It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EPA Finally Admitted That the World’s Most Popular Pesticide Kills Bees—20 Years Too Late

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
mudder jones

Bees are dying in record numbers—and now the government admits that an extremely common pesticide is at least partially to blame.

For more than a decade, the Environmental Protection Agency has been under pressure from environmentalists and beekeepers to reconsider its approval of a class of insecticides called neonicotinoids, based on a mounting body of research suggesting they harm bees and other pollinators at tiny doses. In a report released Wednesday, the EPA basically conceded the case.

Gee, leave it to the government to figure out the sky is falling when its already crashing down on their heads.
We are being forced to destroy ourselves with our own money, without most people's knowledge or consent, for the profit of a few well connected fiends.
Now mind you, this is only a report on a fraction of the different types of poisons they have been spraying on our food.
By the time the relevant facts come out i think we will find the whole food chain contaminated with this slop.

the agency still has to consider public comments on the bee assessment it just released, and it also has to complete a risk assessment of imidacloprid's effect on other species. In addition to their impact on bees, neonic pesticides may also harm birds, butterflies, and water-borne invertebrates, recent studies suggest. Then there are the assessments of the other four neonic products that need to be done. Meanwhile, a coalition of beekeepers and environmental groups filed a lawsuit in federal court Wednesday pointing out that the agency has never properly assessed neonics in their most widely used form: as seed coatings, which are then taken up by crops.

-"Better living through chemistry", eat up y'all!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Monsanto helped...did DDT help?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

A long corrupt history surrounds each and every government institution and their relationship with Monsanto, Dupont, Dow and any other corporate interest that has money to bribe the greedy criminals known as federal employees.

It is a disgusting history, Monsanto knows no limits to its disregard for nature and our delicate eco-system, when something threatens their profits they simply buy up those threatening, take the case of a leading bee research company by the name of Beelogics.

I am sure they have good intentions!

Beeologics says their mission is to become the "guardian of bee health worldwide," and states they are dedicated to "restoring bee health and protecting the future of insect pollination" with its primary goal to control the colony collapse disorder and Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus (IAPV) infection crises." Monsanto bought the company in September 2011, just months before Poland announced it would ban growing of Monsanto's genetically modified (GM) MON810 maize, noting, poignantly, that "pollen of this strain could have a harmful effect on bees."ii

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The EPA is having a big week.

They also banned three (count em - 3) packaging chemicals that cause cancer - three years after food packagers stopped using them and which are no longer even produced.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

The EPA is having a big week.

They also banned three (count em - 3) packaging chemicals that cause cancer - three years after food packagers stopped using them and which are no longer even produced.

Leading the way in the change is the consumer. As we have become aware of the criminal poisoning that has been taking place for over half a century, the simple act of voting with our dollar is changing everything!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
HA! And they said me switching to as much organic as possible years ago was a scam? Eat that crow people, eat it good!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wonder how many lobbyist kept this info from getting out because it would have hurt profit...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
HA! And they said me switching to as much organic as possible years ago was a scam? Eat that crow people, eat it good!

To this day I am still blown away by how well propaganda can work.

They quite literally convinced 75-90% of the population that GMO food was just fine, adding corn syrup to everything is a great idea, and that milk does a body good!

Priceless!

Thank god people are finally waking up!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And people who have been warning about this were called crazy nut conspiracy nuts.

edit on Jan-13-2016 by xuenchen because: its the water dumbie

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wait a second, you're blaming the government and not the companies that make the chemicals & GMO foods? Not to mention, those same companies fought against people & groups that made claims that these products were harmful, and spent a lot of money lobbying on the safety of their products. I think it's safe to say the blame should start with them, especially since Monsanto even went so far as to purchase one of the leading firms that was doing the research on bee population collapses back in 2011 (here you go).

This is still a good move, though. Next, they need to admit the multiple effects these chemicals & GMO products have on humans. Many small farmers in Latin America and India have seen a spike in illnesses in recent years ever since those countries began their GMO programs.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's the government's fault for taking the bribes.

Big Government failure.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's the government's fault for taking the bribes.

Big Government failure.

Most lobbying has nothing to do with exchanges of gifts, goods, services, or anything that can be construed as a "bribe". It's literally about meeting political figures or their staff & bringing issues, complaints, or recommendations to their attention. Lobbyists can obviously take it further than that, even going as far as writing entire bills or papers that can/will be included in bills. But lobbying doesn't even have to include possible campaign contributions or anything else, for that matter.

Also, why aren't you holding the producers of those products responsible for their actions? Don't conservatives claim they care about personal responsibility? If I sell cupcakes to the public and they turn out to be laced with cyanide, should I (the producer) be blameless?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You don't know?

I was one that was blaming the companies right here on ATS.

But the government failed bigger.

p.s. this isn't in the political forums, so don't throw the Liberal/Conservative crap out there.

edit on Jan-14-2016 by xuenchen because: monsantoed

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So, Terrence Ingram was right. They were killing his bees. He was ready to expose this years ago, so they ruined him for it and destroyed his life's work.

Looks like Monsanto and EPA work hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think I can google and get a million hits on bees being affected by Pesticide..wait let me see... "bees affected by pesticides"

Damn only 365,000 I was wrong...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So just to get this straight, this is only the governments fault for not realizing it sooner...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Only if it's natural, organic, non-GM crow. Inorganic crow just doesn't taste as good.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

To this day I am still blown away by how well propaganda can work.

They quite literally convinced 75-90% of the population that GMO food was just fine, adding corn syrup to everything is a great idea, and that milk does a body good!

Priceless!

Thank god people are finally waking up!

The glucose-fructose ratios in corn syrup are so close to honey that honey was being diluted with it and no one was the wiser. If honey is healthy, why isn't corn syrup?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

p.s. this isn't in the political forums, so don't throw the Liberal/Conservative crap out there.

Whaaaa! Ohh no, I know you are not talking, although I agree right this moment! I swear, you got some nerve sometimes xuen, even if I do see eye2eye with you most of the time. S'all in good fun though right??

So, back when the bees first started to croak en masse, most of us here were on board with the pesticide theory, with the next popular theory the magnetic poles or EM interference. That theory also had its merits though.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I think the line between these biotech/chemical companies and the government became blurred years ago back when it was overtaken by Rockefeller and their similar interests.

They simply place their associates in high level positions in all of the watchdog government industries such as FDA, EPA, CDC, NIH,right on up to the WHO. Add to that they put their associates on the board of directors of the major schools guiding scientific and medical research and BAM, you have an untouchable abomination that has been actively toxifying the environment for over a century.

These same diabolical individuals fund the global warming/over population agenda.

What a wild world!

In these troubling times we truly learn the meaning of the word faith!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amThursday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join