It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am American Citizen my wife is foreign citizen. Our three children were born overseas however all three of them are legal US citizens that fall under the Natural Born Citizen, they have a Councilors Birth Abroad Certificates.

It is the same for Cruz his mother was an US citizen and he was born outside the country but he has a birth abroad Certificate and is considered a US citizen and Natural born even though in Canada

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
There is no right to become president.

Where did I state it was a right to become President?

Other nations cannot vote in our elections.

Yet you want other countries to decide who is eligible to become President!

Why?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: yesyesyes

............. and, his dad is a Cuban-born American. His grandfather is a Spanish born Christian.

Nobody cares where he's from. As long he's white, hates Islam and represent Christianity in the White house!

Oh look more bigotry, and hilariously so considering his father is Cuban , how does that make him "white"

Yikes

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I don't see why that would make a difference.

If I have dual citizenship I can vote in b ot elections, legally. That would not make me less American.

I guess what I'm asking is, are there actual rules stating that if you voted while being a dual citizen of another country, you can't be president? Or because your parents did, you can't be president?

Cruz obviously wasn't old enough to vote. He was 4 when they moved to Texas.

I guess I just don't understand the nuance here.

~Tenth

But if the other nation you held citizenship in was not an ally of the U.S., would you be loyal enough to the U.S. to make decisions solely in the interest of national security.

Maybe you would.

But if you were an 'infiltrator' with primary loyalty to that other nation...would you? That is really the question.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Where did I state it was a right to become President?

When you wrote this: "Yet you want other countries to remove the rights of US born citizens!"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He was not born in America, but he is still eligible to run for the presidency.

If, somehow, Cruz is able to gain a lead and overtake Trump, I sincerely hope my fellow Leftists don't turn in to Birthers.

edit on 13-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

(post by yesyesyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

When you wrote this: "Yet you want other countries to remove the rights of US born citizens!"

Which is exactly what you want! You want US natural born citizens to have the right to be eligible to become POTUS removed.

Why do you want other countries to be able to remove the rights of US natural born citizens?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

............. and, his dad is a Cuban-born American. His grandfather is a Spanish born Christian.

Nobody cares where he's from. As long he's white, hates Islam and represent Christianity in the White house!

Oh look more bigotry, and hilariously so considering his father is Cuban , how does that make him "white"

Yikes

It is ironic you are sticking up for a candidate who uses the term actor baby.

I guess bigotry is only ok if you are conservative, we got it man.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: buster2010

Funny how the same people who defended Obama screamed it at us for years how legal it is, yet when it is someone they don't like suddenly its an issue. If its not an issue for Obama then it shouldn't be an issue for cruz.. at least cruz isn't trying to hide the fact.

As one who could find no case against Obama, I find no case against Cruz. You though apparently know of people who do. Can you point them out to us please? Name them and I will join you in calling them hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: 38181
Your correct, he was born in Canada, his father was born and raised in Cuba, only his mother was born in American, that means he's not qualified.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"All the sources routinely used to interpret the Constitution confirm that the phrase “natural born Citizen” has a specific meaning: namely, someone who was a U.S. citizen at birth with no need to go through a naturalization proceeding at some later time. And Congress has made equally clear from the time of the framing of the Constitution to the current day that, subject to certain residency requirements on the parents, someone born to a U.S. citizen parent generally becomes a U.S. citizen without regard to whether the birth takes place in Canada, the Canal Zone, or the continental United States.

While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. . . .
Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790"

So I must ask, why didn't the Founding Fathers just say that you could be president if your parent is a citizen?

It doesn't add up to me at all. In the 1700's the majority of people didn't travel more than 100 miles from home.
I think there is something to be said about a person being of the country and of the land that was very important to the Founding Fathers.

I do not speak for the Founding Fathers.

Why is it that people think they have suddenly discovered the fatal flaw/loophole through their astute research and incisive logic? Do you think Cruz would have become a candidate knowing that he was not eligible? Do you think he wouldn't have his legal staff investigating this from all directions?

whats even more amusing is that lawyers all over the place that examine these things have already looked into it and given it the green light

And yet the armchair "Founding Fathers" here on ATS think they are more qualified....

Look I get that people miss things now and then but, its pretty cut and dry and hes not trying to hide anything here

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Trump or Cruz. Never in my wildest nightmares

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yikes

What you find "offensive" , that being subjective, does not constitute bigotry........

What does constitute bigotry is bringing up his skin color, or lack there of and equating in terms of whether or not the establishment will take him because of it......

Its ok , im seasoned at spotting disengenious posts

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Wow im a closet racist? Thats news to me, know anything else about me you could inform me of that I might not be privy to? thats frightening

There are many on the left and right who do not think that his is eligible.

Er.....no there isnt

I still think it is strange that a person born in Canada, who had two Canadian citizen parents could be POTUS,
it doesn't sound right at all.

His mother was American and his father was Cuban, you can make up your own opinion but you cant make up your own facts

Obvious troll thread is obvious
edit on 1/13/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/13/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2016 by WomenUnited because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

While I agree troll thread is obvious, I'd like to think of it more as, watch the Cruz-ish supporters whom were Obama "birther's" do mental gymnastics of cognitive dissonance

Don't see too many heavy weight birther's 1.0 chiming in on birther 2.0 beta.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yikes

What you find "offensive" , that being subjective, does not constitute bigotry........

What does constitute bigotry is bringing up his skin color, or lack there of and equating in terms of whether or not the establishment will take him because of it......

Its ok , im seasoned at spotting disengenious posts

The term anchor baby is used in a bigoted fashion by many in the GOP political circles.

You are being PC, it is not bigoted to point out that the most profound block of bigots in America are not very consistent when they apply their bigotry or policies for that matter.

I am also seasoned like a godsend potato wedge over here, and I have watched conservative duplicity regarding race.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Which is exactly what you want! You want US natural born citizens to have the right to be eligible to become POTUS removed.

Why do you want other countries to be able to remove the rights of US natural born citizens?

No. I want the eligibility requirement -- which is exclusive NOT by my doing, but by the decisions of those that drafted the document -- to be regarded or amended.

One or the other. I am actually open to either.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The term anchor baby is used in a bigoted fashion by many in the GOP political circles.

You are being PC, it is not bigoted to point out that the most profound block of bigots in America are not very consistent when they apply their bigotry or policies for that matter.

I almost choked on my water at someone saying the term Anchor baby is bigoted, while telling me because i dont find it bigoted , that im being PC

What kind of mental gymnastics does that take

Bravo man Bravo

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Wow im a closet racist? Thats news to me, know anything else about me you could inform me of that I might not be privy to? thats frightening

There are many on the left and right who do not think that his is eligible.

Er.....no there isnt

I still think it is strange that a person born in Canada, who had two Canadian citizen parents could be POTUS,
it doesn't sound right at all.

His mother was American and his father was Cuban, you can make up your own opinion but you cant make up your own facts

I don't know you, you very well could be a racist or a bigot, that is your deal.

It's a troll thread to you because it doesn't benefit your political allegiance, don't play coy. I have searched out birther threads on ATS that are well over 50 pages long, I didn't see you in there damning the "obvious troll thread".

His mother voted in Canadian elections, it is on record. I am now farther from thinking he is eligible now.

I wonder if the GOP would accept a Mexican born president, with an American born mom who lived and voted in Mexico. (I will refrain from writing lol x 100 to the prospects of that)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join