It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith vs. Works in Christianity: The Problem of the Book of James

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Truth be told, us Muslims honor Jesus truer to his own words than Christians. We dont honor the false prophet Saul the Pharisee because he corrupted Jesus teachings. Even though Jesus states there are only 12 Apostles, and warns about false prophets claiming to have seen him, gives you an easy way to live, you defend to the death a murdering, lying Pharisee who says "imitate me" and I am all things to all men, you ignore his instability and call Jesus a liar by accepting a 13th Apostle against his decree of 12, a sacred number with a purpose. That's not following Jesus, that's ignoring him and accepting false teachings that CONTRADICT Jesus own words. How do you do it? I mean, you call him God, but I guess he wasn't a sufficient teacher because churchianity is all about Saul. Hes been a role model for greedy clergy taking advantage of people's lack of understanding. You want to know why Christianity is so despised? Saul the Pharisee. I'm just not gonna call Jesus a liar. And you may or may not realize it, but when you accept Saul, that's exactly what you're doing.

Didn't you say you were a Gnostic?

edit on 19-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Didn't you say you were a Gnostic?

If I recall correctly, in another thread, he has mentioned that he has his own private determination canonical scripture.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Truth be told, us Muslims honor Jesus truer to his own words than Christians. We dont honor the false prophet Saul the Pharisee because he corrupted Jesus teachings.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Indeed I read that post as well.
However if I understand him correctly, what he views as the Christian cannon, also includes the Gnostic texts as well as the general apocrypha.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

when one accepts a label they can easily be influenced by others of the same "title"

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

when one accepts a label they can easily be influenced by others of the same "title"

I don't think that accepting a label is exactly the same thing as recognizing what is canonical and what is not.
For example, Not even Bart Eherman considered the Gnostic texts canonical and he does not claim to be either Christian nor Gnostic.

In any event I went back over previous posts it may have been vethumanbeing I was thinking of.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ah second correction, apparently he considers himself a Gnostic as well as a Muslim, complete with his own definition of what a Gnostic is.

And if you think you know something about Gnosticism, it's older than christianity, evey religion has Gnostic teachings, and one mans Gnosticism is different than the next. Personally for me, it's a quest to learn every religion, not just the Most popular.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I don't believe Dr. Eherman ever talked about what should or should not be canon...

he was a pastor at a fundamental Christian church before he came to his issues with Christianity

Many seem to think hes an Atheist too... lol

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't believe Dr. Eherman ever talked about what should or should not be canon...

he was a pastor at a fundamental Christian church before he came to his issues with Christianity

Many seem to think hes an Atheist too... lol

I am aware of Erhmans work and know his history as a former evangelical.
As I recall he has said that he no longer considers himself a Christian and is agnostic to the existence of God.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That's true, and the Koran, Vedas, Zend Avesta, dead sea scrolls are all sacred. So are the teachings of Jesus, which were corrupted by Saul the Pharisee. Islam does honor Jesus more true to his own words than Christianity. That's shocking to hear, but it's actually true. Thomas Jefferson said Paul was the first person to corrupt the teachings of Jesus. You want to dig him up and tell him hes wrong. But I figured it out on my own and then found lots of people feel the same way. It ain't just me. Were seeing what you miss. They have eyes but cannot see, I believe is a quote from Jesus. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth and he will if you're sincere.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
Ah second correction, apparently he considers himself a Gnostic as well as a Muslim, complete with his own definition of what a Gnostic is.

And if you think you know something about Gnosticism, it's older than christianity, evey religion has Gnostic teachings, and one mans Gnosticism is different than the next. Personally for me, it's a quest to learn every religion, not just the Most popular.

Gnosticism tends to adopt truth's... but it originated from ancient greek mythology/religion

The concept predates Christiantiy, which is why there is "Christian Gnostic" writing which is the majority of the texts...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75freedom of religion a problem now?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Since Gnosticism is not a defined religion, and is anathema to the concept of telling people what to believe, it's not a problem to have your own individual beliefs, and encouraged. I will never have a set in stone belief system because it would hinder my spiritual freedom. You CAN have multiple religions. I think learning one at the expense of the rest is foolish. I think having clergy to explain things to you is also foolish. I'm an independent individual who does not live by rules.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

That's true, and the Koran, Vedas, Zend Avesta, dead sea scrolls are all sacred. So are the teachings of Jesus, which were corrupted by Saul the Pharisee.

I dont see it this way at all, but I understand you do.

Islam does honor Jesus more true to his own words than Christianity. That's shocking to hear, but it's actually true.

Not really shocking to hear Muslims have been saying that since the founding of their religion, needless to say the shock wore off long ago.

Thomas Jefferson said Paul was the first person to corrupt the teachings of Jesus. You want to dig him up and tell him hes wrong.

Thomas Jefferson was one of many generic "deist" that were fairly common in his day, why would I assume he is correct on matters of Christian theology and the understanding of matters divine? Being a good politician does not make one a sound theologian.

But I figured it out on my own and then found lots of people feel the same way. It ain't just me.

Lots of people felt that Black People are sub-human at one time as well, that did not make it true.

Were seeing what you miss. They have eyes but cannot see, I believe is a quote from Jesus.

Appealing to quotes out of context does not making your case. For example I could say "Comcast Cable is better than Bright-house Networks, I see it as do others, and Jesus said let those who have ears to hear hear." Attatching Jesus Name to an idea does not make it Magical, it makes it heretical.
Evoking the words of Christ in this context is not helping your case that Islam is honoring Jesus words.

Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth and he will if you're sincere.

I did and he has.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
And I took Shahada, and am a proud white Muslim. If that bothers you good. I want it to. I'm an anti discriminator. I'm sorry you can't see past the narrow Pauline doctrine you love so much, tell me, do you also think it's a disgrace for a woman to speak in church? Saul does. Can you picture Jesus saying that?

link   
And I took Shahada, and am a proud white Muslim. If that bothers you good. I want it to. I'm an anti discriminator. I'm sorry you can't see past the narrow Pauline doctrine you love so much, tell me, do you also think it's a disgrace for a woman to speak in church? Saul does. Can you picture Jesus saying that?

link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: Punisher75freedom of religion a problem now?

How do you figure that?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith

What are you on about? Did you post this in the wrong thread?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

That was perfect context and applicable hear as we. That's what Jesus meant, you have eyes, but can't see the truth. Its simple math. 12 Apostles. Saul, calling himself an apostle is lying, as all 12 spots were taken. You really can't understand that? That was not out of context, but I bet saying that made you feel better, so im ok with it

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Don't attack me for being tolerant if you don't want to hear about it. Who told you you could only have one religion? Who was it that thought it a good idea to trash Gnosticism?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join