It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible step to tuscon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i dont know. i get in these moods but today it was bad. my wife has a friend in california and they want us to come out. while i wouldnt mind working at tesla(that was part of the draw) i dont want to live in california.

her other friends are trying to light the fire under her ass to get us down there to check it out.
ive been looking online. manufacturing is there. housing is there. cost seems about what i am at now.

i have to get out. every year at spring i get lazy cause the weather is nice and i can take it. well now it is in the 20's all damn day and even colder in my foundry. they wont turn the heat on.
anyway. i had an amputation and i have a bunch of scars and a nub left for a finger and when it is this cold for this long it is very hard to deal with it. cant even explain how bad it is. my hand starts to tighten up. my fingers are ice cold. sometimes i cant regulate my body temp so i go from super hot to super cold in 5 minutes......cant take it
i maintain with my meds but thats when im home just doing nothing. or during spring and summer. in winter i suffer. it is a snowball effect cause this effects that. i have to get out of ohio.

we are thinking of making the jump. going to try to go for a couple days to at least check it out.
we can stay with her friends till i can get my job and house situation ironed out.

im getting back like 4800 from feds and almost 500 from state. i was thinking that money could get is there was a nice chunk to start with.
stay with her friends a month or two and get it done.

so if anyone is in or around tuscon any tips and tricks to the area. to employers. places to go. places not to go.

would be very much appreciated

thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fellow Ohioan here, I can understand why you wish to leave.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears I live in florida and know a lot of happy people who have transplanted from ohio. If you have the opportunity to check out Telsa and the Tuscon area you should do it. Most of the times regrets are based NOT following a hunch or offer. At least you'll know.

And yes cold ain't comfy on old, busted metal filled joints/limbs (me) or amputated digits (you my friend

I'll choose the warm sun anyday Arizona or Fla.

edit on 13-1-2016 by grubblesnert because: spellun

edit on 13-1-2016 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I hope things work out well for you. I'm sure we must have some folks from California or who know something about it that will come along with some great advice for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Tucson. So incredibly hot during the summer. Which seems to last about 8-9 months.

Decent place, very beautiful out in the desert, just be warned of the brutal heat during summer.

(Have lived in or near Tucson for the majority of my life.)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well, Tucson is in Arizona.. .close to Calli, but not quite.

It's growing a bit and getting more hip, but it's a sprawl and unless you live in the newly thriving downtown area, you need a car as the public transport doesn't run late-night. The winters ARE chilly, but 50 or 60 during the day is better than most places in the u.s. and the chill doesn't last long, but the 7 months of over 100 degree heat can test even the most dedicated desert rat... it isn't for everyone,and the morons saying "but it's a dry heat" haven't been here in July-August when the rains make it tropical steam bath.

The desert and mountains around the city are fairly amazing, though, and the cost of living is pretty cheap.

Water... we already have one of the best water conservation programs in the world, but import the bulk of it from the Colorado River and the projections say there will be a serious lack of water for all the south-western states... soon... so maybe rent?
edit on 1/14/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

etax2: and the economy is iffy... if you come here without a skill or degree, it takes more luck than in other places to make it, but the people and ambiance are relaxed and friendly... downsides, besides heat and iffy economy, are poisonous critters and a fungus that grows in the soil called "Valley Fever" that can be a problem for frail immune systems... infection isn't exactly common, but newbies should be told about it. So if you're in an Ohio Rustbelt scenario, there are worse places to move to... Phoenix is a bigger city with a better economy, but it's hotter and even more like a giant strip mall.

Tucson is definitely more ...er "charming." Any further questions will be answered 'cause we're bored here .. . heh, at 4 in the morning, anyway.
edit on 1/14/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I lived around Tucson for awhile. The desert is absolutely beautiful, the heat is brutal, and Mexico is fun for a weekend trip.

If you end up there and need a hamburger, go to Lindy's on 4th.

new topics

top topics

join