It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Have Information on the Black Brotherhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Was just browsing around some Cthulhu Mythos and came across come cults devoted to it. The first one really caught my eye as it says they are international terrorists but when I try and look them up all I get is the Dark Brotherhood from the Elder scrolls games. If anyone knows anything or finds any links that they can share that would be awesome.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtheskys
Your link doesn't work. I guess they don't want to be found.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

try this one

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've heard of them. I've read the Cthulhu mythos. I really don't know where you could find out more though.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
These are FICTIONAL cults! If you want more (fictional) information on them, you would have to read the books by the author listed in the footnote associated with the Black Brotherhood entry.

Also, please don't start a Cthulhu cult in real life.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

I disagree.

I think the OP should absolutely start a Cthulu Cult in real life.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You do get that the Cthulhu Mythos is a fictional universe created by H.P. Lovecraft and NOT real?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You'll need yourself a fine sacrificial blade such as Kremvh's Tooth if you want to start a cult in real life.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
found it. here's their latest meeting
m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

They are probably in the government, in England there initiation ceremony probably consists of sticking there wotsit into a dead pig's snorkel and then running for party leadership.

Joking aside Substitute the black brotherhood with the hellfire club or there descendant the Bullingdon club which grew out of the Satan worshiping hellfire club and you have a fact for the English government as of course as a member of one club or another (And he was a member of the Bullingdon club which grew out of the Satan worshipping Hellfire club) one David Cameron did indeed apparently stick his penis into a dead pig's mouth, not sure that was the hellfire club though and another test he is rumoured to have taken (probably an initiation into another level which it seems was made to test a persons empathy and lack of pity) was to burn a £50 (fifty pound) note under a homeless person's nose while two other members looked on or held the homeless person (whom they probably beat up as well) down.

That said if there is a cult called the Black Brotherhood based on the Cthulu story which was of course a work of fiction with an imagined deity/demon then they are either a rich boy's club, a literary association or else a group of dungeons and dragon's gamers and you may find many such group's.

The name itself though, "The Black Brotherhood" could also be used by other groups whom have nothing to do with Lovecraft but rather are actual terrorists or even Satan Worshippers and putting that thought on hold and going down a completely innocent route there may and actually probably are Afro-American groups whom simply and innocently use the title because they are proud to be Black.

It does kind of remind me of a 70's biker gang I saw on a movie once, hells angels.

edit on 14-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

Whom are you calling fictional? i personally take the mythos far more seriously, than the jesus dudes, or the ones hissing and jumping with funny hats on.

Spectacles testicles brandy and cigars for you friend, and guess what, BING! you are frigging pope! how you like me now?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The Hellfire Club were not Satanists, they were Jacobites.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

That is in my head often..

edit, if you want to know more, read the masters work, all of it, because it paints a bigger picture.
edit on 14-1-2016 by solve because: read it all!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They all died at the hands of my Dark Elf two handed Legendary Daedric sword.
www.historynet.com... sins.htm

Funny thing is, the original name for assassin was "Hash-assassin" or something like that because of rumors spread by the common folk of Islam at the time...Wouldn't doubt after watching Batman Begins.
I'd be up on the totem pole if it were.

Learned about this group from Netflix, Ancient Black Ops. Interesting story actually and how it turns out, and they even targeted other Islamists before the Crusades due to being persecuted by Saudi Arabic and Iranians at the time .
edit on 14-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The Hellfire Club were not Satanists, they were Jacobites.

The most certainly were not Jacobites, Jacobites were Catholic and the Hellfire club whom supposedly once summoned the devil in the form of a goat legged entity were technically neo pagan's.

This first one was about a review of the movie THE RIOT CLUB based on the Bullingdon club's exploit's, They can vandalise and go wild but never get a criminal record because they are protected by the British old boy network.
www.spectator.co.uk...

Here is some more on the Hellfire club.
remnantradio.org...
www.amazon.co.uk...
www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

Today however you will find many trying to whitewash the history of the hellfire club which it was rumoured also practiced human sacrifice as well as spreading to other nation's such as the US (Skull's) but they were not the first interest the ruling elite had in there dark master and such accounts as Madam Bathory whom is related to the ruling dynastys of the houses of Europe are indicative of a deep corruption in there very substance and nature.
infamouslady.com...

Then again how many king's were serial killers, in England we had Henry VIII whom loved to have his wives beheaded and of course there are others such as Vlad Tepes AKA vlad the impaler was an ancestor of the royal family's of the house of Hannover and a relative of Charlamagne etc www.telegraph.co.uk...

Is it any surprise the bible talks of these ruling powers, Princes and Principality's, the rulers of this world as our enemy's.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Aha yes I know its fictional which i why I want to know more about this cut cause apparently its a real thing dedicated to that the Lovecraft stories

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

Isn't that from the dark brotherhood in Skyrim?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Its is, it just sounds cool, but again, the best source for the mythos, is in the works of Lovecraft, he wrote close to a hundred thousand letters to all sorts of people, He had a long penpal list and was very well connected..

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The most certainly were not Jacobites, Jacobites were Catholic and the Hellfire club whom supposedly once summoned the devil in the form of a goat legged entity were technically neo pagan's.

You have been reading poorly researched, sensationalistic accounts. Here is something more academic:

Although the Medmenham Monks are the most famous band to be dignified with the appellation, they were certainly not the original Hell-Fire Club. The first half of the century saw the establishment of many circles of rakehells throughout the British Isles, and tales of their activities have often been transferred to Dashwood's group.

For our purposes the Monks' most important precursor is the Hell-Fire Club founded around 1719 in London by Philip, Duke of Wharton (1698-1731). Wharton was a prominent Whig politician, Freemason, and atheist who sought to ridicule religion by publicly presiding over festive gatherings with "Satanic" trappings.

[Edit for brevity--DJW001]

The Hell-Fire Club was disbanded, and Wharton went on to become Grand Master Mason of the London Grand Lodge in 1722. During the instalment ceremony, the orchestra played "Let the King Enjoy His Own Again," a Jacobite anthem. This amounted to a dangerous declaration of political allegiance.

The Jacobites favoured the Catholic House of Stuart's claim to the British throne over that of the Protestant, but very German, House of Hanover's. There were many reasons why one might support the Jacobite cause, from Catholic sympathies and a mystical sense of sovereignty to xenophobia and a dislike for the character of the Hanoverian King George I (who reigned from 1714 to 1727), an arrogant "foreigner" who never bothered to learn English. Consequently, the moment attracted a wide variety of adherents with differing political philosophies, and the term soon came to be applied to anyone who held subversive ideas, much like the word "commie" in our own time. Whatever Wharton's motivations, he threw himself into the Jacobite cause, was awarded the Star and Garter by the Old Pretender, James Stuart, and died destitute at the age of thirty-two.

Link to a plagiarized version of the original.

Very few people who adopt the pose of Satanists actually worship-- or even believe-- in Satan. To steer back on topic, Lovecraft himself proclaimed himself to be a "Mohammedan" while a teenager.
edit on 15-1-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join