It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EPA Finally Admitted That the World’s Most Popular Pesticide Kills Bees—20 Years Too Late

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
How is it that unconnected me knew about neonicotinoids killing bees 4 years ago and only now the EPA is fessing up?
I don't have any insider sources but the correlation between the market introduction of these products and the immediate bee die off was painfully obvious.
On a personal note I saw 2 honey bees in all of last year.
This goes far beyond just bees though, I'm seeing less of all insects, birds, reptiles and amphibians.
We have yet to see how deep this wound really goes.

Along with the mine run off due to the EPA in Colorado I'd say the EPA is as corrupt as any federal agency and should have a complete shake-up with criminal prosecutions for those who altered studies for money or favors. No money or lobbyists should ever have a say in anything the EPA is supposed to do - protect the environment and the people.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sadly, I did a contract stint with Monsanto a couple of decades ago.

One day I went into one of the break rooms on the Creve Coeur campus and saw two news releases side by side.

One announced the doubling of their chicken growth hormone plant in Arkansas.

The other celebrated EPA approval of a chemical that kept trees from growing.
It was to be delivered in a .22 shell casing fired into the trunks of trees to keep them from growing onto powerlines.

That night I dreamed of the future Monsanto World:
Great big giant chickens too large to roost in forests of dwarf trees.

a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
20 years too late. . .or exactly after it has met the agenda?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

Oh wow. That paints a very chilling picture indeed...

And ya know I think I'd be having nightmares if I worked for Monsanto too!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
HA! And they said me switching to as much organic as possible years ago was a scam? Eat that crow people, eat it good!

Ah, cut the geniuses a break... How was anyone supposed to know that neurotoxins intended to kill insects might kill insects? I mean, who woulda thunk it?!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I couldnt agree more with every sentence of your post

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The government agencies we thought all along were there to protect us have been bought off decades ago... EPA, FDA, USDA, FCC, BLM, etc. It's all about the highest bidder, not the people they serve.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This entire matter easily induces facepalms left and right.
Watching the bees act so confused and behave aberrantly is disheartening. My mother has a sage bush that bees love and many of them will hang around till after dark, wandering in circles or attacking other bees. How can it bee that it takes so long to come to this conclusion?? Wouldn't it be easy to just dose a few and monitor them?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've got an old thread on Monsanto, wanted to link these two threads...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The problem is that genetically modified foods have recently taken over the food supply to such an extent that the unaltered/real food has become the minority. So if anything, foods called "organic foods" should simply be labeled "food", while GMOs and other "altered" foods should be given a separate label, like "chemistry foods".

I wonder why most people's brains don't hiccup whenever they speak of "organic" foods. It still amazes me to see the power of modern culture completely alter the meaning of words that meant something else to our grandparents. I would add my own two cents to the organic discussion and that is to say that one day the majority of people will no longer judge their food by the amount (or lack) of chemicals used but rather by the life in the soil. The wider implications of food growing centered in good soil maintenance will cure the insect, fertilizer, and chemical concerns. (as well as the financial power endowed to our favorite mega-corporations concern)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ugh, thought i never replied yesterday and just thought about my reply. Now i see my repetitiveness. Ah well, I'm leaving it in longer form, but will don my dunce cap now.

What I don't understand is how a neurotoxin, designed to kill insects, could be killing insects. It's almost as if the product does exactly what it openly claims it does! [/sarc off] This conclusion is as surprising as the announcement that there are planets orbiting other stars.

My guess, it'll be replaced with another toxin designed to kill insects, which will also kill bees, but it won't be figured out until the patents have expired, at which point (repeat paragraph endlessly.)

If only I could make billions fixing problems I've caused. I guess first you have to cause a lot of big problems.
edit on 1/18/2016 by dogstar23 because: Bleh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join