It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

While I do agree that the requirement phrase "natural born citizen", for some, may need some clarification.

I feel I should, however, point to some of "this " courts recent decisions. While it may have been an effort to clarify certain arguments which had been brought before them. Their rulings seemed to have caused even more discord and frustration.

I will concede this is often caused by the bias of the particular individuals presenting their points of view, I still hold the members of the court responsible for the final out come.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
Their rulings seemed to have caused even more discord and frustration.

Only amongst racist birthers who hate the fact that Obama has been declared to be a natural born US citizen, thus he was eligible to be elected as POTUS!

I still hold the members of the court responsible for the final out come.

Who else could be responsible for their decisions?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

If @TedCruz doesn’t clean up his act, stop cheating, & doing negative ads, I have standing to sue him for not being a natural born citizen.

twitter.com...

Bah! It won't embed. Anyways, Trump tweeted it earlier.
edit on 2/12/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
At least Canada is a damn site closer than Kenya, and the language is the same, sometimes!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Their rulings seemed to have caused even more discord and frustration.

Only amongst racist birthers who hate the fact that Obama has been declared to be a natural born US citizen, thus he was eligible to be elected as POTUS!

I still hold the members of the court responsible for the final out come.

Who else could be responsible for their decisions?

Kind of odd.
I normally have a fairly good memory but I do not remember a Supreme Court ruling about Obama's eligibility for office.
I do remember their ruling that large amounts of money has the same standing as freedom of speech. Well, if "corporations are people too" why don't they pay taxes on the same scale as you and I.
There was also the SC ruling which said, in effect, that racism had somehow gone away and there was no more need to enforce the Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Let ma also say that I am glad you have seen fit to rejoin the conversation. I have missed you razor wit and use of catchy phrases.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
twitter.com...

Bah! It won't embed. Anyways, Trump tweeted it earlier.

When I heard about this tweet, I tried to rationalize the fact that I am living in a reality in which the leading candidate for a major political party for the President of the United States, had taken to Twitter, like a spoiled 14-year-old, to announce that if his opponent didn't stop being so mean, he was going to sue...

I finally have accepted that I am a "slider" and I slide between alternate realities and have suddenly arrived in one where everyone is batpoo crazy.

Fortunately, in this reality, my ATS password is the same...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I normally have a fairly good memory but I do not remember a Supreme Court ruling about Obama's eligibility for office.

They refused to hear it, as they agreed with the lower courts ruling Obama was eligible

Where did I say the Supreme Court ruled on it?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

They refused to hear it, as they agreed with the lower courts ruling Obama was eligible

Where did I say the Supreme Court ruled on it?

Well! Well!
I would suppose this is a good reason I do not remember the S C handing down a ruling.

As odd as the possibilities may be, we may both be right; on this occasion anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ted Cruz stands no chance in the General. Just because he got rid off the Canadian citizenship does still not qualify him as a natural citizen. I am sure by now some of the users already stated that.

edit on 18-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Have you seen an American Running in Canadian politics?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

No Americans, but there's some other notable foreigners:

John A. Macdonald - born in Scotland

Alexander Mackenzie - born in Scotland

Mackenzie Bowell - born in England

John Turner - born in England

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Just because he got rid off the Canadian citizenship does still not qualify him as a natural citizen.

Also having Canadian citizenship does not stop him also being a natural born US citizen.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is a little more family heritage to trace back on his fathers side of the family.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join