It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The big questions with Cruz was whether or not he ever renounced U.S. Citizenship.

Same questions with Obama.

Well, as Obama was only ever a citizen of the USA why or how could he renounce it?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I don't believe that the U.S. is so exceptional that they are able to completely disregard the citizenship laws of other nations.

You believe wrong!

So you want the laws of other countries to decide who is eligible to become POTUS?

So as I said any country could , by simply declaring everyone born in the USA is also a citizen of their country, make everyone ineligible to become POTUS!

Do you realise how silly that is?
edit on 13-1-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

I don't believe that the U.S. is so exceptional that they are able to completely disregard the citizenship laws of other nations.

So you want the laws of other countries to decide who is eligible to become POTUS?

Yes. It is apparent the requirement must have SOMETHING to do with loyalty/divided loyalty. So, yes, other nations' citizenship laws matter a great deal.

For example, I was born a dual U.S./Canadian citizen and I feel a divided loyalty.
edit on 13-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So, yes, other nations' citizenship laws matter a great deal.

It only matters in their own country, it has nothing to do with laws in other countries.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You believe wrong!

And you believe wrong when you say the questions about Obama's citizenship are due to him "not being white."

He was born a dual U.S. citizen/British subject -- by his own admission.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Nothing in the constitution states a dual citizen cannot become POTUS....

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Does it really matter? They will change the rules to suit the needs of TPTB . If it came out that Obama is really not born in the US would that void everything he did in office?
edit on 13080000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So, yes, other nations' citizenship laws matter a great deal.

It only matters in their own country, it has nothing to do with laws in other countries.

It matters because other nations matter. The U.S. isn't the ruler of the world. We cannot abrogate the rights and laws of other citizens just because we have rabid partisans here.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The U.S. isn't the ruler of the world.

They decide what laws apply in the USA!

You apparently want other countries to decide who is eligible to become POTUS.

We cannot abrogate the rights and laws of other citizens

Yet you want other countries to remove the rights of US born citizens!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Nothing in the constitution states a dual citizen cannot become POTUS....

WRONG. Article II specifically states the POTUS must be a 'natural born Citizen.' SINGULAR. 'CITIZEN.' It does NOT provide that the POTUS may have multiple citizenshipS in multiple nationS.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

............. and, his dad is a Cuban-born American. His grandfather is a Spanish born Christian.

Nobody cares where he's from. As long he's white, hates Islam and represent Christianity in the White house!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

WRONG. Article II specifically states the POTUS must be a 'natural born Citizen

Which is virtually anyone born in the USA.

Why do you want other countries laws to override the citizenship of a natural born US citizen?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
I would agree, however, here is where the one point that the courts may have to decide: Yes his father was from Cuba, and his mother was born and from the United States. If there was nothing more, this would not be a story. However, it appears as though both his father and mother, at the time of his birth, were citizens of Canada, with all of the rights of being a citizen, including voting, and being on the voting rolls for such.

That point alone, his mother being on the voting rolls for Canada at the time of his birth, a citizen of Canada, is what the Justices and judges will have to look at and determine if he is indeed eligible or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: yesyesyes

Both of his parents are American Citizens, and were at his birth. He simply happened to be born outside the country, as is the case with many children of Americans who travel abroad, for one reason or another, whether work or military often means "natural born" Americans are born as Americans citizens yet in another country.

There is no legal challenge to him running for president, because both his parents are and were American citizens at the time of his birth. Being born while your parents are abroad does not take away that natural born citizen right .

His father was not a citizen until 2005 I have read. Neither of his parents were in the military, I don't think the founding fathers intended a Canadian to become president.

Ive read th eLAw. you just need ONE PARENT who was born and or resided in America for at least 5 years after the age of 14 to be a US citizen. Sorry youre wrong.

link   

The U.S. isn't the ruler of the world.

They decide what laws apply in the USA!

You apparently want other countries to decide who is eligible to become POTUS.

We cannot abrogate the rights and laws of other citizens

Yet you want other countries to remove the rights of US born citizens!

There is no right to become president. That is not a right. Becoming a U.S. President is not a right -- a person is elected President. What on earth makes you think it's a right?

Other nations cannot vote in our elections. I am certain you know this. Don't you?

link   
Cruz is qualified because his wife is an executive at Goldman-Sachs.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well, as Obama was only ever a citizen of the USA why or how could he renounce it?

He may have renounced U.S. Citizenship in favor of U.K. so he could get college status.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I don't see why that would make a difference.

If I have dual citizenship I can vote in b ot elections, legally. That would not make me less American.

I guess what I'm asking is, are there actual rules stating that if you voted while being a dual citizen of another country, you can't be president? Or because your parents did, you can't be president?

Cruz obviously wasn't old enough to vote. He was 4 when they moved to Texas.

I guess I just don't understand the nuance here.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

WRONG. Article II specifically states the POTUS must be a 'natural born Citizen

Which is virtually anyone born in the USA.

Why do you want other countries laws to override the citizenship of a natural born US citizen?

Because I live on the same planet as other nations and I do not think the U.S. is more exceptional. Also, I believe the citizenship laws of other nations have A LOT of influence on a person's loyalty.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow so much bigotry and hate coming from the "tolerant" left, why do you guys hate brown people so much?

Also would like to note, I love the fact that people who clearly have no idea what the constitution says on this issue are stating as fact that he cannot be president.

Cruz is not my favorite candidate, but hes certainly legally able to run, whether hes qualified is a matter of political viewpoints.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join