It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: snowspirit

Can you source that?

No one has yet to show me anything in the Constitution or congressional law that states that Cruz is a natural born citizen.

Was he "naturalized"? Yes.

Then show us his naturalisation certificate.... when was he naturalised?

As he was born a citizen, not naturalised he is eligible.

In law, naturalization and natural born citizen are not the same, even if the root words sound similar.

The fact that a person needs to be naturalized, or is automatically naturalized means that they are natural born.

Cruz is not eligible
edit on 14-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
a reply to: yesyesyes

Where he happened to have been born is waaaay down on my list of reasons to never vote for Ted Cruz.

Funny that a lot of the same people who were foaming at the mouth about Obama's "ineligibility" are now defending Cruz's.

The difference is, Obama was born in the US and Cruz in Canada.

One claim is BS and the other is verifiably true.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
The fact that a person needs to be natural, or is automatically naturalized means that they are natural born.

So Obama, being born in the USA is natural born, and Cruz, being automatically naturalised is also natural born!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The fact that a person needs to be natural, or is automatically naturalized means that they are natural born.

So Obama, being born in the USA is natural born, and Cruz, being automatically naturalised is also natural born!

No, that is not what I meant.

He is not natural born BECAUSE he had to be naturalized. It is one or the other, you are either natural born or you are naturalized.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

He is not natural born BECAUSE he had to be naturalized.

You claimed "or is automatically naturalized means that they are natural born. "

Cruz was automatically naturalised, so he is natural born...

Obama was just natural born.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Geez guys....if American me and my pregnant wife are living in or vacationing in some other country like Zambia for gosh sakes....if she delivers there...the newborn is American...

You guys are pretty ridiculously funny!!!

Pffffffft!

That could apply if it were an American island which it seems is the law/a law/or the constitution, try this for confusion,

here's the skit on Canada...just to help things along..for everybody.

Time to shake your congressman warmly by the throat.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

He is not natural born BECAUSE he had to be naturalized.

You claimed "or is automatically naturalized means that they are natural born. "

Cruz was automatically naturalised, so he is natural born...

Obama was just natural born.

That was a typo, sorry.

What I meant to write is, if you have to be naturalized, whether it is through ceremony or automatically through law, it means that you are NOT natural born.

Naturalized and Natural Born are mutually exclusive

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: snowspirit

Can you source that?

No one has yet to show me anything in the Constitution or congressional law that states that Cruz is a natural born citizen.

Was he "naturalized"? Yes.

Then show us his naturalisation certificate.... when was he naturalised?

As he was born a citizen, not naturalised he is eligible.

In law, naturalization and natural born citizen are not the same, even if the root words sound similar.

The fact that a person needs to be naturalized, or is automatically naturalized means that they are NOT natural born.

Cruz is not eligible

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok stop bring this up. We managed to fob Justin Beiber off on you, and we almost got away with making you think Ted "Canuck" Cruz was in fact one of your own. Honestly we really don't want him back.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: heterodox
Ok stop bring this up. We managed to fob Justin Beiber off on you, and we almost got away with making you think Ted "Canuck" Cruz was in fact one of your own. Honestly we really don't want him back.

Ted is absolutely pathological - like 11 on the scale of type 2 personalities

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

In 1952, the year Cruz was born,

Cruz was born in 1970.

As an aside, there's a difference between "citizen at birth" and "natural born citizen".

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I made another mistake then.

Dang.

Thank you for the clarification.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not a huge issue, unless some regulatory or statutory changes occurred in the interim. I believe some stuff came up in the '60s in regards to citizenship, but that whole quagmire is too tedious for me to revisit.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Debatted and ruled in the supreme court Natural born is a condition of the US citizen born to an US Citizen. Not the location where the US citizen was born.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: heterodox

AT least you gave us Rush and SCTV. I thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh, get over it and quite trying to make an argument out of nothing. I am not even an American and so it's not a direct concern for me, but even I know darned well it has long since been established, that if one of a person's parents is a US citizen, it doesn't matter one iota where in the world the person was born. That child is still a US citizen by inalienable right of birth. There is no ruling by the Supreme Court I know of that states both a person's parents must be US, citizens, either. One is enough.

If you can find a US Supreme Court Ruling that says otherwise, then please post a reference to it. Only such a ruling can support your argument. Anything else you care to dredge up is utterly irrelevant. If you cannot cite such a ruling, then accept the fact that Ted Cruz's situation is effectively identical to John McCain's, who was not born in the USA, but was eligible to run for POTUS and be elected, if the voters so chose.

I repeat, not being a US citizen, I have no dog in this fight. But it annoys the heck out of me to see an intelligent person like yourself trying to flog a horse that is so dead it's not even good for making glue.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Oh, get over it and quite trying to make an argument out of nothing. I am not even an American and so it's not a direct concern for me, but even I know darned well it has long since been established, that if one of a person's parents is a US citizen, it doesn't matter one iota where in the world the person was born. That child is still a US citizen by inalienable right of birth. There is no ruling by the Supreme Court I know of that states both a person's parents must be US, citizens, either. One is enough.

The requirement is that the POTUS be a "natural born Citizen," not a "Citizen." So, I don't see how your point is relevant to the debate.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Then please cite a Supreme Court ruling that states a person born outside of the USA, but who has an American parent (or parents), is not eligible.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Then please cite a Supreme Court ruling that states a person born outside of the USA, but who has an American parent (or parents), is not eligible.

Thank you.

You are asking me to cite a 'positive law' to define a 'natural law.'

The only way to approach your request is to point to the fact that there is no 'positive law' which grants citizenship to a person born to two U.S. citizen parents on undisputed U.S. soil. Such a person is a 'natural born citizen' without any positive law granting them citizenship. They are naturally born a U.S. citizen...by virtue of natural law.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join