It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More posting problems...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am once again having issues with posting in certain threads. Not only that, but a thread in which I had ALREADY POSTED has somehow locked me out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above thread is one I had previously posted in, but will no longer accept my tapping of the "post" button, no longer responds at all to my fingers touch.

There was another one today, a thread by NarcolepticBuddha, in which I was unable to post. I had to write to the member directly via the U2U system, in order to show my support for his endeavours.

Help?!

ETA:

It seems to be replying that causes the real trouble, but since replying to posts is kind of a thing around here, this issue has potential to really ruin my participation in events here. Having to re-write entire posts is....frankly not on!
edit on 13-1-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Could it be a browser issue? I'm sure you've already tried it, but did you restart the browser?

I've had problems with the ATS interface from time to time myself. Of course I'm using relatively ancient machines and possibly unstable browsers.

Just a thought...

-dex

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The above thread is one I had previously posted in, but will no longer accept my tapping of the "post" button, no longer responds at all to my fingers touch.

There's the issue Brit, you need to use the MOUSE, not your fingers

Just kiddin, but I haven't heard of any issues like that lately. It does sound like a local issue though, and I know people hate to hear that.

Can you give me some info on the device your'e using and software please?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Many threads are sticky today. I try to scroll and nothing happens for many many seconds. More than 15 sec anyway.
Got a post deleted too.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I am once again having issues with posting in certain threads. Not only that, but a thread in which I had ALREADY POSTED has somehow locked me out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was another one today, a thread by NarcolepticBuddha, in which I was unable to post. I had to write to the member directly via the U2U system, in order to show my support for his endeavours.

Help?!

ETA:

It seems to be replying that causes the real trouble, but since replying to posts is kind of a thing around here, this issue has potential to really ruin my participation in events here. Having to re-write entire posts is....frankly not on!

You could try keeping the posting button to the centre of the screen, I would have similar problem if I did not keep the working area scrolled to mid page. Other buttons, (but not all) just don't highlight without repositioning the working area, and if they don't highlight they don't work just a dead area, regardless of the pointer looking active.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am using an iPad, model No: MC773B/A

Software version: 7.1 (11D167)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That sounds like threads are becoming like my exgirlfriends.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I've been trying to track down a mobile/tablet issue today that has been a real pain in the arse. It's apparently related to an ad, but has been elusive.

However, its' easy to predict if you might have the issue -- the footer doesn't show up at the bottom of the page.

There is an intermittent "something" that's interrupting the JavaScript that controls key portions of the page. If/when the footer is interrupted, some of the JavaScript functions that control our inline posting form will never fire -- and you'll see exactly the symptom you're seeing.

Bottom line -- until the source is discovered, check to see if the footer at the bottom of the page is showing first. If not, reload.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The footer...

Is that the part at the bottom, the bottom most line of text reading as follows?:

viewport: 980x662 | document: 986x4504

Above this, on the left is the sites disclaimer/about statement, and on the right is a selection of options which runs from ATS home, right through to Contact Us.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Remember friends the page sizes..spread touch screen fingers changing sizes...pc page zooming larger- smaller too...at times that offsets our buttons locations....reducing or enlarging sometimes makes them work to post or reply etc.
MS
edit on 13-1-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join