 million.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I truly hope the winners are some people who truly deserve a life changing event for the better, and not some corporate big wig with an already bulging bank account and ego to match.

Because the average person isn't capable of being devious, criminal or having an ego..

The only people I wanted to win are me or my immediate family. When that didnt happen then I could care less if it was the evil and horrible CEO of a company or the white knight wonderful poor person down the street.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Their state government is probably more excited than the sap that's about to be taxed to death. I wonder how that works when they file next year.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

good point - the REAL "injection of money" is from the taxes..

www.nbcnews.com...

In Virginia, for example, where the lottery used to boast "Helping Virginia's Public Schools" on the back of tickets, 30 percent of ticket sales went to K-12 public education in the 2015 fiscal year, according to Virginia Lottery spokeswoman Jill Vaughan. At $534 million, that sounds like a lot of money — but the number can be deceiving.

"The state legislators added the funding in to the budget, and then they take it out," said John O'Neil, communications director for the Virginia Education Association, an organization of more than 50,000 teachers and school professionals.

But that's not the fault of the lotteries — it's because of state legislators.

Of course...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wonder if any of my husband's office pool tickets won anything. There were somewhere between 40 and 50 people on board, so if they hit any of the smaller prizes, or split will be chump change.

There was a 1 million winner somewhere in KS, and there is a slim possibility it's one of those tickets, but since I've not heard anything from my husband, I'm guessing no.

Still, 1 mill split 50 ways is $20,000, and then you have to figure about half that for taxes, so $10,000. I'd take that.

*Update*

The office pool won $4 collectively, so they decided to just blow that on two tickets. Might as well blow it all.
edit on 14-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Question, in the states do the winners get the money in lump sum or part in instalments of it over a course of time?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
one of the million dollar winners was bought in a neighboring city.. at a seven eleven... I should really start buying my tickets at those stores, they seem to sell alot of winning tickets for some reason. was hoping against all hope that my son bought his ticket while ramming the streets, but nope... he bought his in our city, oh well...
I'm still figuring out the small details in the plans for the home I would build if I actually won alot of money, so guess I am not ready yet.

top topics

join