It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting start to the new year

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ah! Romance! Love it. It's exciting, isn't it, especially after a 'dry spell".

Enjoy it Skid. And may your heart race when you see her! Have you guys looked to see where half way is? That might be something to work on that's workable.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
Yes, it's very exciting. I'd given up, to be honest. I'm not sure where half way would be but I'll check it out. Thanks for the idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's an update:

I told my little sister that I'm getting married. She's ecstatic. I told my brother and sister in law today. They're overjoyed. They bought some land from friends (still haven't gotten the deed because who knows) and said they have no problem with me putting a place there. I can even buy it from them on land contract once I get disability. All they want is a vacation/weekend house on the land. The plot is pretty big and there's plenty of room. I told my older sister today and she's thrilled.

Why did I tell my mom, you might ask. I never know how she'll react to anything. She doesn't like my sister in law for some reason or other. I don't know why. Terry is one of the coolest people I've ever met. To my surprise and delight, she was accepting of it. That was a huge load off my mind. She thought it was a bit soon ( a few weeks before my birthday; which is why I call my Lewa my early birthday present from the universe) but was okay with it.

Looks like everything is working out. I'm just amazed. I still have to see how it would work for her to get US citizenship. I know that if an American marries someone from another country, the non US citizen becomes an American. I really don't know what all is involved in that.

I feel like I'm dreaming. I'm getting married. I never thought I would ever say those words. Seriously:

That's how bad it was.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Congrats again! It can be a big process from here. You'll need to get her either a K1 visa or a K3 visa, depending on where you want to get married.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Thank you so much! You have helped out tremendously.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You only met a few weeks ago. Take the time to really get to know her. I wouldn't jump into marriage right away. Still...I wish you all the best.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I never thought I would find somebody that had my sense of humor, let alone a woman. We spent about 10 minutes trading fart jokes and laughing our asses off the other night. I guess there really is somebody for everyone. Mind still = Blown

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join