It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going in circles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Have you ever lead yourself in a wide circle around an answer but without finding it? Most people only follow the most travelled paths. Occasionally one person will go down a new path, tell other people about it, then if we get enough followers to lead everyone on the new path.

This is what happens to humans:
www.youtube.com...

And here you may be able to add comprehension:
www.youtube.com...

If you could ever believe you are as stupid as an ant... Watch these two videos, takes 6 minutes in total.

I have three questions for you:
What is the process that happens to make an ant colony decide to shift their nest?
What happens when a human colony decides to shift their consciousness to another belief system?
If the new construct is not as good could they decide to shift back?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: killerworm51

Sorry can't watch the vids, I use my mobile and don't want to use up all my internet.
But I think I get your questions without, well not really the ants part, maybe you can explain what I am missing?

What happens when a human colony decides to shift their consciousness to another belief system?

This already happened a few times and as I see it, it is not really a shift but a build up.
Every mythology is destillation of what was before. Greek mythology borrowed some from the ancient middle-east and the "farmers faith" in their own region. Mount Ethna is a good example, the reason why it spits ashes and fire is the hundred-armed-ones, or the cyclops, or was it the giants(?) working underneath it as blacksmiths.
Nature observations + something unexplainable= a myth, or legend.
The modern believes, Christianiy for example is also not the new invention of stories, the Gilgamesh epos f.e. written before the bible, already features Noah and the Arch. So again, you have old legends getting refined to culminate into something that feels radical, but only to the orthodox people and as a natural development to the liberals. Of course there is always potential for conflict.

If the new construct is not as good could they decide to shift back?

What we are seeing now, in the Irrationally called "New Age" is more or less a renessaince of what was before Christianity. Much of this stuff contains the spirit of Gaia, the mother Earth. The splitting up of one allmighty deity into less powerfull sub-gods, the refocusing on the power of the own mind, ancestral veneration and so on.

If I would have to make a prediction on how this will develop, I'd say no old religion dies out, but there will be a growing number trying to get back in tune with the spirits of the dead and their home, Gaia. A natural development as Earth becomes a more intimidating and less predictable place than it was the last few hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The future belongs to Scientology, are they in generation three, right now..

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

No. Never ever are people that stupid. If you are into that go and find a domina, it is healthier.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
i briefly looked at both clips and i have to say i dont understand your wording at all.

what is your actual question?

its sounds like to me something along the line of humans are lemmings meaning someone who blindly follows a movement.

which i would say there is SOME of in this world. yes.

however there are millions of ideas out there and not everyone thinks the same. humans are unique because they can form so many different ideas AND choose what ideas they like...versus a species of animal like a school of fish or colony of ants that instinctually follow one another without much thought

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: killerworm51

circular thinking like a shark patently closing the circle in on its prey by sensing the blood that sustains its appetite... so yes very familiar there is much discursive thinking in such waters... and the teeth you bite it with so much like Occams razor just dices it to pieces in its consumption once one grasps it... however unless swallowed whole? Some of the pieces will not be eaten leaving the experience and thus complete wisdom of it unattained yet enough to be satisfied it is at that point the ego forms a bias against any experience otherwise and ignorance has yet again swallowed one whole in the chase to root out ever smaller and smaller pieces down to the Planck distance and beyond... why? because like a circle... such thinking has no beginning nor any end that can be determined, and any matter is simply an echo of all this limited experience a tiny fragment of 3.14159 instead of an end in and of itself.

While philosophical thinking can be rewarding and even produce monetary gain? it is a forest for the trees situation as the absolute flows through the channel found within its middle. This is simply how I have encountered the experience of which you speak in and of itself, after enough of its poison there are many things I need not know nor get to the bottom of to have a happy healthy life and express that as much as possible with others... there is nothing wrong obviously with such practice but if it gets out of balance into an obsession? I advise to stop step back and take good care of oneself to regain balance... then go into another subject of a bit the time away from the topic has a way of coming back around since it all is circular... then out of no where theres the big AH HA! one was looking for... progress from is in the eye of the beholder though, as it is all still going round and round on the very same framework, lost in the details hanging on the frame is exactly what one is doing with this sort of thinking, when that happens the framework itself goes unseen. The frame work is very similar to what is known as a trope.

But there is still life left to live so pursue as one may as this type of thinking is what has progressed humanity forward with science, even though much of our society of humanity is resistant to many parts of the whole and do not call it progress. But ultimately, it simply is what it is.

top topics

join