It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the book of Enoch in the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think when a book talks about people being born that are over 450 feet tall...
That kinda breaks the barrier of sanity

Tibetans have skeletons preserved underground that are only 21 and 19 foot tall (two; a man and woman) reference: "The Third Eye" by T. Lobsang Rampa (the autobiography of a Buddhist Lama). If humans were 45 stories tall would give credence to the fact dinosaurs were too large for their environment (heavy/ate then starved themselves to death). BTW, fossil fuel levels are a lie. The Earth is the 'little engine that could' (constantly producing them), and those fear factor *we are going to run out of* fuels are not true.
edit on 13-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman
Evidently there was a consensus in the early church that the book of Enoch as a whole didn't express what they understood as Christian teaching.
If there are any differences between what that book teaches and what the New Testament teaches, then that explains the omission.

Magickal teachings from the quabala or Essene later to become the RosiCross. The omission is the secrets were not to be given to the common man but held back for those in power only to know; how we were created as mankind and whom created us (the why and how).

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is some question as to the authenticity of the book of Enoch. It may be the author of Enoch was quoting Jude, rather than the other way around. It has also been suggested there was an original book of Enoch that is quite different than the one we have today. You can also add the book of Jasher to that. It is mentioned in the old testament, and it's legitimacy has also been called into question.

My personal opinion is, the church would most definitely throw out anything that doesn't agree with presently accepted scripture and doctrine. It wouldn't matter if Jesus wrote it in stone himself. On the other hand, forgeries and fakes have been around a very long time. It's nothing new to modern civilization.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's my understanding that The Book of Enoch is excluded from the Bible because it encourages the use of "magic". It names Angels and their positions/jobs, which would lead people to pray to them or magically invoke them.

Apparently early Christians frequently communed with Angels, as did Jesus, according to scripture. Church leaders needed to have ultimate authority. They couldn't have people preaching gospel based on something they learned from an Angel during some forbidden invocation.

edit on 13-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Totally agree with this opinion of yours. Here within lies a truth (oops); do not let the unwashed masses have the ability to gain access to the truth (information) is valuable and can be held as secret; and if withheld eventually be SOLD. The Nag Hammadi Library needs to be printed as an alternate bible; just as the Urantia Book should be recognized as a valid alternative to all prior thinking (Biblical) regarding creation.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I thought it was because he returned to heaven intact as a human.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Elijah did too apparently...

His story still made the cut

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Yes, apparently he walked with god. I've read the book of Enoch and what is described sounds exactly like a trip into space.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Enoch? He was never a dense being; he lived for 790 years as an overlay idea form fathered Machiventa Melchizedek/Priest of Salem (Jerusalem). NO one knows the truth about anything; not even Pinocchio.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I once asked a Jehova's Witness what he thought of the Book of Enoch. He'd never even heard of it lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Here is a fun read for you 'A Maggot" by John Fowles. It describes a supernatural experience with 'aliens' in the late 1800's in England. Two descriptions by witnesses that are believable yet opposite. Its a great novel.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Tibetans have skeletons preserved underground that are only 21 and 19 foot tall (two; a man and woman) reference: "The Third Eye" by T. Lobsang Rampa

Do you mean Cyril Hoskin, the plumber from Plympton? Great reference

edit on 13-1-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

BTW, fossil fuel levels are a lie. The Earth is the 'little engine that could' (constantly producing them), and those fear factor *we are going to run out of* fuels are not true.

Actually, your whole post is a lie, based upon lies upon lies.
You have lost what little credibility you had...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Perhaps because a big chunk of the Book of Enoch (actually a collection of five individual books) did not exist until after the canonical books of the Bible were complete.

The Book of Enoch purports to be written by Enoch, @ 800 years before the flood of Noah, and yet quotes from a book (Deuteronomy) written 2,000 years later - go figure!

The first section, 1 Enoch 1-36, called "The Book of the Watchers", is thought to exist from about 300 years before Christ (Sections of this book were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls) but later sections are likely from the 1st Century.

The canonical Book of Jude from the New Testament appears to quote from the 1st part of The Book of the Watchers and attributes it to Enoch.

As to why it didn't become canonical, I'd suspect that the obvious false attribution would have played a big part in its rejection.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Someone gave me a Jehovah Witness Bible. Apparently the prior owner of the property I rented from(A GHOST from 1890) was not happy and threw me across the room (by my heals). The book was buried in the backyard; never to be opened again out of respect.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0 x 0
It was one of the biblcal books that was removed ftom the canon. The First Council of Nicaea was in part called to deal with the plerhora of bibles that were out there.
see
first nicaea - biblacal canon
and
Development of the Christian biblical canon

The First Council of Nicea did not set the canon of scripture. Its stated goal was to establish the unity of the Churches against the Arian heresy.

The Nicene creed reflects the nearly unanimous conclusion of the council.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

BTW, fossil fuel levels are a lie. The Earth is the 'little engine that could' (constantly producing them), and those fear factor *we are going to run out of* fuels are not true.

Actually, your whole post is a lie, based upon lies upon lies.
You have lost what little credibility you had...

There is only one truth here and no deception. If I have lost credibility to YOUR mind (in understanding you/your thought process) have lost absolutely NOTHING in translation. What are you afraid of?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Tibetans have skeletons preserved underground that are only 21 and 19 foot tall (two; a man and woman) reference: "The Third Eye" by T. Lobsang Rampa

You have to understand Tibetan History/Buddhism to understand what I am speaking of regarding ancient human artifacts claimed and preserved.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You have to understand Tibetan History/Buddhism to understand what I am speaking of regarding ancient human artifacts claimed and preserved.

When you refer to T. Lobsang Rampa, then no, I do not have to understand anything other than the fact that he was a plumber from Plympton...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join