It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What to watch after Sons of Anarchy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
Right so this is going to be a bit of a tough one for you guys given my very high standards when it comes to how i watch TV. I figure if i am going to spend entire weeks of my life literally just sitting watching shows then the better be good!

I just recently finished watching Sons of Anarchy and i am in the middle of watching House of Cards. I have also seen Strike Back, 24, Sapranos and breaking bad, the black list, all of the marvel shows and quite a few others (the usual stuff i guess). Anyway i need some ideas of what to watch next, house of cards is ok but now that i have finished season one and am into season two its getting a bit dull.

So i am looking for some kind of serialised show, I hate stuff like elementary or Supernatural where its just a different story each week also I would kinda like something made this decade. I do appreciate older golden TV but am looking for something new and fresh.

So any ideas please let me know am sitting here with some popcorn and a beer ready to to

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Narcos is great.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
Heya , currently watching the blacklist and Sons of anarchy.

Narcos is pretty good , Homeland is really good , wich is currently my favorite show , band of brothers , the pacific.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
a reply to: TheGreazel

Does homeland get better?

i watched homeland season one and didn't really like it thought the ending was basically just bait for a second season

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM

Watch the Black List. An amazing show with superb actors.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:27 PM

Season one was personally the worse one out of the 3 seasons i saw , season 2 and 3 where really good , have not seen 4 yet unfortunatly.

But in my opinion it did get better along the way.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
mr robot is awesome. cant wait for season 2
shameless (US version) is about the best thing ever imo
the knick
the killing
true detective
peaky blinders
the americans
agent carter

and i cant stress this one enough.

give it a couple episodes so you can grasp what is going favorite show.
i love helena so much

a reply to: DJMSN

I have been watching the black list but i gave up on it this season because its also getting a little too drawn out for my liking.

There is also a new show called "blindspot" that i started watching that is pretty good.

I gave up on Homeland after the first Season and I don't regret it.

I'm currently watching The Sopranos, on Season 1, Episode 3 now.

Thought I'd name a few since you made a pretty good list OP, especially The Blacklist.

The Shield - From the director of Sons of Anarchy
Prison Break
Person of Interest
Game of Thrones
True Detective
Better Call Saul

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
Ray Donovan

Liev Schreiber in a Mr Wolf type role with Jon Voight and a bunch of other quality thespians, really very good.

I miss SAMCRO too

edit on 13-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:34 PM

originally posted by: DJMSN

Watch the Black List. An amazing show with superb actors.

watching the last Episode from season one right now , gotta say pretty impressive 22 episodes in one season , think i started out watching it last weekend though lol

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM

i love homeland.
i thought the last 3 seasons were better than the first 2

orphan black orphan black orphan black

Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the stranger's identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she'll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:35 PM
Making a Murderer was good. If you like conspiracies.

I liked into the badlands. If you like kung fu like sword fighting.

Being Human

just a few.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM

You didn't mention wheteher you were only looking for dramas or not though it seems like it..

If you wanna watch some good comedies I'd recommend it's always sunny and the last man on earth.

For drama though dexter is always good and I watched narcos back to back because I liked it so much.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
Stargate both SG1 and Atlantis probably the best series ever created (let's not talk about the "other" Stargate that was horrible)
Space: Above and Beyond was a good show, CGI looks terrible now but it was an entertaining show (Yes it's older than you want but if you haven't seen it it's worth a watch)
Game of Thrones, enough time to catch up before the new season comes out, it's quite addictive and pretty much everybody can and does die
Lucifer is a new show beginning soon that looks to be decent and funny
There's the X-Files new series starting this month
The latest Blacklist episode was probably the best by far, ending on yet another cliff hanger (I guess you don't like the none closure and constant cliff hanger episodes?)
If you liked Breaking Bad you'll probably like Better call saul
House is good but I could never go on a binge watching all the episodes
Both Band of Brothers and the Pacific are brilliant WW2 1 season series
Southpark best animated series ever

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
I dont know if British tv is anything up your alley, but one of my favorite actors performed well (imo) in the series "Luther" . Its got three seasons.

Im guessing Breaking Bad you already completed. Maybe check out the pilot for Colony ^up there^ , its been advertising for a good week, and it has really piqued my interest.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:40 AM

you might want to check out the imdb tv-show top 250 TV SERIE TOP 250 for inspiration

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM

Those are the only two shows you should be concerned with right now.
Don't listen to anyone else, unless they tell you to watch The Wire or Peaky Blinders
Be careful though, after these two shows, all other shows will be terrible in comparison.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The wire was one of the best shows I've ever seen, theseason with the docks was a bit boring though.

Started watching blacklist, it's OK. Well acted and interesting but I dunno if I can be bothered to stick it out for the whole series. The whole 'I'm too clever for everyone and have conveniently set it all up perfectly' thing is already getting a bit old and I'm only 6 episodes in.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
Peaky Blinders

top topics

<<   2 >>